Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
snow has picked up in the last 5mins. where did that come from? the radar was showing the snow fizzling out round here

I responded to a similar post not long ago. hope you don't mind the same answer

The third band of snow I earlier called part 3 is now merging with snow band part 2. This is going to intensify into the rush hour.

Posted

Snow pepping up quite a bit here again. It's now been snowing since about 11am. Radar shows there's still some more to come. If it freezes tonight, it might stick around for a bit longer than the usual few hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and dry

Still snowing here, but a definate thaw has set in on lying snow. Just hope it can last out till the skies clear later this evening and temperaturs drop back down again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Ipswich temp sitll coming up at 0oC and 0oC dewpoint for 4oclock!! Same as all day except from we had sleet/rain rather than snow. Nothing seems to be falling at the mo

Posted

is the warm front supposed to retreat? still hanging on for dear life in norwich, hoping when then ext batch of precipitation comes our way it remains snow but i am skeptical at the moment to say the least

Posted

Started snowing about 9 o clock ish last night. Driving home was pretty bad. They had gritted the roads but it was just too heavy.

Woke up this morning and looked outside!

At least a foot of snow has fallen up to this point! I've never ever seen anything like it here in Southern England. I uploaded a few photos (and hope they worked?), and the picture with the swing in it clearly shows just how deep it is. In places it was much deeper than this, walking through it was really tiring, with it at least up to my knees on all surfaces.

Needless to say that today was quite a good one!

Looking at the radar it seems that the next batch that was supposed to hit us won't. :)

But then, I'm happy with what we've got!

(28 level cm!)

post-7927-1233591233_thumb.jpg

post-7927-1233591288_thumb.jpg The main road!

post-7927-1233591356_thumb.jpg (Note the depth on the swing)

post-7927-1233591561_thumb.jpg In the woods

Posted

snowing reasonably heavy here at the moment. Think this might be it, as the warm sector appears to be creeping closer through Kent.

Posted
Did you go to the lake? :)

It was brilliant, deep snow, i went about 1pm and had some quite heavy snow. :)

Yeah, it's at the end of my road. Had a nice stroll round at around 9 this morning. It was very quiet at that time. Just got back from another stroll and it's much busier - plus the snow been packed down and i was trying not to slip over left right and centre. Was a great atmosphere there.

Keeping this on topic...moderate snow, looks like temps risen slightly too. Slow thaw but mainly on the roads and over drains - not too fussed about that as it forms great icicles!

Posted
Could anyone please respond (sixth time i have asked) will we be getting more of this type of thing on Friday and over the weekend?

If you look round this site there is loads of information that will answer your questions try looking at the 7 day snow forcast for your area

Posted
They have undersoil heating, should be fine.

I expect it will go ahead and I fancy Barnet to nab a surprise draw.

Thanks for that but am I right in thinking Wycombe had a game postponed back in October when it snowed? The pitch thawed but they called it off because of feared safety of the fans?

As for us getting a point? Well, that sounds crazier than saying i've got 9 inches of snow in my back garden.

Posted
None of the tv or radio forecasts now mention any more snow/rain for East Anglia, this evening.

Where the hell did that go? Not sure how we would have got 10cm from what has passed this afternoon, regardless of the early arrival of warmer uppers.

Poor forecasts only 2-3 hours ago.

Er Not So

Went from 1cm to 12cm at the end so received 11cm out of the french stuff, maybe poor in some areas but like last night other areas got exactly that

2 Recent Piccies

post-24-1233591674_thumb.jpg

post-24-1233592015_thumb.jpg

So all in all happy with what happened today, but that ENE Pah!! LOL

What could ahve been I suppose

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
I responded to a similar post not long ago. hope you don't mind the same answer

The third band of snow I earlier called part 3 is now merging with snow band part 2. This is going to intensify into the rush hour.

i hope youre right. so far this afternoon snow has been a bit of a damp squid. only a couple of cms topped up compared to bbc forecasts saying 10-15cm more. but right now theres quite heavy, thick flakes falling. sting in the tail maybe?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Just went otuside nothing falling here, but still very cold..so no idea what the ppn about to hit will be. Temps still say 0oC with 0oC dewpoints so i live in hope :) But doubt anything exciting will fall. nevermind! :)

Posted
i hope youre right. so far this afternoon snow has been a bit of a damp squid. only a couple of cms topped up compared to bbc forecasts saying 10-15cm more. but right now theres quite heavy, thick flakes falling. sting in the tail maybe?

This snow band part 3 appears to be wrapped around itself in a NW direction which is good for London. Let's see if I can add a snow band part 4 :)

Posted
Biggest flakes weve had all day falling :)
larger flakes mean a bit of a rise in temp. but still good to see its still snowing in the SE, are the showers heading east toward me in woolwich do you know Mike?

Posted

Amazing this. I am here North side of Canary WHarf on the Thames and we have seen steady snow falling all day and it still continues to fall.

Cant believe you only saw cm or 2 as here we have some serious snowfall?

Reckon London also may make the most out of dropping temps as more precip hits later...Although could be rain when the warmer sector hits?

Posted

Well thats it folks of Kent, enjoy what you have... you may get a little dusting for the next hour but this show is over until the next movements.... maybe later this evening and certainly later this week. Keep everything crossed that we get a godd freeze and that France or the low countries can deliver some new snow out of somewhere tonight....!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms
larger flakes mean a bit of a rise in temp. but still good to see its still snowing in the SE, are the showers heading east toward me in woolwich do you know Mike?

Yes Yes I would think so as you are north west of me!