Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 13th - 14th January 2004

highcliffe2

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Hmmmm ok, thought it was supposed to rain this morning and then dry up this afternoon. we had sleet this morning and now i am starring out of my window at heavy snowfalling. probably not gonna lay due to ground being too wet though. :D:(:):)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

weve just started to recieve periods of sleet and snow.

Posted

We are currently experiencing heavy wet snow here just North of Chelmsford. Its 2c and I am very surprised at this, there was no mention of this bbc southeast. Its not settling yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

WOOOOOOOOOOO! 4 hours of heavy snow this morning leading to 5cm of settling snow! Mega snowball fights at school it was great snow still lying pretty deep in peoples gardens and paths though it has melted on the roads. Temperature is 1C

Posted
WOOOOOOOOOOO! 4 hours of heavy snow this morning leading to 5cm of settling snow! Mega snowball fights at school it was great snow still lying pretty deep in peoples gardens and paths though it has melted on the roads. Temperature is 1C

You can change your signature now then .. "The home of no snow" :D

WB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

There was allegedly some torrential rain and hail in Lancaster between 2.30 and 4.30 pm, on an otherwise uneventful day. With the temp falling to 3.4C, I suspect there was probably sleet or wet snow as well.

I was indoors, away from windows and hence the weather, for just 2 hours today.

2:30 to 4:30pm.

:evil:

Posted

I am reporting light sleet this evening between 18-1900.

Temp really fell quickly this afternoon.

From 6c at midday in a W wind to just 1c by 1600 and a brisk northerly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Sleet here today too. The snowline came down a bit at around midday, and I started to get excited. It only rained after that though! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Posted

The snow in Bedford this afternoon settled a bit, giving a covering on cars, roofs, grass and slush on the road. On the drive home up the A6 it was quite thick on the outskirts of Rushden on the laybys and side roads, about 2-3 inches. It's thawed quite abit, but stopped thawing now as the skys clear. Still about an inch on the grass and pavements in places.

Just goes to show even small differences in altitude/urban heat make the difference between snow settling or not - Bedford (25m) trace of snow settling, OS spot height on A6 2 miles south of Rushden (103m), upto 3 inches.

Nice snowy pictures on local news from Northampton Town's Sixfields stadium tonight.

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

everybodys!! the me is had so ommuch snows todays! it is was heavy juicy fat thick white fluffies and they is fell from sky like the me hasnt seens all winter and they is even settled on grass, rooves and cars. me is was amazed cos the me is wasnt forecast any! it is started round 3pms and lasteds teel 4.45pms!! very gorgeous mans!!! me is was wickedly chuffeds!!!!!! :(:):):):D

Posted

I had 20cm of level snow and around freezing all day Been out for a brisk late afternoon walk in the winter wonderland - great for cross country sking depth on tops 25cm. Hope you are all envious. :D

Guest ChaserUK

No snow to speak of but we had about 6 lots of heavy hail today. Light covering this morning and this evening it was so loud you could not hear yourself think!!

Posted
I had 20cm of level snow and around freezing all day Been out for a brisk late afternoon walk in the winter wonderland - great for cross country sking depth on tops 25cm. Hope you are all envious. :D

lucky lol :( any pictures?

Posted

Unfortunately I only have an SLR, which is in for service, do not have a digital camera yet. I intend to upgrade soon, when I do I will post similar scenes so you can all enjoy.

Posted

We need a new thread for this, but currently rain turning rapidly to sleet and snow here (95m)