Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
Nice, says it will hit us around 3am, looks to be moving quicker than that but I am not going to argue with that, im not staying up until then! :lol:

May all depend on the next radar image to whether I am confident or not, right now im reasonably confident though. Could drop maybe 1cm or 2?

Yee the next radar should give some good indication of its movement, i'm not going to take that predicted radar as gospel because it showed those showers missing us completly earlier, but it now looks as if they could get to us, so still some hope for us.

ye 2-4cm would be possible i think :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Nice, says it will hit us around 3am, looks to be moving quicker than that but I am not going to argue with that, im not staying up until then! :lol:

May all depend on the next radar image to whether I am confident or not, right now im reasonably confident though. Could drop maybe 1cm or 2?

EDIT: There may also be something hitting us at 5:15 according to that?! Maybe thats just abit far south though.

Sorry mate but take no notice of the predicted radar, it is never right for some reason. The best hope the West Midlands have of seeing some snow showers tonight is from that line near the Wash. I'll take a screenshot of the Net Weather radar and show you which ones I mean.

Sorry mate but take no notice of the predicted radar, it is never right for some reason. The best hope the West Midlands have of seeing some snow showers tonight is from that line near the Wash. I'll take a screenshot of the Net Weather radar and show you which ones I mean.

Here is the way the showers will go...

post-2115-1233538852_thumb.jpg

Posted

The 1:30 radar shows movement again southwards.

May be moving abit quickly though to hit Walsall I think.. :lol:

Thanks Andy, yeh, looks like they may hit us but I am still hoping the other radar will be right ;)

Edited by WestMidlandsWeather

Posted
The 1:30 radar shows movement again southwards.

May be moving abit quickly though to hit Walsall I think.. :lol:

Thanks Andy, yeh, looks like they may hit us but I am still hoping the other radar will be right ;)

Honestly, I don't want to disapoint you but if you monitor the progress of that band of snow in the North on each radar update for the next half an hour I will garauntee you that it won't go in the direction that the radar prediction says it will. I have the N-W radar and it updates every 5 minutes and the Showers are moving Westerwards, A few have gone to the North of me by about 10 Miles and I am 40 Miles North east of you.

Posted

Oh this really is killing me :lol: , inches of snow in the SE and reports of thundersnow and blizzard like conditions aswel.

Edited by tom_f123

Posted
Oh this really is killing me :lol: , inches of snow in the SE and reports of thundersnow and blizzard like conditions aswel.

Trust me I feel your pain, i'm gutted aswell.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
Logic dictates that we should be in the firing line. The showers are developing into lines aka 'streamers' heading slightly SW of W. If you look at the position of the northernmost streamer in the SE corner of the UK and follow its SW of W track it should hit this area. But something will go wrong to defy the logic - it always does as far as showers are concerned.

Surely to God you have at least a dusting?

regards

ACB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Yippeeeeee its snowing here again and its -3C so every little bit is sticking around ;)

Looking forward to a possible day off :lol:

Posted
Honestly, I don't want to disapoint you but if you monitor the progress of that band of snow in the North on each radar update for the next half an hour I will garauntee you that it won't go in the direction that the radar prediction says it will. I have the N-W radar and it updates every 5 minutes and the Showers are moving Westerwards, A few have gone to the North of me by about 10 Miles and I am 40 Miles North east of you.

;)

I just want it to be snowing with a good covering when I wake up tomorrow morning :lol:

Posted

I cant make up my mind if the showers in the south are moving Westwards or slightly SW? What you recon?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!
Trust me I feel your pain, i'm gutted aswell.

Andy mate, we will get some good snow tomorrow! No doubt about it mate. Do not worry.

Posted
I cant make up my mind if the showers in the south are moving Westwards or slightly SW? What you recon?

I would say W/WSW. So not directly West but the slightest movement of South West in them, it's mostly Westwards though.

Posted
Andy mate, we will get some good snow tomorrow! No doubt about it mate. Do not worry.

Bloody hope so,I give up with radars! They are all different :help:

Ill just sit back and let the weather work its magic and whatever will be will be.

UP THE SADDLERS :)

Posted
Im off to bed fellow Midlanders :)

Cant bare it anymore, I may be disapointed and Ill be peed off due to no sleep :help:

Hope we get much snow during the night!

The main band of snow isn't expected to be here till tomorrow afternoon though so all is not lost yet.

Posted

Cant bare it anymore, I may be disapointed and Ill be peed off due to no sleep :help:

Night mate, hopefully we will get our fair share tommorow! *fingers crossed*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

Hopefully you will wake to a nice surprise!

Posted

Hit the jackpot here in terms of CS I suspect, snow for the last 2 hours in a localised streamer event probably no more then 10-15 miles wide. Currently have an inch and a half and snowfall still coming down pretty heavy, I did NOT expect this at all.

Anyway going to make a new thread now.