Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

still snow here, though a definite thaw setting in at 0.8oC. far too much to have any major effect however!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers, cold winters, snow, some severe weather to liven things up...

More in Witham, the snow has quickly replaced what was used to build my snowman in my garden!!! :lol: :)

post-9320-1233589642_thumb.jpg

post-9320-1233589654_thumb.jpg

post-9320-1233589663_thumb.jpg

post-9320-1233589679_thumb.jpg

Posted
Heavy snow in Eltham- A big belt of Heavy snow moving in across kent again- we are moving close to the margins again-

the Thames is becoming the Spoiler now for Essex & suffolk-

The weald of Kent & SE london / NW Kent holding on for dear life-

S

Hi Steve,

Yep been snowing pretty much all day since 10am, and we now have an extra 4cm on top of the 5cm overnight here in the Weald of Kent :)

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted

not sure where this projected heavy precip is going to come from, euro radar looks very uninspiring.

warmer temps have hit here now, melt progressing, a few flakes still falling.

Posted

Could anyone please respond (sixth time i have asked) will we be getting more of this type of thing on Friday and over the weekend?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Is what we are getting now the main band initially forecast for 3pm - 12 tonight and is that still the case?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Yes, Im hoping its only because we are under lighter ppn that it is drizzle here...I cant see anything through the window so had presumed the ppn had just stopped. Heavier stuff coming this way as well, hope we have hung on to snow...can't see anything falling at the mo

Posted
Could anyone please respond (sixth time i have asked) will we be getting more of this type of thing on Friday and over the weekend?

Possibly, but too soon to know for sure now. Almost certainly not to the same magnitude, at least for Grtr London and Surrey.

Depressed in Reading, within 10 miles or so of a pasting to N, S, and E but think we're pretty much done with 6 cm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

No idea sorry....well you wanted a response!

Posted

It's the wrong thread, this one is just about today's snow

Posted

Been snowing constantly since around 11:30am, on and off before that with 6" lying powder snow.

Snow is moderate, to light at times, smallish flakes if I'm being honest.

Depth in my garden is nearing 7-8"'s :)

This will go down in the archives as a true dumping, and falls in line with 1991 without doubt. 1991 better in my book, but this is special also.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Its started to snow here again although very lightly. I've got the hang of uploading pics now so here are some others I took this morning - one is my back garden and the garden table I have out there, the other is the view from my kitchen window and another taken from the Brighton Road this morning.

God I love this weather !

post-2887-1233589828_thumb.jpg

post-2887-1233589848_thumb.jpg

post-2887-1233589887_thumb.jpg

post-2887-1233589925_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Coming down thick and fast here in SW Suffolk :)

Some recent pics.....

post-1600-1233589855_thumb.jpg

post-1600-1233589884_thumb.jpg

From a very snowy Haverhill - over and out :lol:

Seasons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, blizzards, thunder snow, thunder and lightning, heat waves, tornadoes

Gareth, thats all very much up in the air at the moment. Chances of anything developing is probably 50:50. For one, the direction will be different, if we get anything snowy it will be delivered by an Arctic wind, not Easterly. Will definitely be staying cold for the foreseeable week, but I would advise to check the models and model discussion thread for further updates nearer the time. At the moment, that thread is somewhat neglected due to all the current excitement! Once the snow stops though, trust me that thread will get busy again!

Posted

(Yet) Another report from the Tunbridge Wells area.

Still coming down moderately with small/medium flakes, the temperature below zero and icicles hanging from lamposts.

Accumulation continues - I now make it about 8.5 cms - which I would gladly have settled for at the start of this event.

All I really hope for now is that this stays as snow until the precipitation ends and we get a frost to preserve what we have got!

MM

Posted
Pleasea carry on here

6" now on Cars

Happy as a Pig in ****

:lol: Just goes to show what difference a few miles makes. It's still lightly raining here and the snow is slowly starting to disappear.

Posted

Really clinging on for dear life now, a Fine Sleet now, just 3 miles down the Road in Rochford it is Rain, Shoebury has Rain, I am 76masl and Flash Elvis is Similar in Rayleigh and we are just about High enough (For Now)

Has been Snowing now Moderately for 7 hours :lol: And we have a Very Respectable 12-15cm on Cars and Bins and about 10cm on the Grass.

Going to try and Upload some Pics to my Wifes Laptop.

Paul S

Posted

Well, didn't get much snow here this afternoon, mainly fine light to moderate snow at best and now stopped altogether. However, I can't complain with 9.5 inches of lying snow!

:lol:

Posted
:lol: Just goes to show what difference a few miles makes. It's still lightly raining here and the snow is slowly starting to disappear.

Will post a Recent Picture Poppy, you wont believe the difference a few miles make, take a drive to Leigh

Paul S