Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Still snowing just west of Maidstone down by the River Medway. 5 cm total - pretty good for down here. Temp has fallen back to 0.7C from a max of 1.1C earlier, so I'm hoping it'll stay as snow until it stops now, then freeze hard tonight. Fingers crossed.

Mark.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Not to be a spoil sport but just to prepare everyone, the radar has shown the sleetyness is now about encroach london, has spread westward from Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex etc...it does look like it is all spreading west now, with the cold air not arriving till earlier hours with very little ppn :yahoo:

Posted

VERY HEAVY SNOW NOW IN CAMBRIDGESHIRE. IM RIGHT ON THE A1 IN ST.NEOTS, - AND ITS CHUCKING IT DOWN BIG TIME, LOVELY SITE AS ITS THE LIGHT IS FADING....

Posted
. The quicker darkness ensues, the more the raising of temperatures should hopefully be subdued. For the moment however, that snow just keeps on falling.

Maybe, maybe not...but if these uppers are warming the temps up, this will unfrotunately be regardless of being dark or not.

Posted

Looks like the front has given another couple of inches for East Anglia and the SE with the dry slot now feeing into CS England just as the models were expecting. Probably still got another few hours of snow in the SE before it clears away to the northern part of England which is currently getting quite widespread snowfall.

Sadly the warm sector seems to be a little stronger then was progged however...

Edited by kold weather

Posted

Just got the car on the road took 3 hrs, it really is like Armageddon here on the Banstead/Wallington borders. We have 12+inches of lying snow with more still falling, even the main A roads are tricky full of abandoned cars and pedestrians as the pavements are impassable. The infrastructure here is basically on its knees, the BBC were woeful in their forecasting even last night they were saying 2 - 3 inches when we had 7 already?

Posted

Heaviest snow of the day . It has been snowing for nearly 24 hours and the measure of snow is about 38cms hoping for at least 40cm which beats Feb 1991. According to the forecast London and Greater London it will remain as snow. Ice today and the Temps are starting to drop again.

Posted

Forecasts show that, the nowcasting of the temps and the models don't show it. Forecasts showed snow here as late as 9pm tonight, but that hasnt rung true. i genuinely have my fingers crossed for as many of you as poss to hang on to snow !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Well Fatyido send some of it up the road 15 miles to St Ives because it's still very light here - although what is coming down is settling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.
Looks like the front has given another couple of inches for East Anglia and the SE with the dry slot now feeing into CS England just as the models were expecting. Probably still got another few hours of snow in the SE before it clears away to the northern part of England which is currently getting quite widespread snowfall.

Sadly the warm sector seems to be a little stronger then was progged however...

Hello Kold,

For parts of East Anglia maybe, here in St. Ives, although it's been snowing on-and-off most of the day, it's barely given a centimetre at best :lol:

Posted

Just had a chance to get online - we had 5-6 inches here in Reigate - stayed around all day which is good - snowed on and off here as well all day but no real increase in the snow - do people think we will get rain here or will it just freeze?

Posted

The sleetyness heading westwards...:S

Sleety.jpg

Just be prepared for it to turn sleety/drizzly/rainy....and if it doesnt its a bonus! :lol:

Posted
Forecasts show that, the nowcasting of the temps and the models don't show it. Forecasts showed snow here as late as 9pm tonight, but that hasnt rung true. i genuinely have my fingers crossed for as many of you as poss to hang on to snow !

Still pure snow here, no sleet or rain.... yet :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Chucking it down again... watching the dewpoint like a hawk, but it's staying steady at 0° C. I really think height above sea level's a big factor here (we're 110 m) and it's just keeping us on the right side.

Just been out to take this of the car which lost some of it's snow when I drove to the village shop this morning. Although it's still proper snow, it's wetter than the dry powder stuff from last night.

My head tells me that at 4:30 pm and with a ground temp of 0.1° C, it can't start warming up too much so the snow melts or it starts raining, surely?

post-8078-1233593395_thumb.jpg

Posted

Heaviest snow of the day . It has been snowing for nearly 24 hours and the measure of snow is about 38cms hoping for at least 40cm which beats Feb 1991. According to the forecast London and Greater London it will remain as snow. Ice today and the Temps are starting to drop again.

[/quote

heavy here again now after this afternoons 2 hour dodgy moment when the temp rose. now bucketing it down and a new fresh cover

Posted

we're still getting snow here near tunbridge wells. Looks like there's plenty of the light to moderate stuff on the way. I cna't see any big band of ppn coming from france though, so assuming that the best of it is already past, and we'll be in lighter snow/rain till it finishes.

You can see the ppn is beginning to pivot somewhat at this point and head slightly more nw. This is where the orientation of the mild sector boundary goes askew and we wait and see on which side of it we end up.

Posted

chances of snow down east coast have gone now upper temps to warm say good bye to snow think that its for week as friday far to marginal to get snow here!!

Posted

It hasn't stopped snowing ALL DAY. And it's coming down heavy again! It just won't let up!!

Also, those in Yorkshire are finding the band as rain...

Posted
Well Fatyido send some of it up the road 15 miles to St Ives because it's still very light here - although what is coming down is settling.

Hi Mark, i know that we in Cambs often miss out. And I was working in Watford earlier and the snow was very deep, but we always miss out. It was light snow here an hour ago, and thought it was about to turn to rain, but it swung back to snow, and has been heavy now for over half hour.

Hope you get it as well....

Posted

Yeah turned to rain here and everything has become slushy on our massive 1" of snow, have to admit very disappointed with the amounts here and don't think we're alone in this, other parts particularly the coastline has seen relatively small amounts. I wonder why?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Sadly I think thats my lot here - its finally stopped snowing and temp has risen to 3 degrees ? Actually that has just dropped to 2.7 as I type. Hmmmm not sure about this new window thermometer.......