Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
Either I'm totaly isolated from the news these days or we've not been hearing an awful lot about the European heat here in the UK. I can see from the GFS that the East of europe has been hot for a while yet and it's set to continue. I wonder when it will become 'newsworthy'?

Greetings,

Thunderstorms and gusty winds presently affecting the Hohe Tauren and Villach mountains. Pm now meeting the Tc .Temperatures falling in the North and West, however, further East ,33C expected around Vienna as the Tc airmass hangs on. There has certainly been a steady build of heat over Central& Eastern Europe with the main advection of heat into the Lower Baltic countries and West Russia.

C

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

Its been off the agenda for a while after the April Hot spell. Well things are certainly warming up today in the Central Mediterranean. 40C in Malta : 42C in Sicily :47C in Northern Tunisia. Its a long time since I was out in Malta but I do remember how hot it can get out there . Some of that heat pushing North into Tyrrhenian Sea.

C

Posted

. . . . . and in Greece too.

Elefsis Airport near Athens reported 45.8C yesterday, which may be a new June record for Greece.

Also see 45C reported in Kalamata and several other stations over 40C from the Metar reports.

Even some of the islands which are normally cooled by sea breezes became very hot. For instance 38C seen at Zakinthos.

It will probably be a bit cooler today with temperatures currently 32 to 38C at 1100Z.

However, 44C and still rising in Sicily at Catania

Gibli

Posted
Its been off the agenda for a while after the April Hot spell. Well things are certainly warming up today in the Central Mediterranean. 40C in Malta : 42C in Sicily :47C in Northern Tunisia. Its a long time since I was out in Malta but I do remember how hot it can get out there . Some of that heat pushing North into Tyrrhenian Sea.

C

Afternoon, the heatwave should peak today. As Gigli pointed out near record June temps in Greece. Heat transfers today further North into Central/ Southern Italy with widespread temperatures of 40C plus from Tunisia, Malta, Scicily. Could see a 47C recorded today in Southern Europe !

C

Posted

Greetings from Romania.

All hell broke lose here. It's 18.48 and 39 c in Bucharest. In Giurgiu 60 km south of Bucharest it's even better: 42 :) We are all going to die due to global warming, how nice :o

Posted

Greetings from Romania.

All hell broke lose here. It's 18.48 and 39 c in Bucharest. In Giurgiu 60 km south of Bucharest it's even better: 42 :) We are all going to die due to global warming, how nice :o

[/quote

Greetings to you "Alter ego" and welcome to netweather tv forum.

Impressive heat for you. Must be close to a health hazard in those high values. No such heat in the UK . Highest temperatures here around 13C with 100mm of rainfall yesterday in East Yorkshire with widespread flooding in Central parts of Britain.

C

Posted
Greetings from Romania.

All hell broke lose here. It's 18.48 and 39 c in Bucharest. In Giurgiu 60 km south of Bucharest it's even better: 42 :doh: We are all going to die due to global warming, how nice :rolleyes:

Ouch! Time to head for the mountains! That sort of heat is just totally unbearable; bring on autumn and some cooler temperatures...

Posted

No Euro Heat tonight. My wife reporting snowfall at the moment in the Austrain Alps above 1700m.

C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Off to se SE Spain(Murcia) on Sunday , i notice a bright plume of pink stretching into spain from N africa on the GFS 850 Chart , Looks like it could be very Hot

Posted

Hot today in Austria. Temperatures widely up to 34C with reports of 37 C in Upper Austria.

C

Posted
Hot today in Austria. Temperatures widely up to 34C with reports of 37 C in Upper Austria.

C

Morning all,

Another hot day forecast in Austria. Cloudless skies and temperatures already into the 70s at 8am. Airflow originating from North African . Fohn affects to the north of the Alpine regions should see temps reaching 38C again in Upper Austria.

C

Posted
Morning all,

Another hot day forecast in Austria. Cloudless skies and temperatures already into the 70s at 8am. Airflow originating from North African . Fohn affects to the north of the Alpine regions should see temps reaching 38C again in Upper Austria.

C

Sounds good to me :D , flying out to Innsbruck on Wednesday, so I hope the weather stays good for us. Got to be better than the weather here right now!. What's the forecast for the next week?

Posted
Sounds good to me :D , flying out to Innsbruck on Wednesday, so I hope the weather stays good for us. Got to be better than the weather here right now!. What's the forecast for the next week?

