Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

temps will drop in s couple of hrs, Im hopinh the pnn will turn back to snow, its not heavy atm anyway. Whats the prospects on snow this evening

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
Same has happened in Norwich, stopped completely now. I didn't think we would be affected by the warm sector, because we are quite a way inland. What sort of time will the heavier stuff arrive? I really hope it isnt rain! Slight thaw here...

Think it will be rain :( some heavier stuff just about to hit me as well...typical :D

Hoping temps dip like in Kent...and there is barely any ppn at all at the mo..maybe when it gets a tad heavier!

Edited by i luv snow

Posted

I think that is just about it for Sutton/Kiev. Radar seems to show it will continue with the light fine snow, but nothing more, and this should stop in about 1 hour.

Temp 0.4c (although I suspect there may be a small amount of snow on the sensor!!!) and DP -1c.

Cant complain about it stopping really - 26cm level snow on my garden table - more than I have seen in this country for many years!

post-1467-1233590795_thumb.jpg

SS

Posted
Will post a Recent Picture Poppy, you wont believe the difference a few miles make, take a drive to Leigh Paul S
and that will really cheer poppie up Paul :D:(

not sure what the depth wil be by the end of today at Woolwich, but am sure the 8 inches i measured this morning wil have receeded a bit with a very slight rise in temp during the day. even so, 6-8 inches of snow freezing overnight will make for an interesting day tomorrow, especially in the morning

Posted
Anyone from High Wycombe able to give an update on conditions? Am wondering if the football will be on tomorrow.

As for here, 0.1 and snowing at a good rate.

They have undersoil heating, should be fine.

I expect it will go ahead and I fancy Barnet to nab a surprise draw.

Posted
Anyone from High Wycombe able to give an update on conditions? Am wondering if the football will be on tomorrow.

As for here, 0.1 and snowing at a good rate.

We have about 4 inches here and it's still snowing very lightly. No idea about football, I'm afraid :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

snow has picked up in the last 5mins. where did that come from? the radar was showing the snow fizzling out round here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow - I'm an 80 year old kid at heart!
Could anyone please respond (sixth time i have asked) will we be getting more of this type of thing on Friday and over the weekend?

You need to read the Model Output discussion thread - they have been on about this for about two days now - very excited about their models for the coming weekend - they take a more national outlook than this localised thread though.

Still, makes interesting reading, even if I don't understand any of their technical bits!

Bernard.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Still snowing here with big maybe wetish flakes dewpoint still -0.2 but temp is +0.3c

Posted
I think that is just about it for Sutton/Kiev. Radar seems to show it will continue with the light fine snow, but nothing more, and this should stop in about 1 hour.

Temp 0.4c (although I suspect there may be a small amount of snow on the sensor!!!) and DP -1c.

Cant complain about it stopping really - 26cm level snow on my garden table - more than I have seen in this country for many years!

SS

Wow!

Posted

None of the tv or radio forecasts now mention any more snow/rain for East Anglia, this evening.

Where the hell did that go? Not sure how we would have got 10cm from what has passed this afternoon, regardless of the early arrival of warmer uppers.

Poor forecasts only 2-3 hours ago.

Edited by Nick.F

Posted

SS

The third band of snow I earlier called part 3 is now merging with snow band part 2. This is going to intensify into the rush hour.

Heavy snow now falling here :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers, cold winters, snow, some severe weather to liven things up...

Still snowing here in Witham :rolleyes:

No rain/sleet as yet (now I've said it, it'll bloody start raining!!!)

post-9320-1233591220_thumb.jpg

Posted
Still snowing in St Albans. Hasn't really stopped all day but has been, like most others, small flakes with a few heavier bursts.

Daylight is rapidly declining now which might help. Been a great day though and after an 18 year wait, I certainly made the most of it and spent much of the day outside walking about.

Did you go to the lake? :rolleyes:

It was brilliant, deep snow, i went about 1pm and had some quite heavy snow. :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow - I'm an 80 year old kid at heart!
You need to read the Model Output discussion thread - they have been on about this for about two days now - very excited about their models for the coming weekend - they take a more national outlook than this localised thread though.

Still, makes interesting reading, even if I don't understand any of their technical bits!

Bernard.

Last time I looked it was under Winter Discussion, then scroll down to Forum Topics section, and it was the second or third thread title - has the word Model in it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny and Dry with a Hard Frost.

Delighted we got the direct hit from the 'streamer' last night as not much for west surrey out of this Low. I have no complaints though. 25 cm of top quality white stuff and a day to enjoy it with the kids!!

Posted

heavy snow now, very large flakes in gravesend getting deeper on the ground very fast... although think it will turn to sleet/rain in the next hour or so, after hearinf where the rain/sleet currently is. :rolleyes: