Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
so how much would fall by the licky hills as isnt that classed as higher ground

cher

x

cher....no one knows for dead cert what anyone will get...BUT we are favoured greatly

the begining of the snow over Germany slowly pushing West

Edited by dogs32

Posted
cher....no one knows for dead cert what anyone will get...

the begining of the snow over Germany slowly pushing West

Thank you dogs32 for replying ,it is just a case of waiting now omg im so excited im like a kid at xmas lololololol :D:D

Posted
Thank you dogs32 for replying ,it is just a case of waiting now omg im so excited im like a kid at xmas lololololol :D:D

lol..you just read my mind..Havent felt this good since I won the Lottery :D

Truly the last I heard was it could be mega...but that was 4hrs ago and things can change

Edited by dogs32

Posted

post-6740-1233418110_thumb.png

post-6740-1233418117_thumb.png

Ive seen worse charts to be fair. It wouldnt take much of an upgrade to give us something memorable.

Posted
lol..you just read my mind..Havent felt this good since I won the Lottery :D

Truly the last I heard was it could be mega...but that was 4hrs ago and things can change

And it has!!...if you believe the 12z GFS. Looks v.marginal now for our neck of the woods and only a 1-day affair :D

Posted
post-6740-1233418110_thumb.png

post-6740-1233418117_thumb.png

Ive seen worse charts to be fair. It wouldnt take much of an upgrade to give us something memorable.

any chance of that warm sector pivoting and going North..havent been watching the modules I LEFT on a good mood

Posted
IMO the mild sector is a little over exaggerated in that last run

I hope your right, we need it to stay as far east as possible, i dont think we will really be sure till tomorrow evening. If it looks the same at 10 tomorrow then for most of us it will be snow for a few hours, followed bt heavy snow for about an hour or 2 before a rapid thaw sets in.

Posted
IMO the mild sector is a little over exaggerated in that last run

Lets hope the Ecm as a different approach....I dont have a lot of faith in this GFS module runs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Evening my fellow midlanders, not long to go now! The midlands SHOULD do well from this on Monday, West Midlands should do very well, anywhere from say Birmingham Westwards should do brilliantly. My location of Leicester MAY do well but that milder sector is coming very very close and with me being at 80m ASL it may turn it all to rain and sleet and a slushy mess. I hope luck is on our side.

Posted
Evening my fellow midlanders, not long to go now! The midlands SHOULD do well from this on Monday, West Midlands should do very well, anywhere from say Birmingham Westwards should do brilliantly. My location of Leicester MAY do well but that milder sector is coming very very close and with me being at 80m ASL it may turn it all to rain and sleet and a slushy mess. I hope luck is on our side.

So Birmingham could do well in this, hmmmm. Tbh i have little hope with due to the past hypes and no deliveries. if i get 2cm it will be good enough.

Posted

Hey andy how do you think the west country will do? West of birmingham which is good news but were not too far south are we?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

ECM out and oh my god :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: its a cracker

Posted
So Birmingham could do well in this, hmmmm. Tbh i have little hope with due to the past hypes and no deliveries. if i get 2cm it will be good enough.

I think Brum will do awesome from this on Monday, 5cm+ is my prediction.

Posted
I think Brum will do awesome from this on Monday, 5cm+ is my prediction.

Hiya andy you have been missed my friend now you have to do the all nighter tomorrow have the drinks and snacks ready for us coutesy of hubby lol

speak soon

cher

xxx

Posted
lets hope you're right. the precipitation levels say otherwise i feel.

You sure? :lol:

prectypeuktopo.png

Hiya andy you have been missed my friend now you have to do the all nighter tomorrow have the drinks and snacks ready for us coutesy of hubby lol

speak soon

cher

xxx

Hey Cher :) Thanks for the message by the way, glad to see you are getting excited, I am getting excited too! :lol: Thats good of hubby to do that, he knows the reccomendations needed for an all night snow event :lol: :cold:

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

looking fantastic, bbc have snow starting around 3pm tomorrow, maybe easing off sunday evening, but sunday night all through monday look frequent snow showers, then tuesday looking fantastic (apart from on gfs) meto upgraded NW midlands snow, we are orange mon and tue, and red on metcheck, i am excited now

still does look like turning drizzly on tuesday evening

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Right ready boys and girls. If you look at the fax chart for Monday ,youll see ive highlighted in red the 528 dam which is the general consensus for snow at sea level, [the whole of the uk is under that!] the lines in blue are bands of snow showers which could well give a good covering to many places later on Monday and any accumulations will drift in that bitter east north east wind.post-6830-1233411661_thumb.png The real fun and games start in the early hours of Tuesday morning with that low moving slowly north , you,ll notice with this second chart we are still under that 528 dam line ,and the area in Blue is where I expect the heaviest of the snow, perhaps up to 12 inches in some favoured spots with drifting as well. It all depends how far north and how fast that low pushes its fronts across our area. There is potential for severe wintry weather in these synoptics but the devil will be in the detail, last minute changes can make a massive difference. Thats my thoughts at the moment....post-6830-1233412142_thumb.png :lol: :lol: :cold: :lol:

i hope that (blue) thingy is right lol

Posted
looking fantastic, bbc have snow starting around 3pm tomorrow, maybe easing off sunday evening, but sunday night all through monday look frequent snow showers, then tuesday looking fantastic (apart from on gfs) meto upgraded NW midlands snow, we are orange mon and tue, and red on metcheck, i am excited now

still does look like turning drizzly on tuesday evening

showers could be hit and miss with some localised areas getting a decent dusting tommorow. Monday evening into tuesday is my main worry if GFS is right, quite baffled though. Otherwise a big smile on my face in 60 hours time :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

I really cant wait to see what happens tomorrow.

The NW homepage has gloucester for 100% chance of snow.. Not seen that before!

Its worse than waiting for xmas as a kid!

:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Precipitation is really pepped up on the 12z GFS for the Midlands but it's oh so borderline with the chances of it being sleet/rain much higher as the precipitation really beefs up. Still, the best snowfalls always seem to come from these knife-edge situations. Hope we're the right side of it and we see loads of the white stuff. I've now got a garden with a great incline and I want to go sledging down the path - must find some really soft for the bottom though so we're not crashing at speed into the fence.