Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

If this next snow event does come off in the south and east of the UK, what time of day/night is the potential for travel disruption? I am asking on a perfectly selfish point of view - it would be my worst nightmare to have been stuck at work yesterday unable to get home.

Posted
well the BBC and ITV news are cheeky sods in these setups. my bet is that BBC on sky will go as far as say Thursday at the most. And then hint that snow may be on the way. This winter has been fantastic IMO, best for years. I wouldn't say the snow didnt deliver for Suffolk yesterday because to be fair to get 4 inches in snow is alot by the UK standards. It only seemed like we'd been left out when places like Surrey got 12-15 inches which is a mamouth amount. I'm watching friday with one eye open. I think if it comes off and then thats it for the winter, we can all, minus a few people, be very happy with what we've received tbh :huh:

Think yourself very lucky stormtracker us down in the far southeast of kent got the some total of 2.5cm and that came monday afternoon for about 2 1/2hrs and at 4pm had finished. Whicvh after all the hype was terrible!!!!!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
Think yourself very lucky stormtracker us down in the far southeast of kent got the some total of 2.5cm and that came monday afternoon for about 2 1/2hrs and at 4pm had finished. Whicvh after all the hype was terrible!!!!!

And i got less than you , all this talk of the estuary streamer sounded like the whole of kent was going to be blatted..... The EXTREME weather event turned out to be a damp squip most areas of kent , not including north west kent

Posted
If this next snow event does come off in the south and east of the UK, what time of day/night is the potential for travel disruption? I am asking on a perfectly selfish point of view - it would be my worst nightmare to have been stuck at work yesterday unable to get home.

Haven't your 'firm' got plenty of beds for the night then LeeAnne?! I suspect you will be on your way home when any disruptive weather really starts.

Posted

Hmmm...

Now you guys have got me worried, I had to drive up from Bordeaux on Monday because my flight to Stansted was cancelled, now it looks like I may not be able to drive back to Bordeaux on Friday...

How much effect is this event on Thursday and Friday going to have on northern France, at the moment they are just showing rain on the Europeans...

Cheers

FC

Posted

Good question as I want to get to the airport on Thursday morning and take off!

Callie :huh:

Posted
Heavy Snow & Drifting Snow Fri 6 Feb

HOWS THAT FOR A RAMPEDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :huh:

Paul S

I will give you a 9+ for that ramp Paul. Coast is always a bit mean.

It does look good for another blast if it all comes off. Maybe better than the 3 cm I scraped from the last one.

Looking at the 7 days forecast even through the weekend looks promising.

Edited by Greyowl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!
And i got less than you , all this talk of the estuary streamer sounded like the whole of kent was going to be blatted..... The EXTREME weather event turned out to be a damp squip most areas of kent , not including north west kent

..........................yeah, and because the London area ground to a halt - it's still on the bloody news!!! :doh:

Posted

Afternoon all well what a amazeing 48 hours off weather i have seen here in surrey had over 35cms off snow fall over the whole event well over a foot and hardley a thaw here my back garden has become a ice rink and even the pond is partley frozen over. now some off you may have heard off my mate who does the griting in these events and i was keeping you all informed off whats to be expected from there side updates ect and he was spot on. He poped round again today for a cup off tea and said early on in the morning the gritters have had another meeting regarding thursday right through to next week yes more snow he went into detail to say south east and southern england are going to bear the brunt off it again with the same amounts that we have seen very likeley. He then said it could get a hell off alot worse next week and beyond early signs say. but confidence is moderate at the moment but i will keep you all updated through the week. By the way i need to get a little help off my sister not to sure how to post these pics but got around 20 and will upload them as soon as i can. Take care all :doh:

Posted
I will give you a 9+ for that ramp Paul. Coast is always a bit mean.

It does look good for another blast if it all comes off. Maybe better than the 3 cm I scraped from the last one.

Looking at the 7 days forecast even through the weekend looks promising.

:D Actually on Closer Inspection I can see why Coast only gave me a 9, take a closer look at the Meto Advisories for Thurs and Friday, Now the UKMO are saying that the Warm Front when It pushes North on Thursday will solely be Snow (And not like I think Rain/Sleet) Before Colliding with the Occluded Front coming down from the North somewhere in the Midlands before the whole lot (Still Snow) then pushes SE On Friday - I think Coast needs to give the Meto a firm 10 out of 10 :( For their ramp into this event. So effectively they are saying 2-5cm or 5-10cm locally as the Warm front pushes North on Thursday before possibly 25cm further as the whole lot then comes back down from the North :doh::( Cant see that happening myself but they must obviously have different data to us mere mortals.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
i have to say the attention being placed on the snow by all news networks is becoming ridiculous. there are other things going on in the world. it's as if it hasnt snowed in london before.

....and the trouble is that now the entire media will taked the slightest hint of more snow to come as a god damn irreversible fact that needs to be hyped up to the max. Even to the extent that if it doesn't come off, people will blame the Met Office for their rubbish forecasting, assuming that what they read in the papers and heard on the news was what they actually said... :doh: .

