Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

First 20 years of my life in Gloucester, remember how agonising snow forecast was a kid! All the real snow seemed to fall on the surrounding hills - best memories are from early 80's. I now live near centre of Stroud, which seems to generate its own warm micro-climate probable due to amount of buildings in small valley, however am in walking distance of higher hills!

I work mostly outside and to be honest it has felt like snow for about 3 days now - can't back that up with any science, just a feeling even though it has been a little too warm. Can't wait for tomorrow evening onwards, am like the 8 year old in Glos again! Hope we all get some, more than 3 inches would seem a bit more like real snow for once... Good luck!

Posted

Can't wait either. I'm on the start of the hills going up into the Cotswolds and we usually do quite well from any snowfall. Last time we had proper snow was back in December 2000! Ever since then it has just been dustings that all melted by the afternoon.

Wonder how many schools are going to be closed? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I think places West of Birmingham are certainly in business over the next couple of days! The East will do very well too with their only problem is that nagging mild sector!

Could be some very decent accumulations so stay safe people because no doubt the roads and transport system will be paralysed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

I'm also looking forward to this a lot!!

Even if it turns to rain, it could well be snow on the hills; a couple of years ago it was more marginal that this is forecast to be - a two inch covering in Cheltenham which melted the following day, but on Cleeve Hill it stayed as snow and there was about 8-9 inches!

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/galleryuplo..._352_659540.jpg

Edited by 03jtrickey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
im 30 miles NNW of birmingham, that damn mild sector is over me

Out of the West Midlands Region on Monday Night/Tuesday it is Herefordshire, Southern Part of West Midlands county, South Shropshire and Worcestershire that keeps onto the cold best i think along with South and Central Wales and SW England. :)

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Hey guys

has a fellow Brummie now living in Newcastle

i have some news for you

Im just looking at the SUNDAY MERCURY [ONLINE] One newspaper i used to love reading when i lived down there ,now its reading the paper on line

anyway here is your forecast

SUNDAY SUNNY INTERVALS WITH VARIABLE CLOUD COVER HIGH 3C MIN -6C

MONDAY CLOUDY WITH SNOW HEAVY AT TIMES HIGH 3C LOW -1C

TUESDAY CLOUDY WITH SNOW HEAVY AT TIMES HIGH 3C LOW -2C

NIGEL

NEWCASTLE

Hey guys

i have some news for you

Im just looking at the SUNDAY MERCURY [ONLINE] One newspaper i used to love reading when i lived down there ,now its reading the paper on line

NIGEL

NEWCASTLE

CHECK

http://sundaymercury.net/weather/

nigel

Posted
Out of the West Midlands Region on Monday Night/Tuesday it is Herefordshire, Southern Part of West Midlands county, South Shropshire and Worcestershire that keeps onto the cold best i think along with South and Central Wales and SW England. :)

Very interesting. :) (although I doubt i'm included in that but we still have chance for change) I notice that thursday also looks quite interesting for some snow. BBC have light snow thursday for Birmingham.

Posted
Very interesting. :) (although I doubt i'm included in that but we still have chance for change) I notice that thursday also looks quite interesting for some snow. BBC have light snow thursday for Birmingham.

I would say a plenty of snow for Birmingham too.

Here is my forecast for the West Midlands Region:

Sunday: Afternoon Snow Flurries perhaps turning to Showers of Light Snow

Sunday Night: Frequent Snow Showers-perhaps longer spells of Snow at times-Upto 2cm covering

Monday: Frequent Heavy Snow Showers-Longer Spells of Snow quite Possible-upto 5cm covering

Monday Night: Heavy Snow with the longest of it West of Birmingham-Drifting possible. Perhaps turning a bit Sleety for a time later but more especially to the East of Birmingham-Upto 10cm Covering

Tuesday: Perhaps More Snow

Posted

Yes I'll be the first one on cleeve hill nextweek like a raving lunatic with the dog if we get that much, late jan 2005 I took a trip up there and remember snowdrifts of nearly 2 foot right on the sumit.