Hi Scotty12,

Forecast for some thundery rain into the Voralborg and parts on Tirol on Wednesday. Staying Hot for much of the South and East. Friday sees the return of the heat for Innsbruck. Always a chance of a thunderstorm being kicked off in the mountains in this set up. Enjoy the visit. Good beer drinking weather this 1

C

Posted
Hi Scotty12,

Forecast for some thundery rain into the Voralborg and parts on Tirol on Wednesday. Staying Hot for much of the South and East. Friday sees the return of the heat for Innsbruck. Always a chance of a thunderstorm being kicked off in the mountains in this set up. Enjoy the visit. Good beer drinking weather this 1

C

Thanks for the reply Carinthian. I am sooo looking forward to this trip and the forecast has made it sound better. I am certain that there will be plenty of beer drinking! :D

Thanks again....

Simon.

Posted
Morning all,

C

Evening,

Well another hot cloudless day in Carinthia. Temperature still around 80F in the southeast of the region at 23 hrs. Time for another Muhr lager !

C

Posted
Evening,

Well another hot cloudless day in Carinthia. Temperature still around 80F in the southeast of the region at 23 hrs. Time for another Muhr lager !

C

Dont it make ya pig sick!!!! :)

Posted
Dont it make ya pig sick!!!! :)

Hi Luton,

Watching the Blighty forecast does not make me homesick. Pictures on TV of floods and it looks like its not going to get any better. Bit too hot for comfort today. Locals still sat outside drinking copious amounts of cold beer.

C

Posted
Evening,

C

Morning,

Very warm last night. Some places stayed above 21C. Hot spell to continue with temperatures into the mid 30Cs. Airflow very warm at altitude today with temperatures of 21 C plus above 1500m,maybe enough for some Alpine thunderstorms later today, although these could be isolated, but with very little wind likely to hang around for quite a time.

C

Posted
Morning,

Very warm last night. Some places stayed above 21C. Hot spell to continue with temperatures into the mid 30Cs. Airflow very warm at altitude today with temperatures of 21 C plus above 1500m,maybe enough for some Alpine thunderstorms later today, although these could be isolated, but with very little wind likely to hang around for quite a time.

C

Afternoon,

Did reach 21C this afternoon at 1600m asl. Widespread temperatures of 35C in the Southern and Eastern Provences.

C

Posted
Afternoon,

Did reach 21C this afternoon at 1600m asl. Widespread temperatures of 35C in the Southern and Eastern Provences.

C

Heading out to Milan on the 26th July. Question is should I head for the Dolomites or the western alps of the mont blanc region.

Outlook for both area's would be appreciated :nonono:

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Whats the weather look like for the FQ race tommorow????

Posted

Greetings once again !

I honestly don't have any more words for the weather in my country. This new heatwave (which has a nord-african origin) is absoluty astonoshing. In Calafat (in the extreme south-west of the country) today is going to be the 4th consecutive day where the temperature will reach or even surpass 40 C . In Bucharest there were 2 days with 40 C in the south of the city, but yesterday, the temperature was "cooler", only 38.9 C, but don't worry, the maxim tem. for monday and tuesday is cet to be 41 C.

Of course that will make Bucharest the seconde hottest capital in the world after Baghdad, beating even Khartoum or Islamabad :rolleyes: .

The night temperatures are also nice, a night with a cool minimum temperature of 31 C hit Oravita 2 days ago. If you are wondering how we are doing in this race for survival, well I'm affraid that 12 of my compatriots dind't managed to reach the finishing line.

Edited by alter ego

Posted
Greetings once again !

I honestly don't have any more words for the weather in my country. This new heatwave (which has a nord-african origin) is absoluty astonoshing. In Calafat (in the extreme south-west of the country) today is going to be the 4th consecutive day where the temperature will reach or even surpass 40 C . In Bucharest there were 2 days with 40 C in the south of the city, but yesterday, the temperature was "cooler", only 38.9 C, but don't worry, the maxim tem. for monday and tuesday is cet to be 41 C.

Of course that will make Bucharest the seconde hottest capital in the world after Baghdad, beating even Khartoum or Islamabad :) .

The night temperatures are also nice, a night with a cool minimum temperature of 31 C hit Oravita 2 days ago. If you are wondering how we are doing in this race for survival, well I'm affraid that 12 of my compatriots dind't managed to reach the finishing line.

Hi ego,

No end is sight to your 'African' Heatwave. I know its been hot in Austria and Croatia but nothing like what you are experiencing in Romania. Must be close to recording all time record in Walachia Region ?

C

Posted
Greetings once again !

Of course that will make Bucharest the seconde hottest capital in the world after Baghdad, beating even Khartoum or Islamabad :( .

Hi, thanks for providing first hand info on that part of europe. It must be unbearable in such temperatures, do you know if any heat records have been broken, is this summer on course to be the warmest ever there given the other severe heatwaves you've had so far.