Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
heavy snow here.

Is that coming from the south or west ?

Really confused ?

where is a link for the projected perciption, i paid extra for service but cant seem to find it

Posted

Very Light Rain here now as well but it is not making much of an Impact on the 11cm in the Back Garden, the front continues to see the Kids making a Snowman which is getting near to 5ft Tall now :(

Paul S

Heavy Snow here again in Eltham- Hasnt stopped since 1pm-

We seem to be yet again in a Snow streamer than runs from se9 all the Way down to Tonbridge-

Id be interested to here of the weather there- because from my pespective its Building back up again to the SE-

Ive no doubt the temp is between 0 & 1c here but the dewpoint must be slightly below freezing still or no more than 0.2c above beacuse we have had no rain today-

Perhaps we sit on the best eastern extent of the snow- !!!!!!!

I think its clear that SE essex & suffolk are suffering the additional surface heating from the estuary thats making all the difference- it usually works the other way round for us in the SE

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Moderate rain/sleet here :)

How disappointing ;)

Seasons

Posted

We seem to be yet again in a Snow streamer than runs from se9 all the Way down to Tonbridge-

Id be interested to here of the weather there- because from my pespective its Building back up again to the SE-

Ive no doubt the temp is between 0 & 1c here but the dewpoint must be slightly below freezing still or no more than 0.2c above beacuse we have had no rain today-

S

But interesting Steve is that we on the Thames have seen 24 hours of snow and it continues as I type.

Unbelievable that it still snows here after 24 hours on and off and more on!!

Posted

I think its clear that SE essex & suffolk are suffering the additional surface heating from the estuary thats making all the difference- it usually works the other way round for us in the SE

S

Well I can tell you that we have light to moderate snow and the dew point has dropped slightly in the last half hour.

Posted
Is that coming from the south or west ?

Really confused ?

where is a link for the projected perciption, i paid extra for service but cant seem to find it

I have no idea, all i know is it's heavy and is settling on the wet/gritted roads.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Rain is lighter now, but has eaten into the snow, lost a few cms, looking a slushy mess on the road and paths. Cant believe its still snowing in London, lol

Unbelievable-

heavy snow in Eltham-

heavy Rain in Barnehurst-

Anyone in Bexleyheath- What you got-?????

Warren- Keep your eye on the dewpoint- once the triple point of the low moves over it will drop from the west-

Although it may just be variable for th moment in the snow-

S

Posted

drive carefully folks - (or at least let people know) - went out mid afternoon in the car, and the roads had a lot of slush on them.

with falling evening temps this could easily turn to black ice, especially if more snow arrives.

stay safe - and be careful!

and if you did manage to make it into work - dont work late. get home now before that slush freezes.

Posted

Has also pepped up a little in Bexleyheath again. Still remain confident that this will remain as snow! ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Id just about class the precip as snow now temps still the same at 0.3c

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Still light snow and looks like a little more to come before it clears ... temp -0.2 °C, dewp -0.7 °C. Very quiet out there this evening coming home compared to the usual rush hour traffic.

Posted
Unbelievable-

heavy snow in Eltham-

heavy Rain in Barnehurst-

Anyone in Bexleyheath- What you got-?????

Warren- Keep your eye on the dewpoint- once the triple point of the low moves over it will drop from the west-

Although it may just be variable for th moment in the snow-

S

Where abouts is the triple point at the mo? :D

Posted
Very Light Rain here now as well but it is not making much of an Impact on the 11cm in the Back Garden, the front continues to see the Kids making a Snowman which is getting near to 5ft Tall now :D

Paul S

Great day, snow all day and still going, kids off school and a 5' snowman to top it all.

Posted

1 in 5 have a snow day (off work..)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...ID-make-in.html

bit of low estimate i think. just heard on radio 4 that even the london ambulance service had command centre telephone operators unable to turn up due to the public transport chaos.

no snow in basingstoke now, but the sky is cloudy. too early yet to see if it will turn orange like yesterday.