Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

Personally I'm watching the main event coming in on the Monday, for most of this region thats where the main snowfall is going to come from though I certainly wouldn't rule out some snow showers reaching this far inland given the instablity.

Hard to really making a judgement on the snowfalls that can be expected but 3-6cms seem reasonable before the air starts to mix out and become very marginal indeed...this probably is true of many parts of England.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Cheers, you too, dogs! Snowking has made me feel guilty that I haven't done any work yet this weekend - I'll be reading the reports all tomorrow!

Kate (not sure if she owns a pair of gloves anymore!)

Posted
I'll be following you!

I'm doing S-O-A to North Warks tomorrow, then back.

Then Monday will be heading to Cov and Nuneaton and then back to S-O-A

Knowing how badly the west mids/warks areas cope with snow, I am hoping enough falls on Sunday night to justify not travelling on Monday!

Don't try coming my way - you'll never get up Sun Rise Hill !! Even the gritters don't bother.

Posted

the wind has sure picked up during the night, stil -0.5 but it feels bitter out there.

count down has now started ......................................................bring on the snowwwwwwwwwww

cher

x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Loving the sound of this South West forecast:

"Monday:

Raw northeasterly-winds will bring sunshine and snow-showers, though Cornwall may stay largely dry. More persistent snow arriving in the east by evening with some large falls possible over the Cotswolds. Maximum temperature 2 °C."

PS. Technically I'm in the South West but I think of myself more as the Midlands, after all Worcs is only 10 miles away! Quite nice really because I can choose the most favoured forecast region :):)

Posted
Loving the sound of this South West forecast:

"Monday:

Raw northeasterly-winds will bring sunshine and snow-showers, though Cornwall may stay largely dry. More persistent snow arriving in the east by evening with some large falls possible over the Cotswolds. Maximum temperature 2 °C."

PS. Technically I'm in the South West but I think of myself more as the Midlands, after all Worcs is only 10 miles away! Quite nice really because I can choose the most favoured forecast region :):)

lol what you like you are midlands , anyway we ere suppose to do well out this now did you read the main thread

cher

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

bah wrong region lolz :)

Edited by neilsouth

Posted
Stand by your lamposts !!!

Light snow here in Coventry............can't beat a 500w security light, far superior to a lampost.

Cheers

Kev

you have snow now ????????????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

still looks great for here, should start seeing snow later today, mild sector much less, but tuesday now seems to be looking dry and sunny

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Got the odd flake blowing in the wind here.

Posted

The others of you in cheltenham stick your heads out the window and you should find a nice suprise

VERY light snizzle here, flakes are that small you cant see them through a window (at least not mine because someone doesnt clean them :) )

1.2c with dew of -4

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow
The others of you in cheltenham stick your heads out the window and you should find a nice suprise

VERY light snizzle here, flakes are that small you cant see them through a window (at least not mine because someone doesnt clean them :good: )

1.2c with dew of -4

SK

Thanks for the info, I can confirm extremely light ppt, with a fresh easterly breeze. Not possible to see whether it's actually snow or just drizzle.

Posted

Yep james i can confirm to you its snow here too fella

The flakes are picking up in size from time to time to give light snow flurries i think we can class them as now :D

Ive also been doing a bit of geography (scary stuff) and although we of course have the huge land mass, the best direction for snow from here is either E or SE....the reason being the cotswolds shelter us from the S and W, and the welsh mountains cover most of the stuff to our north

If we see that band tomorrow making it at least 20 miles to our west then some rather large totals are on the horizon i feel

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
Definatly light snow flurries in Oxford, not drizzle :-)

never sure if Newbury is still south central but then I like to think I am as only up until recently an oxford girl..same with us though Jimblob, we have very light snow here...snizzle....

Posted

wow, some of you already seeing nizzle snizzle. Can only be good news.

You can see light showers pepping in the radar too :D

EDIT: just spotted the odd snizzle heere. yaaaaaay!

Edited by ISAAC

Posted

hey has anyone had the wind pick up recently ...or gust abit more?...it was all quiet just now and then a few gusts? ..quiet again ....

but with it slightly larger snizzle...so must be a good.thing. :rolleyes:

Edited by Polar Bear

Posted
never sure if Newbury is still south central but then I like to think I am as only up until recently an oxford girl..same with us though Jimblob, we have very light snow here...snizzle....

Would have thought Newbury is still C sthrn and as you say Oxford is only 30 minutes away. It's going to be tasty on the A34 and M40 in the morning I think. Iv'e got to try and get to work at Heathrow tomorrow, although hoping I can just take the day off and go down by the Thames with me camera

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
hey has anyone had the wind pick up recently ...or gust abit more?...it was all quiet just now and then a few gusts? ..quiet again

i noticed it too, i live in somerset on the west wilts boarder and it was only breath of wind up 9.30 now it getting gusty, bitter wind!! no snow yet, may get afew grains later :rolleyes:

Posted
Would have thought Newbury is still C sthrn and as you say Oxford is only 30 minutes away. It's going to be tasty on the A34 and M40 in the morning I think. Iv'e got to try and get to work at Heathrow tomorrow, although hoping I can just take the day off and go down by the Thames with me camera

OOh yes A34 and M40 would be a treat heh..lets hope yes day off. I have been meaning to get a camera for ages. think id better get one asap today! doesnt matter which type now!! ..back to snow has the wind picked up in Oxf aswell...or is it just me? ...ooh and while writing this the snizzle is now more like snow flurries..

i noticed it too, i live in somerset on the west wilts boarder and it was only breath of wind up 9.30 now it getting gusty, bitter wind!! no snow yet, may get afew grains later :rolleyes:

Good I wasnt hearing things..yes think you will be in for some grains as well soon I hope... :)