Posted
Hey guys

i have some news for you

NIGEL

NEWCASTLE

CHECK

http://sundaymercury.net/weather/

nigel

Certainly looks promising! Oh and 03Jtrickey that photo is so cool! I would never have guessed that pic was taken in the Midlands!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL! I just hope me being slightly NW of B'ham and at 560ft ASL,i get some decent snow! But i can't complain really, got a good covering from the last cold spell!

Posted

ohhhhhhhhhh I cant wait now hubby said I will sleep through the whole event as im like a coil spring and I will be to tired to see it lol yeah right.

But I live right by the licky hills so I think a good 10 cms on there on monday ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it seems like its taking forever to get here now 15hrs and counting :D:D:cold::D:p:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

Don't know if this is a dream come true or my worst nightmare. I have to travel from Middle Wallop in Hampshire to the NEC tomorrow morning, then to Stratford upon Avon Sunday night returning to the NEC Monday morning then back to the Wallops Monday night. Chances of doing that lot without disruption anyone?

btw love the snooooooow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!
Don't know if this is a dream come true or my worst nightmare. I have to travel from Middle Wallop in Hampshire to the NEC tomorrow morning, then to Stratford upon Avon Sunday night returning to the NEC Monday morning then back to the Wallops Monday night. Chances of doing that lot without disruption anyone?

btw love the snooooooow

Wallop, that is either really bad luck (if it's really necessary; it will be hell) or really good luck (if you can call it off; you don't need to feel guilty).

I'm hoping to avoid driving to Salisbury on Monday morning, however the ground must be a little white to justify "working from home" (ie, taking the dog for lots of walks!)

Either way, Ma-In-Law has banned us from visiting her (down the road in Fareham!) so that's a result!

Kate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

I bet there will be loads of schools off? My kids are looking forward to a snow day. I am more excited than them though. When I was at school in the 80s our school was still on in deep snow! Now a dusting is enough for a school to shut down! Why?

Posted

Lol a flake kills the whole transport system for anywhere in the South of the UK.

Posted
Lol a flake kills the whole transport system for anywhere in the South of the UK.

Get it right you mean a flake mixed in with rain!

Posted
Get it right you mean a flake mixed in with rain!

Actually just a drop of rain only kills the system. :)

Posted
Actually just a drop of rain only kills the system. :)

My kids Primary School said they would close the school even if the forcast was bad! I couldn't belive it! SO the school might be shut and nothing may not even happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the world coming to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

btw love the snooooooow

I'll be following you!

I'm doing S-O-A to North Warks tomorrow, then back.

Then Monday will be heading to Cov and Nuneaton and then back to S-O-A

Knowing how badly the west mids/warks areas cope with snow, I am hoping enough falls on Sunday night to justify not travelling on Monday!

Posted

well i ahve still great hopes for here....The trough over the North of France will pep up as it moves North...

Not convinced about this warm sector also...

The other runs are more positive....Also later in the week we might get another plunge in to colder weather yet again..

To far out at this point ...Cant wait for tomorrows runs...and the great Peter Gibbs and Francias

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Walsall could do well from this then, west of Birmingham and all that lol. I know nothing as u can tell. xx

Posted

Cant wait until tomorrow!

Sunday 1st February already! Its going too quick! :blush:

Posted
Yes I'll be the first one on cleeve hill nextweek like a raving lunatic with the dog if we get that much, late jan 2005 I took a trip up there and remember snowdrifts of nearly 2 foot right on the sumit.

Not if i get there first :blush:

I have a bucket load of audio to edit before wednesday, im going to have to try and get it all done monday afternoon somehow between house hunting and fixing the studio i think. Certainly looks as though tuesday morning will be the time to get up there, although perhaps even monday evening if i can hitch a lift off somebody

Ill certainly be getting the new batteries out for the camera

SK