Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
OOh yes A34 and M40 would be a treat heh..lets hope yes day off. I have been meaning to get a camera for ages. think id better get one asap today! doesnt matter which type now!! ..back to snow has the wind picked up in Oxf aswell...or is it just me? ...ooh and while writing this the snizzle is now more like snow flurries..

Good I wasnt hearing things..yes think you will be in for some grains as well soon I hope... :rolleyes:

Yes wind is very gusty here, it actually woke me up. Some larger flakes at times too.

Posted

I can confirm snow grains are blowing in the wind in Witney.

A surprise to say the least. Have now been tasked in trying to find the kids sledge!

Edited by da_bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
OOh yes A34 and M40 would be a treat heh..lets hope yes day off. I have been meaning to get a camera for ages. think id better get one asap today! doesnt matter which type now!! ..back to snow has the wind picked up in Oxf aswell...or is it just me? ...ooh and while writing this the snizzle is now more like snow flurries..

Good I wasnt hearing things..yes think you will be in for some grains as well soon I hope... :)

cheltnham have light grains/flakes, yet me who is slightly further east and south have nothing at the mo :rolleyes:

Posted

As I live on the east coast at Harwich I thought it would be fair to report to others that snow has just started here, just light and possibly a shower. Air temp has just fallen from 1.5c to 0c in 15 minutes

Posted

I can also report light snow grains/flurries blowing around in the bitterly cold breeze :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
As I live on the east coast at Harwich I thought it would be fair to report to others that snow has just started here, just light and possibly a shower. Air temp has just fallen from 1.5c to 0c in 15 minutes

Hi fathero2. Thanks and Welcome to Netweather - i see your first post... You have joined I feel at an optimum time!....Enjoy! :)

Posted

The ppn on the radar has come in at the perfect place for leicestershire . I know my own situation really well in leicester and we could well have a covering by lunchtime. This is an amazingly unstable airflow as if you watch the radar, ppn is just appearing out of nowhere . The snow showers are also popping up much further inland than I thought at this stage . I wish that low for tomorrow would clear off , Leicester can do perfectly well in this situation without it.

Edited by snowmadchrisuk

Posted
I can confirm snow grains are blowing in the wind in Witney.

A surprise to say the least. Have now been tasked in trying to find the kids sledge!

...it may then have to be the tin tray from B and Q if no luck? ...Alot more windier here now and I dont tink there is any snizzle anymore - I must go and check some sites of the speeds etc...wonder if the south coast it has picked up?

Posted

welcome to the forum and netweather ,you are for a rollercoster of a ride at the moment so hold on lol, could you put where you are from in your avatar please makes things easier for us

cher

x

and on a second note never seen my humidity so low its reading at 68% temps 0oc

we also have very fine snow falling and i mean very fine

:):)

Edited by toonarmy32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Snow flurries here too. Has anyone looked at the BBC Maps though- Shows at least 9 hours of snow tomorrow night for us and the East! :D

Posted
I cant measure the wind speeds but I know they have picked up the gusts are now bending the trees woohooooooooooo bring it on im so excited

cher

x

yeah i cant but I checked the thatcham weather station and it does appear to have increased. It also identifies the temperature as uncomfortably cold! Uk wind map shows north easterley to easterly winds ...perfect.

Posted

Can anyone with more knowledge than I please tell me if it may snow here in snowless Bournemouth had so many disappointments in past.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I have to drive to collect my daughter from near Tamworth this afternoon.

My understanding had been snow would not start to fall until this evening, am I likely to see showers this afternoon on my drive?

If so, enough to give a covering? Or nothing to worry about?

I've noticed precipitiation heading inland already...

Posted
Snow flurries here too. Has anyone looked at the BBC Maps though- Shows at least 9 hours of snow tomorrow night for us and the East! :D

it is this Map I like! ....hope this works - this is 1500 hours Monday....

post-2094-1233485705_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The heaviest of the Showers near the East Coast are coming this way on the radar. :lol:

Posted
yeah i cant but I checked the thatcham weather station and it does appear to have increased. It also identifies the temperature as uncomfortably cold! Uk wind map shows north easterley to easterly winds ...perfect.

<<<<<<<<<<<< doing a snow jig :(

is that why my humidity has fallen to 65% or do I need a new weather station :lol:

temp is still 0oc

and loving every minute

cher

x

Posted

Just been outside to fed the birds my bacon scraps :lol: Small grains of snow blowing about, very raw wind too.

Posted
Can anyone with more knowledge than I please tell me if it may snow here in snowless Bournemouth had so many disappointments in past.

I don't think I necessarily have more knowledge than you, but have been looking at charts and reading forums with intense interest this winter. I really think its coming and we will see a covering. Fingers crossed. I don't start work till 2pm tomorrow so may well be up late tonight and will post if it starts snowing in the night at the mighty Locks Heath!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Fatherof2, the best snowfun I ever had was in Dovercourt, spending Xmas with my grandparents in the 70s/80s. 2 foot!!! Never see anything like that down here.

Kate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Looking at this, it looks like the showers are packing in pretty quick!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

snowing lightly here frome somerset :):) temp is 1.0 wind is bloody freezing really gusty!!!!!