Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Flood damage reports.

Posted
Bt internet here,seems okay!My daughters with Telewest broadband and was cut off a couple days ago due to the floods,she is back on now though.

Not sure where our water supply is coming from,our neighbour mentioned it could be stroughbridge or something! nooo me dad isen't the mayor of Tewks lol . I wish I could wave a magic wand and give you all your water back.It's ironic though that you are surrounded by water , but have no water!

Jane we have no water around us....

parts were cut off and flooded....but now ok I think

your area realy bad...and you have water(golddust)I have had only 3 coffees...not whiskey lol

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
Out of interest, in Old England pre-water treatment days, in certain areas(more in a dry period) the water from wells and springs was that bad that people would only drink Beer, there were even Breakfast ales would you believe :D

The fermentation process kills all... the weaker ale was for working with, it was about 2% alcohol and the stronger stuff was drank later in the day :rolleyes: More or less the whole country was absolutely steaming by supper time :lol:

I thaught this may be relevent,

Russ

Blimey lol! :o

Posted

lets raid Janes....water :lol: cloudy summer

Jane you could sell it..lol

sorry need to lol sometimes or just get depressed

Blimey lol! :rolleyes:

that sounds good...bring the old days back..lets all be merry

Edited by dogs32

Posted
just speaking to my cousin in Turkey.. msn .hes having realy bad heat wave...were the floods

people dying there from heat

we thought we had it bad

Yes south eastern Europe is under a record heatwave at the moment where in Hungary 500 people are dead in the last week, in Romania 30 are dead so far with their all-time July heat record beaten today with 44c in Calafat:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6914490.stm

This thread follows the heatwave:

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?s...51&start=51

Sorruy for being off-topic mods.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
lets raid Janes....water :rolleyes: cloudy summer

Jane you could sell it..lol

sorry need to lol sometimes or just get depressed

Nooooo ,ok I will give it away for a new pc lol :lol: Here's me joking about this now but knowing my luck when I do go to turn on the tap there will be no water left lol

Posted
Yes south eastern Europe is under a record heatwave at the moment where in Hungary 500 people are dead in the last week, in Romania 30 are dead so far with their all-time July heat record beaten today with 44c in Calafat:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6914490.stm

This thread follows the heatwave:

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?s...51&start=51

Sorruy for being off-topic mods.

Thanks for that...Im speaking to my cousin on msn live...I thought he was playing around becasue of here..hes 14....god that bad....hes saying its mega bad

Posted

God sake, I cant cope for 2weeks without water, Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Im deff getting out of chelt at the weekend, and getting a shower somewhere.

Anyone see the news? Pretty grim, whole of chelt & glos would of been evacuated if the power went out, now that is bloody shocking, I would of never have left, would of been xmas x1000000000000 for the looters!

Posted

Anyone see the news? Pretty grim, whole of chelt & glos would of been evacuated if the power went out, now that is bloody shocking, I would of never have left, would of been xmas x1000000000000 for the looters!

Thank God that the substation was saved...otherwise it would've been bedlam.

If you can get out of Cheltenham; do it. Go to Wales if you want....after all, its all their fault so you can nick their stuff as an excuse for flooding yer out. :(

Posted

God is that right...no way would i have left...why evacuate did they say

PP lol at your comment...your not happywith the welsh

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Thank God that the substation was saved...otherwise it would've been bedlam.

If you can get out of Cheltenham; do it. Go to Wales if you want....after all, its all their fault so you can nick their stuff as an excuse for flooding yer out. :(

Lol and there sheep to eat, baaaaa

Cant even buy milk or bread its pathetic.

Think were gonna go 2 sum of me family, i cant strip wash for 2weeks, feel dirty as a tramp ewwwwww, but we got Brown, isnt he so great, hes really helped us all so much, in his nice posh house with running water :(

Edited by Cloudy_Summer

Posted
They are tring though and the emergancy services have been exlent down there. Expecialy with protecting that power staion

Oh dont get me wrong, there fab, they saved us all from leaving, but the water situation is ridicious, we need to wash, flush toilets, wash pots, pans, and they have hardly any water really for us, its just really frustrating trying to save water at every single thing we do!

Edited by Cloudy_Summer

Posted
They are tring though and the emergancy services have been exlent down there. Expecialy with protecting that power staion

yesyesyeys very good emergency services excellent stuff....I hope they are honoured in some way...some worked 48hrs non stop

Iam very proud of our emergency services..saw helicopter after helicopter going to save people....many fire and rescue crews worked to save peoples homes

even though some had their homes flooded...

but I see cloudy summers frustration.....Its hard without proper water in many ways...You dont realise the importance of something untill its gone

Edited by dogs32

Posted
yesyesyeys very good emergency services excellent stuff....I hope they are honoured in some way...some worked 48hrs non stop

Tbh....I really wish I could've helped out.

Posted

One thing that has anoyed me even though i don't live down there is how gready some people have been. I saw on the news a family of four people takeing about 7 packs of water which contains around 10 big bottles of water so thats around 70 they took when its only ment to be two per family. I belive that they are aloud 2 packs a day. Some one corect me if i am wrong. Also the reports of the ideot kids vanderlising the water tanks. They may fide it funny now but when they run out of water i don't thin kthey will be laughing then.

How many bottls of water and or how many liters does one of the packs contain?

Edited by mark bayley

Posted
Tbh....I really wish I could've helped out.

PP Ive often wondered is that a pic of you ..lol..joke :)

thats me on the right oops left

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Well hopefully things will seem better in the morning, but never know whats going to happen next, just hope there is some settled weather on the way, dont think this area would cope with another downpour as bad as we had. :)

Posted
One thing that has anoyed me even though i don't live down there is how gready some people have been. I saw on the news a family of four people takeing about 7 packs of water which contains around 10 big bottles of water so thats around 70 they took when its only ment to be two per family. I belive that they are aloud 2 packs a day. Some one corect me if i am wrong. Also the reports of the ideot kids vanderlising the water tanks. They may fide it funny now but when they run out of water i don't thin kthey will be laughing then.

How many bottls of water and or how many liters does one of the packs contain?

It depends where you go......6 bottles 2lt...or24 small ones I dont know the size....I couldnt be bothered with the ques....Im dehydrated lol...I keep looking at my fish pond lol

The person that let me down was BEKA without the ARK she promised..lol sorry not enough water does strange things to u

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Looking at the forecast it looks as though there will be some patchy rain tommorow. Thursday looks as though you will see more rain. I think the BBC said around 20mm for thusday. friday and saturday showers. The forecast isn't good however it could be a lot worse

Edited by mark bayley

Posted
bottles are litre, and i dont know what the small drinking bottles would be, not that much really, our pond is deff for the loo lol

Got yourself a cess-pool in the making there.

:)

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted
Got yourself a cess-pool in the making there.

:)

I know its nasty, but were have to use it if we aint got enough water, but hopefully we should, if the chavs dont waste the water like they have been doing all day :)