Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Flood damage reports.

Posted
yea because people will have the same idea

I know its Tewskbury..parts of glos I think....and some minor roads around the country here...but not sure where......the police say not to travel through out glos....M5 ok though...but very slow

It seems thousands have lost their cars already....so if they want to get more supplies they will either have to walk (unrealistic) or hitch a ride from somebody else.

Crazy situation.

Posted

jeez , that sounds bad dogs32. hope you manage to find some supplies.

on sky news i noticed that an entire power station may go offline this afternoon - Walham. they're battling to keep it going, but the flood levels are still rising.

350,000 without water this afternoon.

is there a chance that london may flood as well as the floodwaters go down the thames during the week?

i heard an official on sky news saying that ALL of the weirs have been fully opened.

Edited by justinflavin

Posted
jeez , that sounds bad dogs32. hope you manage to find some supplies.

on sky news i noticed that an entire power station may go offline this afternoon - Walham. they're battling to keep it going, but the flood levels are still rising.

350,000 without water this afternoon.

is there a chance that london may flood as well as the floodwaters go down the thames during the week?

i heard an official on sky news saying that ALL of the weirs have been fully opened.

I will STRESS the INFO im getting is SECOND HAND INFO FROM MANY PEOPLE FROM PHONE CALLS ACROSS GLOS

LATEST

LOCAL RADIO SAYS CHELTENHAM WILL LOOSE POWER TONIGHT/GLOUC/TEWSK

there eyes are on also the THAMES FLOODING what part I dont know

Edited by dogs32

Posted
I will STRESS the INFO im getting is SECOND HAND INFO FROM MANY PEOPLE FROM PHONE CALLS ACROSS GLOS

LATEST

LOCAL RADIO SAYS CHELTENHAM WILL LOOSE POWER TONIGHT/GLOUC/TEWSK

there eyes are on also the THAMES FLOODING what part I dont know

thanks for info. keep us posted on the latest developments. whats your local radio station - i might have a listen if its got an internet stream.

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

If anyone wants to listen Live to the BBC local radio stations for the flooded areas click here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/radindex.shtml

Their "on the ground first hand" coverage over the weekend has been superb. If the stations aren't currently covering the floods, the news is usually on the hour.

19 = Hereford & Worcestershire

32 = Radio Gloucester

Edited by kar999

Posted
thanks for info. keep us posted on the latest developments. whats your local radio station - i might have a listen if its got an internet stream.

BBC RADIO GLOUCESTERSHIRE/////SEVERN SOUNDS....STAR RADIO.....BBC GLOUCESTERSHIRE BEST FOR NEWS

2 sea kings just flew over GLOs direction

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire/conte...gallery.shtml?5

the radio station here was first class the other night..there is a stream on there somewhere

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Will the Thames floods gradually move down stream and eventually affect London or will the threat subside the lower down stream you get? I'm due to go to London this week and so am keeping an eye on the situation so I can amend my plans if need be.

Also, does anyone know how much more rain is expected in the next few days?

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

If your out of electricity and gas and need to boil water to kill off bacteria. Go get yourself and nice big metal container and an axe. Whack some bushes or a small tree down and build yourself a small fire in the garden and heat the water that way!

Posted
If your out of electricity and gas and need to boil water to kill off bacteria. Go get yourself and nice big metal container and an axe. Whack some bushes or a small tree down and build yourself a small fire in the garden and heat the water that way!

It seems funny but the truth is that MIGHT REALY happen

crazy realy never thought things like this could happen in glos

seems to be helcopters every 20 mins or so now

real low

GOD man...I could see the rescue crew...going to glos SO LOW

right over my house

its like a disaster movie

people must be being rescued...3 in the last 10 mins

def glos direction

Edited by dogs32

Posted
It seems funny but the truth is that MIGHT REALY happen

crazy realy never thought things like this could happen in glos

seems to be helcopters every 20 mins or so now

real low

GOD man...I could see the rescue crew...going to glos SO LOW

right over my house

its like a disaster movie

Are they still rescuing people from your area? It must seem surreal.

