Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
Winds have picked up here and snow is getting heavier. Dew Point -1.1.

Must be gutting for those of you in EA. You should have been right in the firing line.

:)

Yeah I was see pics above - Got just under 5" from the Frontal Snow Cheers

Posted
Still snowing here, although we've had a slight thaw.

not here chilly oh the bliss of pin green lol thick snow here and has been snowing all day hammering it down right now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Proper rain now here in Rochford, snow disappearing quickly in places........least we look like we might have Arshavin, not that he will make much difference to this seasons Premier, lol

Posted

Still snowing here, though very fine now.... measured snow in middle of garden, not a drift, 5 inches and rising!!! Waa Hay, I've been inside most of the day though, kids gone off with their friends and I've taken the opportunity to do some of my coursework.... its really pretty out there!! Watched the snow rise from the comfort of my dining room!!

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

The only thing Im worried about now for you guys further west is these milder temps/uppers etc are set to spread to you and the midlands, so altho you all hang on to snow, if the GFS is right it will all turn to rain for you lot too eventually. Fingers crossed for you all!

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Still snowing here light-moderately, about 10-11cm now. Temp hasn't risen above freezing here - so an ice day in the bag as it now gets dark outside. Happy days and beats cold zonality :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....
This snow band part 3 appears to be wrapped around itself in a NW direction which is good for London. Let's see if I can add a snow band part 4 :)

Please do Yamkin ! Still going here and a little heavier........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Everything on the ground freezing here- gonna be treacherous tomorrow, and maybe suggestive tht any future ppn might be a bit more wintry

Posted

Well i thought i would do right yesterday and today, but we know how fickle snow is in this country!

its good though it can produce sometimes.

temp now 3.3c dew point 1.5c.

Posted
Proper rain now here in Rochford, snow disappearing quickly in places........least we look like we might have Arshavin, not that he will make much difference to this seasons Premier, lol

Really?

I must literally be a few Miles away and I still have 11cm on the Grass in the Back Garden - Untouched! :yahoo:

The Kids have been out the Front all day and oh for a few Bird Tracks and the Cats Footprints it is deep and crisp and Even!

Paul S

Tell ya what though the way the Slabs of Snow are hanging off the Conservatory we could get some Serious Icicles tonight if it gets Cold enough

Posted

next batch of precipitation should be with me in the next 10 to 15 mins and still my postcode is slap bang in the middle of the line of sleet and snow so its 50/50 coin flip on which way it decides to fall

Posted

what effect will the darkness have on the temps????

Posted
Still snowing here light-moderately, about 10-11cm now. Temp hasn't risen above freezing here - so an ice day in the bag as it now gets dark outside. Happy days and beats cold zonality :yahoo:

Yeah its still moderate snowfall here and we have a similar quantity. temps also sub zero. Since the most intense stuff should still be to come just about though, I'm hoping it will stay this way. Hopefully the reduced influence of the sun will counteract any mild sector effects, though I'm hopeful of the warmer air largely skirting us anyway.

Posted
The only thing Im worried about now for you guys further west is these milder temps/uppers etc are set to spread to you and the midlands, so altho you all hang on to snow, if the GFS is right it will all turn to rain for you lot too eventually. Fingers crossed for you all!

Temp have stabilised at 0.1 for 30 mins now but am dreading the mild sector is still out there waiting to pounce. The quicker darkness ensues, the more the raising of temperatures should hopefully be subdued. For the moment however, that snow just keeps on falling.

Posted

Well here in North East london. been snowing all day (and all night), and the last half hour has got particularly heavy to top up the 7 or 8 inches (or more) we have already had.

Marvellous stuff - restoed my faityh in the Winter thats for sure.

Posted
Really?

I must literally be a few Miles away and I still have 11cm on the Grass in the Back Garden - Untouched! :yahoo:

The Kids have been out the Front all day and oh for a few Bird Tracks and the Cats Footprints it is deep and crisp and Even!

Paul S

Tell ya what though the way the Slabs of Snow are hanging off the Conservatory we could get some Serious Icicles tonight if it gets Cold enough

yes mate, this rain is eating into the snow slowly, gone very slushy on paths etc, disappearing off the roofs, shame.

My other halfs mum lives in Leigh and she said what you been saying, funny how a few miles apart and its different, not paying living out in the country today, lol

Posted

Still snowing heavily here. Amazing. Let's see if we can squeeze another couple of hours worth to make up for the lack of snow yesterday

Posted
Well here in North East london. been snowing all day (and all night), and the last half hour has got particularly heavy to top up the 7 or 8 inches (or more) we have already had.

Marvellous stuff - restoed my faityh in the Winter thats for sure.

Not far from me and confirm what you have said and still snowing moderately as we speak