Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

WS2300 - Problems

Posted
Hi

I have just got a WS2350 (Not yet out of the box) from Skyview the Weather Company.. I also bought a Skyview installation kit, which includes a 5 foot pole and fittings. Plus i got a shelf to secure the rain gauge.

My question is

I know you fit the wind sensor to the pole, but does the thermo/hygro sensor also get fitted to the pole, or does it need to go somewhere sheltered.

Looking to get it set up in the next few weeks, so if anyone has any handy tips to make life easier in getting it up and running, that would be great.

Cheers Steve

It needs to be away from direct and convected heat such as a fence. I think in the instructions it gives you the approx height to mount it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
It needs to be away from direct and convected heat such as a fence. I think in the instructions it gives you the approx height to mount it.

Thanks Greyowl.

Read the instructions and it says to site it around 1 metre of the ground and secure it to a brick wall using the brackets provided.

Posted

Just to add.

Does the cover than comes with the hygro sensor not protect it from direct sun light.

And does anyone know if you can get a longer lead to connect from the base station to the computer.

say about 5 metres?.

Posted
Does the cover than comes with the hygro sensor not protect it from direct sun light.

Not really, I notice a big rise in temp when the sun hits it but I have no other location that is shaded enough, it doesn't like direct sun for accurate readings.

And does anyone know if you can get a longer lead to connect from the base station to the computer. say about 5 metres?.

I suspect you can hook something up with CAT5 cable and connectors but again I think it starts losing accuracy and speed with the data logging (I have only run mine with Wireless so can't be 100% certain of this)

Posted
Just to add.

And does anyone know if you can get a longer lead to connect from the base station to the computer.

say about 5 metres?.

Maplin sell the type of lead and you will need a crossover connector not a straight one.

As Coast says there is no protection on the sensor.

Posted
Maplin sell the type of lead and you will need a crossover connector not a straight one.

As Coast says there is no protection on the sensor.

So if I use a different lead I could be screwing up my data from the Sensors.

I noticed in the box you also get a USB Lead, if I was to use this one to link the base station to the Computer, but also used a longer USB Lead and used a USB hub to connect them both. Would that not work?.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hi.

Just set up my WS2350. I have it connected wired, not wireless.

I noticed this morning when I up loaded the data That the lowest temp on the History table in Heavy Weather was 3.1c. Now on the base unit the actual lowest temp was 2.9c.

As it was only set up last night and started recording data, it cannot be from any other point in time.

Also the radio controlled clock is an hour out. It's recieving a signal loud and clear, but not BST.

Any ideas?.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
Hi.

Just set up my WS2350. I have it connected wired, not wireless.

I noticed this morning when I up loaded the data That the lowest temp on the History table in Heavy Weather was 3.1c. Now on the base unit the actual lowest temp was 2.9c.

As it was only set up last night and started recording data, it cannot be from any other point in time.

Also the radio controlled clock is an hour out. It's recieving a signal loud and clear, but not BST.

Any ideas?.

The history data will be specific to the frequency of uploads, mine is set for every 30 minutes, so of course it will often miss the exact min/max, but they will still be recorded on the console. The console only stores several hundred data sets, so if you, for example, set the history to upload every 5 minutes, it would be full in less than one day, on my settings I only have to bother getting it on the PC twice a week.

You can adjust the time: Press 'Set' button> then set time zone to -1 hour (thats what mines on)!

Edited by Tonyh

Posted
The history data will be specific to the frequency of uploads, mine is set for every 30 minutes, so of course it will often miss the exact min/max, but they will still be recorded on the console. The console only stores several hundred data sets, so if you, for example, set the history to upload every 5 minutes, it would be full in less than one day, on my settings I only have to bother getting it on the PC twice a week.

You can adjust the time: Press 'Set' button> then set time zone to -1 hour (thats what mines on)!

Thanks Tony