Posted

Talking of helicopters i'm quite suprised the RAF or army are not dropping supplies of water and easily prepared food if the shops and supermarkets are really that empty! Just goes to prove how disorganised this country is when a major disaster like this strike our own shores ;)

The only thing that ever happens is area affected get a short sharp visit from the current prime minister pledgeing more money for the affected areas flood defences, problem is the water just goes 30 miles downstream and then floods some other poor bugger!

Edited by SnowJoke

Posted

they are.....bbc 1hr ago....plus these seakings WERE REALY low going somewhere...I could see the guys helmet...black sheild mask...orange red suit

thats how low.....for that to be that low must be a rescue taking place

I think its caught everyone out..APART FROM SOME ON HERE...they are dropping supplies off (BARNWOOD) and I cant remember where else 2 other places.

Barnwood is about 5 mins away in car here

I remember the conversations on here before FRIDAY and how some people were saying how bad it was going to be(I wont mention names)

But fairplay to them....maybe if the Goverment heard them, more could of been done...Good forecasting some people

I told people what was coming NO ONE heard..that it was going to be realy bad....isnt that always the case

I remember that night Quite a few of us was watching the RED BLOB over Cherbourge..slowly move north.

rain getting heavy here again or trying

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Just heard on the news that the water-level surrounding the recent power-station under threat has stabilised.

However, I have also heard that some people have been selling bottle-water on the streets...at rather high prices.

Posted
Also small shops are putting the prices of food like bread up ;)

Goverment will step in I hope so

Justin thats going EAST isnt it....heavy rain here now

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Talking of helicopters i'm quite suprised the RAF or army are not dropping supplies of water and easily prepared food if the shops and supermarkets are really that empty! Just goes to prove how disorganised this country is when a major disaster like this strike our own shores ;)

The thing that really peeved me off was this ; the Navy from Plymouth have been called in to help the situation in Gloucestershire (good) and they were shown marching along the road - why marching :rolleyes: ? Just get the hell as quick as possible to where you've been asked to go and save some people's livelihoods etc!!

Posted
The thing that really peeved me off was this ; the Navy from Plymouth have been called in to help the situation in Gloucestershire (good) and they were shown marching along the road - why marching :rolleyes: ? Just get the hell as quick as possible to where you've been asked to go and save some people's livelihoods etc!!

lol ;) but yea good point....just for showing off

It would be nice to get back to normal...but that seems far off at present...But PP said He thinks the power supply might be saved ,so Hopefully some good news...

I think some people in glos find it exciting.....but If the electrics go and water runs out....the mood will change..I feel fed up knowing we might not have electrics

from 7 to 14....days...Still keeping fingers crossed

Edited by dogs32

Posted
The thing that really peeved me off was this ; the Navy from Plymouth have been called in to help the situation in Gloucestershire (good) and they were shown marching along the road - why marching ;) ? Just get the hell as quick as possible to where you've been asked to go and save some people's livelihoods etc!!

probably marching to an assembly point to be picked up by helicopter?

Posted

Its actually probably quicker to march a largish body of men into a crisis zone than to try and ferry them in by coach, bus or such. The vehicles can then be used for moving kit.

Also they wont have many choppers available as the services are short of those anyway, and those that are available will be on search and rescue missions and flood defense shipping, not moving troops.

Posted
yea because people will have the same idea

I know its Tewskbury..parts of glos I think....and some minor roads around the country here...but not sure where......the police say not to travel through out glos....M5 ok though...but very slow

Highways agency are putting signs all over the country saying that flooding is forecast between jct's 8-11 on the M5.

Be careful if you go too far that you will be able to get back.

Posted

Had a look at there web site and they have got signs as far as Preston Manchester and Leads. So i take it there expecting it to be closed later today because it is going to flood?

Edited by mark bayley