Posted

Afternoon all well what a amazeing 48 hours off weather i have seen here in surrey had over 35cms off snow fall over the whole event well over a foot and hardley a thaw here my back garden has become a ice rink and even the pond is partley frozen over. now some off you may have heard off my mate who does the griting in these events and i was keeping you all informed off whats to be expected from there side updates ect and he was spot on. He poped round again today for a cup off tea and said early on in the morning the gritters have had another meeting regarding thursday right through to next week yes more snow he went into detail to say south east and southern england are going to bear the brunt off it again with the same amounts that we have seen very likeley. He then said it could get a hell off alot worse next week and beyond early signs say. but confidence is moderate at the moment but i will keep you all updated through the week. By the way i need to get a little help off my sister not to sure how to post these pics but got around 20 and will upload them as soon as i can. Take care all :doh:

Posted
Stop it, you tease! What can you be talking about?

Lol

I would Pm Glacier Point (Stewart) about the prospects, make sure you are sitting down when he replies to you :doh::D

Posted

I might be able to steal the title of most (CURRENT)) lying snow/drifts from south east, 28cm lying this morning on Leeds and bradford airpot runway!! 50CM+ DRIFTS!!

Posted
:lol: Actually on Closer Inspection I can see why Coast only gave me a 9, take a closer look at the Meto Advisories for Thurs and Friday, Now the UKMO are saying that the Warm Front when It pushes North on Thursday will solely be Snow (And not like I think Rain/Sleet) Before Colliding with the Occluded Front coming down from the North somewhere in the Midlands before the whole lot (Still Snow) then pushes SE On Friday - I think Coast needs to give the Meto a firm 10 out of 10 :good: For their ramp into this event. So effectively they are saying 2-5cm or 5-10cm locally as the Warm front pushes North on Thursday before possibly 25cm further as the whole lot then comes back down from the North :help::shok: Cant see that happening myself but they must obviously have different data to us mere mortals.

Paul S

However, the METO are going with the new BBC graphics - rain spreading north and turning to snow for the SE summary, yet for E Anglia it says snow spreading north. :doh:

Posted

I like the fact that the gritter man is providing us the latest updates on weather.

Afternoon all well what a amazeing 48 hours off weather i have seen here in surrey had over 35cms off snow fall over the whole event well over a foot and hardley a thaw here my back garden has become a ice rink and even the pond is partley frozen over. now some off you may have heard off my mate who does the griting in these events and i was keeping you all informed off whats to be expected from there side updates ect and he was spot on. He poped round again today for a cup off tea and said early on in the morning the gritters have had another meeting regarding thursday right through to next week yes more snow he went into detail to say south east and southern england are going to bear the brunt off it again with the same amounts that we have seen very likeley. He then said it could get a hell off alot worse next week and beyond early signs say. but confidence is moderate at the moment but i will keep you all updated through the week. By the way i need to get a little help off my sister not to sure how to post these pics but got around 20 and will upload them as soon as i can. Take care all :help:

Posted
I might be able to steal the title of most (CURRENT)) lying snow/drifts from south east, 28cm lying this morning on Leeds and bradford airpot runway!! 50CM+ DRIFTS!!

Crikey that must be a dangerous place to live :help:

Posted

An excellent forecast from the Met Office for East Anglia:

Headline:

Clear and frosty tonight, mostly dry Wednesday.

This Evening and Tonight:

It will continue dry throughout, with clear periods and light winds. This will allow a hard frost to develop, along with a few localised mist or freezing fog patches. Minimum temperature -4 °C.

Wednesday:

Mostly dry with some bright or sunny intervals at first. It should remain dry, although clouds will increase from the south with risk of snow arriving overnight. Maximum temperature 3 °C.

Outlook for Thursday to Saturday:

Continuing cold. Heavy snow continuing to spread from the south. Strengthening northerly winds Friday and Saturday heralding sunny spells but also risk of coastal snow showers.

Updated: 1518 on Tue 3 Feb 2009

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ee/...st_weather.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Hello, not sure I would like anymore snow this week lol, OH has lost 2 days money as it is, as nice as its been having him home, bills still have to be paid!!been out and about again today in Basildon, more photos, taken midday today:

snow3-2-09025.jpg

snow3-2-09028.jpg

snow3-2-09024.jpg

snow3-2-09019.jpg

snow3-2-09015.jpg

Posted
I like the fact that the gritter man is providing us the latest updates on weather.

No he is not provideing us the meto and some other senior forcasters are he has to go to these meetings they go to he is a area manager and gives me the feedback which i pass on to you guys. :help:

Posted
....and the trouble is that now the entire media will taked the slightest hint of more snow to come as a god damn irreversible fact that needs to be hyped up to the max. Even to the extent that if it doesn't come off, people will blame the Met Office for their rubbish forecasting, assuming that what they read in the papers and heard on the news was what they actually said... :help: .

they're already using the usual "worse to come" line. unusally this time for our region they might be right although i remain sceptical about this thurs/fri potential snow event

Posted

Well, sensational if this comes to pass. 25cm in places on top of what we've already got.

However I imagine the risk is very low at this stage and they are being ultra cautious

Posted
they're already using the usual "worse to come" line. unusally this time for our region they might be right although i remain sceptical about this thurs/fri potential snow event

I remain sceptical about Wed Night into Thursday but Friday.............Dare I say is nearly nailed on for Snow, why dont you think there will be any Snow Friday when all Models are in agreement and has good Ensemble Support David ??

What are you seeing different about Friday that all the organisations are not

Cheers

Paul S