Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Flood damage reports.

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

I posted this yesterday but it's long since got lost in the general thread...

For those outside the area here is the link to yesterdays early evening editon of BBC's Midlands Today which shows the flooding in the region particularly Hereford & Worcestershire & Gloucestershire.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/e...wm=1&bbwm=1

If the link doesnt work try here and select "watch latest edition in full" on the right of the screen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/midlandstoday/

Edited by kar999

Posted

Will go out to see how the flood waters are fairing here in pershore shortly, we are officially cut off at the moment though.

Posted
I've not heard any more on that though I understand they were trapped but not in any immediate danger

Further set of pictures just about to be added to the gallery.

There is good film footage on both BBC News 24 and Sky News

they are still trapped

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

Really worried about the bridge in Tenbury now

The map below indicates the following areas

1) Location of the teme footage I took this afternoon video below

http://media.putfile.com/River-Teme

2) Location of reporter, Ludlow where I expect photos to come in shortly

3) Location of Tenbury floods , where bridge is at risk of going. pictures of cinema, and restaurant below from Tenbury

regal_cinema_tenbury_david_hambleton_406x304.jpg

ship_inn_tenbury_david_hambleton_406x304.jpg

map.jpg

Posted
I posted this yesterday but it's long since got lost in the general thread...

For those outside the area here is the link to yesterdays early evening editon of BBC's Midlands Today which shows the flooding in the region particularly Hereford & Worcestershire & Gloucestershire.

If the link doesnt work try here and select "watch latest edition in full" on the right of the screen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/midlandstoday/

EDIT: The above link now doesn't show last nights edition but has now been updated and launches a special edition of Midlands Today broadcast this afternoon (Saturday) showing the current situation.

Edited by kar999

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
Here are some pictures I took of yesterday's floods:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95346693@N00/...57600937975327/

Thanks trickey and dogs,it was quite a sight to see! Well captured pics there trickey.We were going to go to Apperley(another of my favorite places)but were worried we may not be able to get back,we were wondering about Willow hill farm where we take our caravan in the summer,the field there tends to flood.We haven't been able to go away anywhere this summer due to the persistent rain and floods. :rolleyes:

Posted

Jane,,Im not sureif Ive got this right but I think Tewskbury/glos/Cheltenham might have water turned off later due to water board problem Seven Trent Advise Conserve water

check it out...I just got up when I heard it(BBC)

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Jane,,Im not sureif Ive got this right but I think Tewskbury/glos/Cheltenham might have water turned off later due to water board problem Seven Trent Advise Conserve water

Thanks for letting me know dogs,have looked on the net but can't find anything.Just putting News24 on now to find out more.

Posted

I think i heard that somewhere as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Avoid Stratford Upon Avon at the Moment. Also Places Around the River Severn Including Bewdley, Tenbury Wells.

To be Honest you could run into Floods anywhere in Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, West Midlands (Especially South of Dudley) and Worcestershire.

Posted

yea susana ried was talking to someone...And the woman said Severn Trent got problems,asking people to conserve water,Tewks/Glos/chelt

It was something like that I was just waking up so I dont know if I have it completely right

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Tewkesbury and surrounding towns are being shown on News 24 now!

The Met Office has put out a weather warning for heavy rain today for gloucestershire :rolleyes:

Edited by Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

OH, oh dear,

METO Warning:

Gloucestershire

Heavy Rain 1000 Sun 22 1500 Sun 22

Heavy showers may give up to 15 to 20mm of rain..... http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/sw/...t_warnings.html

This will really exacerbate things if it comes.

Posted

yes I know Trickey...

Mark Bayley where did you hear about water cut off

In a sick way!!! water cut off when weve got so much off it

She did say pos tonight...so Im sure it will be back on BBC

Edited by dogs32

Posted

BBC News 24. A water treatment center has been flooded. I heard the north of the county could have its water cut off later. Sorry forgot which county it is but i will go find out now.

From the bbc

The Gloucestershire town of Tewkesbury remains almost completely cut off - and Severn Trent Water is warning householders in the north of the county that water supplies could run out by early Sunday evening because a treatment plant has been flooded

BBC

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

Just heard stament off bbc news 24. The water for the above area will run out today. The treatment place has been evaquated and the only water left is whats in the pipes. Go to bbc news 24 now

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

News 24 just said that Severn Trent water board has just made a statement saying that there is only a little water left in the pipes so our water is going to run out today! :( We have just filled up with bottles and saucepans of water here!

Posted

Water level in Evesham has dropped several feet overnight

Fortunately we have plenty of drinking water - may have to start selling it! - there are reports that Cropthorne and Pershore also now without fresh water!

Posted
Water level in Evesham has dropped several feet overnight

Fortunately we have plenty of drinking water - may have to start selling it! - there are reports that Cropthorne and Pershore also now without fresh water!

Yea the latest here is the river severn is worse today with more flooding in places....Water Board flooded for the first time in living memory,Pipes of drinking water will run out in Tewksbury/Gloucester/Cheltenham sometime today.Expected to last for a few days,Emergency services going to distribute water

to diferent places where needed.Advice not to fill baths up ....easy for them to say!shops people will buy many bottles of water/pop/ect...could run out

plus heavy rain expected here and surronded areas....River Severn swelling I dont know if records are broken yet on the size of river...

Overall a grim picture here and around these parts////and others