Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

we have torrentoial snow here now!!!! :lol: .....

EDIT: oooh sorry just had a quick nap- lol

Posted
my word i have just come off the phone my friend in london, he claims that the cars wheels have become invisible... lol

It does look fun down that way :lol: click on live cam and pick Leicester Square

Here

jk

we have torrentoial snow here now!!!! :) .....

EDIT: oooh sorry just had a quick nap- lol

Little unclear from your location as to where you are for a newbie like me :lol:

I'm in Stoke at the moment, Birches Head to be exact and we have nothing... where you are exactly?

Posted

Grrrrr them showers look right little beauties, if only they would would come more SW :doh:

post-6161-1233534643_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Well, I was beginning to think I'd have no excuse to stay at home tomorrow but it is finally snowing again here in Southampton - can just about see it in front of the streetlights, but they're fat and fluffy. Clouds still thin and patchy but sky to the NE looking orange and promising....

:doh:

-2.2C, dew point -6.0 and rising, humidity 75% and rising

Kate

Posted
Well here's the accumulation chart for the last 12 hours:

post-992-1233534293_thumb.png

As you can see, the forcefield is keeping any significant snow showers at bay.

it's ludicrous. this really is the most desperate thing - should i cling on to some faint hope for tomorrow? Drayton is at least a mile from abingdon so maybe that will make all the difference.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Grrrrr them showers look right little beauties, if only they would would come more SW :doh:

I think this is going to go down as the worst snow event ever for me.

Hammering down South, Hammering up North and the Midlands has got the least snow in England by far. I am 100 miles from seeing the best snow event in my lifetime, gotta be the worst feeling ever.

Posted
Little unclear from your location as to where you are for a newbie like me :doh:

I'm in Stoke at the moment, Birches Head to be exact and we have nothing... where you are exactly?

it was a joke to say we have sod all lol. im at brum atm but in stoke on the weekends.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Heavy snow shower now imminent

post-2951-1233534967_thumb.png

Will update you when it starts in 5/10 mins :doh:

Posted

Hammering down South, Hammering up North and the Midlands has got the least snow in England by far. I am 100 miles from seeing the best snow event in my lifetime, gotta be the worst feeling ever.

hey andy chill out and take a breather we still have at least 12 more hours of potential snow showers left and then the frontal system itself. You will get quite abit. When have the south easteners ever NOT taken all of OUR well deserved snow?! lol

Posted

I think you're wrong there, atleast you've seen snow, some haven't seen a flake.

<<<<<<< :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
I think you're wrong there, atleast you've seen snow, some haven't seen a flake.

<<<<<<< :doh:

True, you might get more than me during tomorrow and Tuesday though :D

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
it's ludicrous. this really is the most desperate thing - should i cling on to some faint hope for tomorrow? Drayton is at least a mile from abingdon so maybe that will make all the difference.

You're about 4 miles south-west of me, which could make all the difference as far as showers are concerned. It seems that only frontal snow can penetrate the forcefield.

Edited by The Enforcer

Posted

It's chucking it down in the SE and N, a few showers are making it to the Birmingham area then dying out- starting up again over Wales in some cases.

It won't snow in Shrewsbury from an easterly

It won't snow in Shrewsbury from a westerly

It won't snow in Shrewsbury from a northerly

It certainly won't snow in Shrewsbury from a southerly

It would'nt snow in Shrewsbury if you moved Earth outside Jupiter's orbit and fired 6 million snow cannons into the air- it would still find a way to miss us

Goodnight ;);)

Posted
True, you might get more than me during tomorrow and Tuesday though ;)

You know alot more then me but I thought you were in the hot spot for tomorrow night? When I seen the bbc forecast the graphics covered most of the midlands but only just scraped some of the SW.

But I dont think anyone knows, but I gotta admit I was looking forward to waking up and seeing snow falling. I haven't seen day snow for agessssssssssss. ;)

Posted
You're about 4 miles south-west of me, which could make all the difference as far as showers are concerned. It seems that only frontal snow can penetrate the forcefield.

I can confirm though that the Reading forcefield is still well intact as well, you're not on your own

Posted
I can confirm though that the Reading forcefield is still well intact as well, you're not on your own

i honestly thought when i moved up here 6 years ago from the IOW that it could only be better! i'm wrong! hopefully, the troughs will form tomorrow and we'll be ok. it is an extraordinary thing, though. snow going north and south of us!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Snowing heavily in Cheltenham!! ;)

Posted
i honestly thought when i moved up here 6 years ago from the IOW that it could only be better! i'm wrong! hopefully, the troughs will form tomorrow and we'll be ok. it is an extraordinary thing, though. snow going north and south of us!

yep missing me by literally 5-7 miles - plenty ealrier on when I was over in Ascot, jack all here and the most annoying thing is the radar shows it over me and has been - yet I have nothing other than the lightest of sprinkles.

post-4710-1233535879_thumb.png

Edited by Reading FC

Posted

READING should be seeing some hefty snowfall sometime VERY soon from what it seems on the Netweather radar!! Bright echoes of yellows and reds! goodluck with it all lol, im jus on the brink of it and its all heading in a neatline very slightly south of here B)