Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Reports - Wednesday 3rd December Onwards

Paul

Posted

The rain turned to snow here at about 3pm and has been going ever since.

No more than a 2cm covering as it has never really been heavy.

Should be a picture postcard scene in the morning. B)

Posted

Was sleeting on the tops to the W of Harrogate yesterday early evening, and the tops of the fells in the Dales were all white today; the snow line for settling seemed to be about 1200'. Here the rain / sleet finally washed away most of the last of the snow, which means there's been traces on the ground for 14 days. I'd have to think back a long time for such a period of continuous (albeit broken) cover, perhaps as far back as 1981.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

There was a skiff of snow at my mum's near Aberfeldy, Perthshire this morning from last nights showers. Even here near the coast they got sleety later.

I am heading up to Highland Perthshire this afternoon and am wondering to what levels the snow will fall initially. I usually go over the hill road from Dunkeld which peaks at about 1400 feet so am expecting to see some snowat least higher up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ice and snow, heat and sun!

Heavy sleet here in Blairgowrie. We're not very high, just about 60m asl, so should be quite wintry in the Highlands/Grampians. Actually, just seen the Lecht webcam, it's 'blin drift' as they say up there!!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Change in the weather here yesterday afternoon, when from 1500 there has been a gradual rise in the temperature from 2.5 to 4.6 by early afternoon today. Totally overcast throughout, with some light showers from late morning, but some sharp showers this afternoon, though nothing at all on the radar.

Temp now falling back to 2.9 and DP 1.5 with surprising sleet currently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Woke up to find overnight flurries / snizzle has deposited an icing sugar dusting to everything, not sure how localised this is yet.

Posted

Woke up to a totally unexpected dusting this morning, everythings white.

Currently light snow and temperature hovering at a chilly -2.7C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Few small flakes falling now, blink and your miss it though. Perhaps better with dark and a lamp post! Still, proper winter here again with strong frost as well.

Posted

Light snow is falling in Manchester on and off. There picture varies significantly from place to place. When i left my flat in the city centre there was just a little bit of icing on the cars but around the Brewery (Hulme) it was like a winter wonderland with a covering everywhere. As i continued my journey to work some areas had nothing but Wythenshawe which is where i work has a covering. It looks like kids took a spray overninght and painted everything white!

Temperature at midday is -3c so i should conmfortably record another ice day!

A wonderful way to finish 2008!

Karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Just had a very brief spell of very fine light snow, not exactly a blizzard but it's definitely snow!

Posted
Light snow is falling in Manchester on and off. There picture varies significantly from place to place. When i left my flat in the city centre there was just a little bit of icing on the cars but around the Brewery (Hulme) it was like a winter wonderland with a covering everywhere. As i continued my journey to work some areas had nothing but Wythenshawe which is where i work has a covering. It looks like kids took a spray overninght and painted everything white!

Temperature at midday is -3c so i should conmfortably record another ice day!

A wonderful way to finish 2008!

Karyo

yes, found much the same in some of the southern and south west suburbs of Sheffield driving around today. Most places it was obviously a deposit of hoar/rime on vertical surfaces but in isolated spots (perhaps downwind of some heat source - chimneys/power station or whatever) it was obviously falling, very very fine granular bits. Stopping and looking and touching some on stationary cars, up to almost .75cm with definite crystaline appearances, and some quite beautiful snow flakes, very small, mostly hexaganol in shape.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

just had a passing shower of the smallest snow grains.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Just had a snow shower down town with medium sized flakes and around a 0.5cm covering on cars. :)

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Dusting of snow on all surfaces in Edgeley, Stockport. Fell sometime between 8:45pm and 11:45pm tonight.

Edited by The Enforcer

Posted

Happy new year everyone.

Got back frm party to find surfaces covered in snowflakes and the odd flake in the air.

Posted

The very finest of snow here. Definitely another "blink and you'll miss it job", though.

Oh, the joy of being able to post in here! :)

Guest Shetland Coastie

Snow showers leaving a light covering of snow here at the moment and freezing in between. Everything is white :D