Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Back to the present, how does that area of ppn 20 miles to east of me just keeps massing with green echo's and just to the west any showers fade into nothing before getting into mid somerset?

I have watched it for hours and it is frustrating. :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
Back to the present, how does that area of ppn 20 miles to east of me just keeps massing with green echo's and just to the west any showers fade into nothing before getting into mid somerset?

I have watched it for hours and it is frustrating. :o

Hiya - that is the exact thing I keep asking! So frustrating! Think I will go to bed and see what has happened in the morning or else I will spend hours watching!

Posted

Back to thursday and my fears that i voiced earlier have been revealed on the 18z it's all going to fall as rain in west country!

Posted
Well the reporter on the BBC just said significant snow for the south and the GFS is progging sleet.

F knows

I suspect even 'F' doesn't know at the mo! :lol: :o

Let's hope the 18z has been 'on the sauce' tonight!

Posted
I suspect even 'F' doesn't know at the mo! :o :lol:

Let's hope the 18z has been 'on the sauce' tonight!

Hopefully. It seems to contradict itself now and again. On one chart its showing very heaving ppn and on "precipitation type" it shows light sleet :o

Hopefully a lil blooper

Edited by BristolBlizzard

Posted

Will this heavy snow in the South West move up here ?

Posted

I'll hit the sauce tomoro night if that doesnt change. I was looking at that snow in wiltshire thinking oh well its alright we will get our turn on thur.

what was a dream has turned into a wet nightmare! :o

Posted

hi just watched bbc news and south molton was on there just up the road from me :o .. we never get a mention for anything in north devon so feeling famous :lol: ... But bless him someone has given him bum info, he said this was round 1 and now on thur/fri we are going into round 2, with significant snow fall for us in north devon :o ... ERRR no just rain and poss sleet, so no round 2 sadly :o :lol:

is looking good for the midlands though and maybe wales. But a huge downgrade for the SW

lol kaz xx

Posted
Well the reporter on the BBC just said significant snow for the south and the GFS is progging sleet.

F knows

I would rather go with the BBC myself as there in contact with more hi tech gadgets from the met

take heart Kaz,,as its still early days.things could get worse for us all or go the other way

Edited by dogs32

Posted
I would rather go with the BBC myself as there in contact with more hi tech gadgets from the met

Although more i suspect because theyre suggesting snow and the GFS isnt :o

In fairness im inclined to agree with you, especially having seen the higher res UKMO output on meteociel, which generally handled yesterday better than the GFS

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
hi just watched bbc news and south molton was on there just up the road from me :o .. we never get a mention for anything in north devon so feeling famous :lol: ... But bless him someone has given him bum info, he said this was round 1 and now on thur/fri we are going into round 2, with significant snow fall for us in north devon :o ... ERRR no just rain and poss sleet, so no round 2 sadly :lol: :o

is looking good for the midlands though and maybe wales. But a huge downgrade for the SW

lol kaz xx

Wheres the downgrade?

HAHAHAHAHA my school closed tomorrow... none of my friends know why though. :lol:

Could be because of the snow! :o

Posted

I think Thursday / Friday is such a finely balanced event the only time we will be able to predict with any accuracy what will happen will after the event ! It really will be nowcasting for 36 hours. What is certain is that somebody will get a lot of snow, but not really who !

Posted

take heart Kaz,,as its still early days.things could get worse for us all or go the other way

ok dogs i will listen to you... think i will keep out off the model thread its to depressing and hardly anyone viewing the flipping charts or talking about them again :lol: .. I will stay in here where we are at least realistic. to much negativity over there think i caught the bug ... runs to kitchen to de-bug :o

lol kaz x

Posted
I think Thursday / Friday is such a finely balanced event the only time we will be able to predict with any accuracy what will happen will after the event ! It really will be nowcasting for 36 hours. What is certain is that somebody will get a lot of snow, but not really who !

Some reassuring comments in last few mins in Model Output discussion thread from Nick F and Nick sussex.

I think we're now in a 'wait and see' 24/36 hours!!

Posted

what makes me laugh is when people see a bad GFS chart they loose hope instantly and forget how unpredictable they are...Many people forget the days leading up to this weeks snow fall..I counted at least seven ups and downs....Nearly drove me mad with frustration...

I only really start to believe a situ only 24 hrs before an event...

Best not to take any event to seriously until its on your door step...just my crazy way of thinking

And good luck to Devon and Cornwall as you don't seem to do well in snow events over the last few decades...

Posted

Richard Angwin usually has a good handle on these sorts of events, and a quick spoiler before the weather had him talking about a possible major event.