Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

C Southern England is going to be hit by a blizzard of flurries amounting to 0.1cm ;);)

Posted
C Southern England is going to be hit by a blizzard of flurries amounting to 0.1cm ;);)

gavin p reckons we could be right in the firing line on monday evening for perhaps falls of up to 20cm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
gavin p reckons we could be right in the firing line on monday evening for perhaps falls of up to 20cm.

It wouldnt surprise me to see areas south of brum, such as the lickey hills getting a bucketful of snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Glad we have a thread!

Any views on Gloucestershire and the Cotswolds? Are we in with much of a chance?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Glad we have a thread!

Any views on Gloucestershire and the Cotswolds? Are we in with much of a chance?

Hello mate, well, from what I've been reading in the various threads this morning, then the feeling seems to be that the M5 corridor could be in for a bit of a pasting!

Posted
Glad we have a thread!

Having spent a lot of time in my youth in the cotswolds, ifeel that this will be like old times for you up there. Down in the vales, i think tuesday will be more in the way of sleet/ rain. I used to live in Stow on the wold and this area used to get plenty of snow during the eighties even when in cheltenham, Evesham and such places had little snow or no snow but rain. I wish for the next couple of days i was back their as i am sure you will get far more than we wil down here.

In a few days time i feel that most of the south will have had a couple of inches at best but as you go futher North there will have been a good covering with favoured spots, as already mentioned, will have upto 15cm. The interesting thing will be if the wind blows.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

What are the expected amounts for this area do people think? :)

Posted
What are the expected amounts for this area do people think? :)

During monday and particularly evening and over night, what you will get is snow and upto 10 cm. During tuesday, i feel it will depend more on how high your location is. Down at lower levels it may well turn to sleet and rain. I sooooooooooooooooooo hope that it doesn't but it is better to say what i think rater than hope!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
During monday and particularly evening and over night, what you will get is snow and upto 10 cm. During tuesday, i feel it will depend more on how high your location is. Down at lower levels it may well turn to sleet and rain. I sooooooooooooooooooo hope that it doesn't but it is better to say what i think rater than hope!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am above 100m (just) but if we get 10cm i would be over the moon! :)

The West Midlands, Wales, SW England and NW England and other Western areas do have the edge on this event becuase the mild sector will have more of an impact in the East. :o

Maybe just a bit of sleet and rain for a short time which shouldnt really affect accumulations. :)

Posted

Monday evening and overnight will be the one to watch for now with any certainty, bands of snow will cross the country from the east, and are infact more likely i would have thought to peak across central southern england and central midlands with a little overland convection available from the increasing solar strength during the day (allbeit still rather weak)

Tuesday could go down in the history books depending on what occurs with the warm sector. However, that will be uncertain until monday evening i feel.....by which point we should begin to see the snow being measured by the inch rather than the cm...

and no thats not due to an attack by an imperialist organisation

SK

Posted

Bournemouth needs a dump (of snow that is :) - first time I've put Bournemouth and dump in the same sentence, I never will again about the lovely place) because a cover is well overdue! I do have some pics from last April from Verwood when snow just about stuck around in the morning. I hope that all of East Dorset is all white come Tues!

Posted

The West Midlands, Wales, SW England and NW England and other Western areas do have the edge on this event becuase the mild sector will have more of an impact in the East. :o

Maybe just a bit of sleet and rain for a short time which shouldnt really affect accumulations. :)

Hope your right but feel that it will not just be the east that will be effected by the "milder air". Still, enjoy. As this does not happen very often any more.

Posted

Infact areas closest in proximity to the warm sector, without being directly inside it, are likely to recieve the heaviest precipitation

SK

Posted
Bournemouth needs a dump (of snow that is :) - first time I've put Bournemouth and dump in the same sentence, I never will again about the lovely place) because a cover is well overdue! I do have some pics from last April from Verwood when snow just about stuck around in the morning. I hope that all of East Dorset is all white come Tues!

I thought this thread was for us down south. Not for you northerners in Verwood! it would be lovely as the kids must be feed up of telling them what it used to be like and it would be nice for them to see some decent snow for themselves. Although a journey to Salsibury plain may be required.

Posted
Hope your right but feel that it will not just be the east that will be effected by the "milder air". Still, enjoy. As this does not happen very often any more.

Yeah i expect a little sleety mix for a time but the charts show the snow at its best and longest for Western parts and reasserting itself quickly after some sleet.

Posted
I thought this thread was for us down south. Not for you northerners in Verwood! it would be lovely as the kids must be feed up of telling them what it used to be like and it would be nice for them to see some decent snow for themselves. Although a journey to Salsibury plain may be required.

Haha shocker! :o 12 miles outside and it's up north! I'm in Nottingham at the moment anyway, but family and friends are still there! But I'm sure you Hampshire folk in Bournemouth might see a flake or 2 on the wind (like I did on my driving test last January)! :)

Posted

For C Southern England... Talk about opitimisic? But I'll go for it.

As a previous post said, blizzards with drifts upto 0.1cm.....

This is going to miss us once again.

Posted

I don't understand the fuss, if anywhere got more than 2cm's id be shcoked. GFS shows very small amounts of precipitaion for anything disruptive. Unless someone can explain?

Posted
Haha shocker! :o 12 miles outside and it's up north! I'm in Nottingham at the moment anyway, but family and friends are still there! But I'm sure you Hampshire folk in Bournemouth might see a flake or 2 on the wind (like I did on my driving test last January)! :)

Hampshire!!!!!!!!!!!!! DORSET. I would stay there for a few days. Better snow potential for sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Right ready boys and girls. If you look at the fax chart for Monday ,youll see ive highlighted in red the 528 dam which is the general consensus for snow at sea level, [the whole of the uk is under that!] the lines in blue are bands of snow showers which could well give a good covering to many places later on Monday and any accumulations will drift in that bitter east north east wind.post-6830-1233411661_thumb.png The real fun and games start in the early hours of Tuesday morning with that low moving slowly north , you,ll notice with this second chart we are still under that 528 dam line ,and the area in Blue is where I expect the heaviest of the snow, perhaps up to 12 inches in some favoured spots with drifting as well. It all depends how far north and how fast that low pushes its fronts across our area. There is potential for severe wintry weather in these synoptics but the devil will be in the detail, last minute changes can make a massive difference. Thats my thoughts at the moment....post-6830-1233412142_thumb.png :) :o :):)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
C Southern England is going to be hit by a blizzard of flurries amounting to 0.1cm :);)

Well brother has kindly arranged his engagement party tonight near Silver hill 350ft + East Sussex will be interesting to see what happens when driving home tomorrow to North Oxfordshire. Maybe 0.2cm :)

I was out in Alaska and they were getting so **** off with clearing their driveways in late march of the snow (it had arrived later and heavier) that I thought it was funny.

I think its the fun that it is rare for snow (at least down south I include the midlands) that these events are a bit like I guess what storm chasers feel when they see a big one

Yes I am one of those that would be looking at lamp posts at 4am see if there is flakes of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Wow that's looking great for me on the Staffordshire/North Warwickshire border. Thanks for posting that Anyweather.

Can't believe we're really here and it looks like it's actually going to happen this time. Roll on Monday - I can't wait.