Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Thaw on road but snow has not stopped, remained snowing since 8am in Whitstable, very wet snow however. Temperature is starting to drop again. I recorded 3C at its peak but snow remained strong, needs to freeze now, get the roads icy and keep on snowing.

Posted
Will post a Recent Picture Poppy, you wont believe the difference a few miles make, take a drive to Leigh

Paul S

Funnily enough we were going to take a drive along the seafront earlier and up into Leigh Broadway to the shop that sells ski stuff. Going on Thursday now instead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Temps to seem to be levelling, dipping slightly even tho uppers are creeping up. Good signs, but will it be enough ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms
Really clinging on for dear life now, a Fine Sleet now, just 3 miles down the Road in Rochford it is Rain, Shoebury has Rain, I am 76masl and Flash Elvis is Similar in Rayleigh and we are just about High enough (For Now)

Has been Snowing now Moderately for 7 hours :lol: And we have a Very Respectable 12-15cm on Cars and Bins and about 10cm on the Grass.

Going to try and Upload some Pics to my Wifes Laptop.

Paul S

Just been out with the tape, got an average 9-10cms here on table, cars, bins etc, light drizzle for the last 30mins, snow starting to disappear on car windows and the road/paths> You have done well this morning Paul after the non event down your way last night, lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Its been raining here for an hour and a half now and the small amount of snow we had is melting fast temp 2.1c dew point 1.5c sad state of affairs really :nonono:

Posted

Temperature creeping up gentley now...and the steady snow is turing into sleet :nonono::)

I think its all over Paul.....unless you see anything different on the radar that I dont???

Posted

still snowing here in west Cambs, has been fine snow for about an hour, but has pepped up again and now snowing quite heavily again. thaw had set in on paths and roads though.

Posted
Possibly, but too soon to know for sure now. Almost certainly not to the same magnitude, at least for Grtr London and Surrey.

Depressed in Reading, within 10 miles or so of a pasting to N, S, and E but think we're pretty much done with 6 cm.

i would dream of having six cm - it would be a palace to us. 3cm max.

actually, since i last looked there is maybe just a hint of the precip pepping up a touch to the southeast of us....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Yes definately rain here, i kindof give up now, however temps are were at 0oC at 3pm so I cant see them have risen to 3oC in less than an hour :nonono: ?

Unfortunately GFS has the less cold air over EA now..affecting the whole of the Midlands too, before it returns after midnight

Edited by i luv snow

Yes, Im hoping its only because we are under lighter ppn that it is drizzle here...I cant see anything through the window so had presumed the ppn had just stopped. Heavier stuff coming this way as well, hope we have hung on to snow...can't see anything falling at the mo

Same has happened in Norwich, stopped completely now. I didn't think we would be affected by the warm sector, because we are quite a way inland. What sort of time will the heavier stuff arrive? I really hope it isnt rain! Slight thaw here...

Posted

Heavy Snow falling in st neots, west Cambs - on the A1. Gutted to hear thats its raining in suffolk - must mean that it will be raining here soon, - but not just yet..!!!

Posted

Still snowing in St Albans. Hasn't really stopped all day but has been, like most others, small flakes with a few heavier bursts.

Daylight is rapidly declining now which might help. Been a great day though and after an 18 year wait, I certainly made the most of it and spent much of the day outside walking about.