Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Flood damage reports.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/23/world/23cnd-flood.html?hp Interesting report in the New York times. There are always people worse off, no matter how bad it gets it seems...

No doubt this period Will be talked about for many years as it is, I could not possibly imagine 17 inches of rain in a weekend in the UK :)

Regards,

Russ

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted

monkey or trickey are you on here,,,just lost water here

well managed to get 6 bottles of water...IT wasnt free...

got 6 bottles of wine..but that will make me thirsty...

5 bottles of lemonade...and a 22 foot pond 5 foot deep that should last me...

I just realy hope the electrics dont go as down the road 4miles away it been gone for hrs.

Conflicting reports about the electric so just going to wait and see

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Best of luck, dogs32. According to the news, you should be getting bowsers some time in the next 3 days, keeping my fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
I think they are being too pessimistic. I don't think there will be widespread flooding tomorrow. Most places will be able to deal with the rain and I feel there will be less falling than predicted. Some localised flooding is possible though.

Quote me if you want!

<_<

Mammatus :lol:

Posted

I am a bit worried I would be lying if I said I wasnt..

many people are even though they are smiling.take no notice of tele...many friends in glos/tewsk...and they are worried....but in times like these

you have to lol .

though you are worried.

there bringing in chemical toilets

for work places...

Edited by dogs32

Posted

c4 news - official mentions that 350,000 people are going to be without water.

for SEVEN DAYS MINIMUM... absolute minimum

water cut off late this evening/early morning.

<_<

thats a LOT of people.

torrential downpour in tewksbury ( john snow reporting)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
c4 news - official mentions that 350,000 people are going to be without water.

for SEVEN DAYS MINIMUM... absolute minimum

water cut off late this evening/early morning.

<_<

thats a LOT of people.

torrential downpour in tewksbury ( john snow reporting)

Yes, but your use of capitals and the fact that you did not qualify that is a little misleading, I'm afraid to say. That seven days minimum statement is mains supply. Emergency supplies are being provided.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
I am a bit worried I would be lying if I said I wasnt..

many people are even though they are smiling.take no notice of tele...many friends in glos/tewsk...and they are worried....but in times like these

you have to lol .

though you are worried.

there bringing in chemical toilets

for work places...

Castlemeads power station has had to be turned off. Is what I have just read, does this mean it has just been shut down, or was this earlier?

Regards,

Russ

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted
Castlemeads power station has had to be turned off. Is what I have just read, does this mean it has just been shut down, or was this earlier?

Regards,

Russ

Internet playing up now....rus all I know is they gave up on one sub station...hence power cuts parts of Brockworth/glos/tewsk

The other(wich Im on,there fighting to keep alive....there not sure which way in truth if they can keep it up and running....water rising flooding plant

so far they are doing a realy good job....but dont know how long they will keep trying...500,000 IT WILL EFFECT

HESTERSWAY just lost its water

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Our Tescos was very low on stuff like frsh Veg and Milk so I presume they're having problems sourcing it. Asked at the checkouts about this and the lady said it was due to increased demand.

Yes, just to show an example of how this will affect a far wider area than the direct flood-zones ; I was speaking this afternoon with the manager of a dairy business that I am due to deliver leaflets for. They get their milk supply from Tewkesbury, no milk has been available to them since Friday and he is working damned hard to get supplies from elsewhere to meet customer orders in Wiltshire/Somerset.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

We still have water here,but it wont be long before it runs out.My daughter in Cheltenham just rang to say her water has run out now.It seems the water supplies will not get back to normal for at least 14 days <_< We went and bought a 2 ring gas stove today due to only having electricty here,so if the power goes we will at least be able to boil our water and cook something.Went to the supermarket this afternoon,no milk or bread anywhere so i'm told and all bottled water is sold out! I've never known anything like it.I feel so sorry for everybody it has affected it is truly worrying!

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Would just like to say To all those affected by the floods , PLEASE STAY SAFE , and take care

Nigel

Posted

The BBC website shows just how bad it is: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6911226.stm

Click on "VIDEO AND AUDIO NEWS" & "Aerial footage of flooded towns and villages".

Then click on "Viewer's views of UK floods".

I've just seen the videos and was atonished and amazed to see an idiot riding a jet-ski

(yes, a jet-ski! :lol: ) down a high-street it seems in the floods.

That has to be the most ridiculous, dangerous and irresposible thing I've ever seen. <_<

I don't think this jet-ski madness can be seen any more but anyway it's not what you'd expect!

Edited by Thundersquall

Posted
We still have water here,but it wont be long before it runs out.My daughter in Cheltenham just rang to say her water has run out now.It seems the water supplies will not get back to normal for at least 14 days :lol: We went and bought a 2 ring gas stove today due to only having electricty here,so if the power goes we will at least be able to boil our water and cook something.Went to the supermarket this afternoon,no milk or bread anywhere so i'm told and all bottled water is sold out! I've never known anything like it.I feel so sorry for everybody it has affected it is truly worrying!

GOOD to hear someone close Jane <_<

water went here Jane at 6.00pm

To be honest Im more worried about electric...because if got REALY bad say I do have a pond I could boil water....I know it sounds daft but when your in these situs you have to compromise...IT probaly wont come to that I hope....but 500,000 people and germs,contamination....

anyway glad to here a voice from 9 miles away,,,feel Im not alone...ps MONKEY UK was here earlier...havent heard from Trickey and LYNXUS...maybe power cut.

ps THANKS Nigel

ps Jane my brother lost electric at 2.00am plus water...they have new baby as well

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
GOOD to hear someone close Jane <_<

water went here Jane at 6.00pm

To be honest Im more worried about electric...because if got REALY bad say I do have a pond I could boil water....I know it sounds daft but when your in these situs you have to compromise...IT probaly wont come to that I hope....but 500,000 people and germs,contamination....

anyway glad to here a voice from 9 miles away,,,feel Im not alone...ps MONKEY UK was here earlier...havent heard from Trickey and LYNXUS...maybe power cut.

ps THANKS Nigel

ps Jane my brother lost electric at 2.00am plus water...they have new baby as well

Hi dogs

I too am also worried about the electricity going and the state of the water situation. We have just found out tonight that we have a bowser located at GUPSHILL MANOR, GLOUCESTER RD which is just up the road from us,we will probably pop up there tommorow.

You are not alone and feel free to PM me if need be.

Oh your poor brother! I know how he must feel having a little baby in a situation like this,I have a 7 month old grandson (Yes i'm not really 98 just a very young nan lol) and I have been so worried for him,have been giving my daughter and partner all safety instructions on boiling water for his bottles etc.I check up on them every 5 minutes.I have charged my mobile up continously and even have a back up landline phone just in case there is a powercut.I did have a dentist app in Gloucester on Wednesday and it's taken me months to pluck up the courage to go there lol ,now I won't be able to get into Gloucester at all.

Keep safe and take care and keep us updated,we are all in this together.Hope your brother will be okay and his family.

There has been a beautiful pink sky this evening with mammatus up here,it really looked like we were going to have a thunderstorm earlier but we had a few drops of heavy rain.

Thanks for thinking of us Nigel :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights
Thanks for thinking of us Nigel :)

I doubt there's anyone who has been following this thread who isn't thinking of you all tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Hi there . Looking at the posts it one hell of a situation out there. We in Evesham have had tremendous flood damage but at least we have our electric and water! It sounds absurd that barely twelve miles down the road there is a critical situation with floods and no power and more importantantly no water. Thankfully we have got no problems like that "as yet"! but im thinking of you all , and i hope everything soon sorts it self out! :)

Posted

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa fed upppppppppppppppppppp

there losing the battle of POWER STATION S~~~T.....sorry this is frustrating now....BBC midnight critical sub station losing battle.

Breaking NEWS bbc :):)

by 1.00am if were still on should know

bbc said critical by midnight breaking news

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Goverment say will give support if the station as to be shut off..

There in a meeting about it.

Call me negative but I think thats a prelude to whats going to happen

Posted

Can I just point out that if any of our guests would like to contribute to this thread, or any other part of the forum, it is completely free to become a member.

Thanks.

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

According to the EA, the water level at the electricity sub-station has peaked, so hopefully if you've still got power Dogs, you should keep it - Just on Sky News

Posted
According to the EA, the water level at the electricity sub-station has peaked, so hopefully if you've still got power Dogs, you should keep it - Just on Sky News

thanks just been confirmed from one of my brothers..

sorry I panicked earlier what with no water.....things looking realy depressing but now some hope.... :)

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Did anybody just watch bbc news 24? , i heard air raid sirens going off ( flood sirens now )...... Local authorities telling people they must leave now , your life is at risk. You could see the water pumping up from below the house with the sirens going off. This is happening within the last few hrs

Never in my life have i seen or head anything like this away from the movies , incredible stuff and shocking at the same time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder
Did anybody just watch bbc news 24? , i heard air raid sirens going off ( flood sirens now )...... Local authorities telling people they must leave now , your life is at risk. You could see the water pumping up from below the house with the sirens going off. This is happening within the last few hrs

Never in my life have i seen or head anything like this away from the movies , incredible stuff and shocking at the same time.

Where Neil?