Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch Thread For Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
so like, is Birmingham definately getting the snow? Im going to dream of snow tonight, thats if i ever get to sleep :D

I dont have a clue about all this forecasting stuff so im just going on what all you lovely people are saying!

The answer to that is.... Yes yes yes and... YES!

Snow may start in Birmingham in the next 50 minutes...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
It's hard to forecast this. it's very borderline for Cov, Leicester, Nottingham and Derby. It may do as they say, all I know is... Expect some heavy snow between 3 and 7am this morning!

Latest radar pic looks beautiful...

would suit me fine rather the four hours of heavy snow then nothing at at all i guess if it does cum off like the beeb say then that would be greatttttt lol

Posted
This looks funny!!!

I think the Mets Radar is playing up

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Nope, not playing up.. MetO just updated. Its over..snow event over, its just gone..

:D

I joke :)

Yeh, messed up, do not worry!

Posted

Hi my first post on the forum, I have been watching this thread for the past couple of days with great interest so decided to join in.

I have noticed a couple of posters from Hertfordshire in the past hour. Just 1 question I live in East Herts and want to know if any 1 can tell me if we are going to get snow here its very confusing some forecast say rain and others heavy snow?

By the way I stayed up until 4 a.m. watching the snow here early Monday morning. I never seen anything like it since the Blizzards that I remember when I was young living in Newcastle in 1978-9. We got 8 inches here.

Posted
temps are -1.5 and humidity 83%

cher

x

aj safe journey for tomorrow

cher this is incredible, the temp here is -1.2 with a dew point of -4. the band is about an hour and a half away from Leicester and about an hour away from Birmingham. The temperature is PERFECT at the moment, as long as the dew point stays below 0 and the ground temp stays below 1c we are looking good.

Posted

precip is nothing like the intensity it was, type in postcode ox1 and run things back. by this rate it will be similar to mondays intensity. mainly moderate snow for most.

Posted
The answer to that is.... Yes yes yes and... YES!

Snow may start in Birmingham in the next 50 minutes...

I think I may cry. Sledging at the Lickey Hills? YES PLEASE! :yahoo:

Posted
precip is nothing like the intensity it was, type in postcode ox1 and run things back. by this rate it will be similar to mondays intensity. mainly moderate snow for most.

Isn't it the case that when the precip hits the cold air it should pep up again somewhat? Or not?

Either way plenty of precip on the way and lots of snow reports this evening further south. It's all shaping up quite nicely IMO although still a bit iffy for here.

Posted

Still looks awesome to me :yahoo: If it's similiar to Monday then i'm going to be mega happy. On Monday we was in the line of heavy precip and it snowed about 3 inches from it, more of the same please!

Posted
Hi my first post on the forum, I have been watching this thread for the past couple of days with great interest so decided to join in.

I have noticed a couple of posters from Hertfordshire in the past hour. Just 1 question I live in East Herts and want to know if any 1 can tell me if we are going to get snow here its very confusing some forecast say rain and others heavy snow?

By the way I stayed up until 4 a.m. watching the snow here early Monday morning. I never seen anything like it since the Blizzards that I remember when I was young living in Newcastle in 1978-9. We got 8 inches here.

hi and welcome to netweather forum

cher

x

I don't think you are wrong about that, Staffs will probably get worst hit :yahoo: I think my chances for snow between 3am and 9am are good though, lets be honest 4-6 hours of snowfall will leave something good even if it does turn to sleet and rain as the day goes on for Leicester.

Current temp is -1 ad the dew point is -4 here, the precip is only about 2 hours away!

It looks like about 1 to 2 hrs away.

There is even snow at present in central london. I think that the snow line may just be a little further south

It's going to be fun for my drive from kettering to nottingham in the morning

Peter

Posted
I think I may cry. Sledging at the Lickey Hills? YES PLEASE! :yahoo:

Hehe, you are going to be in for a surprise between 1am and 5am I think, looks like a good 3-4 hours of moderate to heavy snow for Birmingham, 3 inches possible, maybe more.

Posted
cher this is incredible, the temp here is -1.2 with a dew point of -4. the band is about an hour and a half away from Leicester and about an hour away from Birmingham. The temperature is PERFECT at the moment, as long as the dew point stays below 0 and the ground temp stays below 1c we are looking good.

Not that long to wait now omgggggggggggggggggggggggggg just hope these temps behave themselfs now

cher

x

Posted
hi and welcome to netweather forum

cher

x

Thankyou for the welcome, waiting for the snow to arrive here hopefully, yes I'm greedy after what has hit us in Herts. recently but I love Snow, still plenty on the ground here as well.

By the way I'm a Toon fan aswell.

Posted
Thankyou for the welcome, waiting for the snow to arrive here hopefully, yes I'm greedy after what has hit us in Herts. recently but I love Snow, still plenty on the ground here as well.

By the way I'm a Toon fan aswell.

lol thats hubbys team hes toon mad

cher

x

Edited by toonarmy32

Posted
Isn't it the case that when the precip hits the cold air it should pep up again somewhat? Or not?

Either way plenty of precip on the way and lots of snow reports this evening further south. It's all shaping up quite nicely IMO although still a bit iffy for here.

It started as snow in London and Kent got ice pellets about an hour ago! If it's wintry that far South then it bodes well for Northants IMO.

Possible good few hours of snow in Northants i'd say, temp here is -1.4c with a dew point of -3.9, that is incredible considering the PPN isn't all that far away! The ground temp is actually dropping in the past 2 hours :wallbash: It was -0.3 at 10pm at 11pm it was -1 and now it's -1.4.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
excuse my manners welcome to the forum

cher

x

Thanks cher! I see your not far from me! Bring on the snow! :wallbash: I swear it feels colder here now :S