Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch Thread For Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
One more thing to add - someone on the other thread has made a VERY interesting point.

Apparently Wiltshire only had a 30% chance of snow according to GFS/NW, so the forecast was for sleet.

With this in mind; I think we can disregard the GFS at this point and stick to nowcasting. Looking very promising indeed for many areas :rolleyes:

Yes, the same goes for me! 20% - 30% chance pf snow through out the night, and guess what........HEAVY SNOW now falling!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

For those of you in Birmingham... Precip is MEGA close now, could start snowing as soon as 1am in South Birmingham, it's almost here! May start snowing for me as soon as 1:15 the way the precip is carrying on.

Posted
Snow in North West Oxfordshire is good good news for Northants, Coventry, Birmingham, Warwickshire Leicester and Nottingham.

Hes really come good this season, last season he was plagued by injury and poor form and fitness. This season he has bagged 25 goals and there is still 3-4 months of the footy season to go!

Anyway... Walsall should be in for some snow within the next 40 minutes :)

Nice to see!! I really hope so, am I in the firing line? :D

Posted
For those of you in Birmingham... Precip is MEGA close now, could start snowing as soon as 1am in South Birmingham, it's almost here! May start snowing for me as soon as 1:15 the way the precip is carrying on.

Using words like MEGA in caps is seriously exciting. Im not sure I can take it anymore. I might just go to bed. The thing im worried about is if it all goes at 12pm 2moro. :D that will be sad

Posted
What are my chances for good snow here in Alsager between stoke and crewe?

the way things are going looks quite reasonable so far!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!
One more thing to add - someone on the other thread has made a VERY interesting point.

Apparently Wiltshire only had a 30% chance of snow according to GFS/NW, so the forecast was for sleet.

With this in mind; I think we can disregard the GFS at this point and stick to nowcasting. Looking very promising indeed for many areas :D

Southampton had 0%, from NW and southamptonweather.com but we had half an hour of reasonably heavy fat flakes at 10:45.

Hoping there'll be more if I'm a good girl and go to sleep :)

Kate

Posted

So seeing as the GFS has forecasted this badly, does mean the temperatures may not rise as has been mentioned, and the precipitation around the oxford area could stay as SNOW opposed to the sleety/rain rubbish??? :D:) (Please say yes!!!!) lol

Posted
Using words like MEGA in caps is seriously exciting. Im not sure I can take it anymore. I might just go to bed. The thing im worried about is if it all goes at 12pm 2moro. :D that will be sad

lololol I have been up and down all night ask these on here , thats what makes it fun, but it wont all go tomorrow we have the temps to keep it

cher

x

Posted

hey just seen your also in bham city cenre! where about?

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Well, I'm going to go to bed and leave you lovely snow chasers to radar watch for a few hours.

If it snows then wish me luck - I work in Ashby de la Zouch and anybody who knows this area will know that it has a micro climate; it snows there even in the middle of summer! :D

Posted

Well i told myself i was going to bed early tonight and wouldn't be sucked in by the snows charms :D but its got the better of me, so looks like ill be up for the next few hours.

Knocking on the door of south brum now so shouldn't be too long.

Posted

Thanks for doing that direct link to the pics NorthantsSnow - I couldn't get it to go directly to them.

Anyway - still nothing under the lampost here though the NW Radar shows it is sooo close so shouldn't be long now :wallbash: Still have the remnants of last nights 1 hour spectacular lying on grass and pavements so should give whatever does fall a good base...

Posted
hey just seen your also in bham city cenre! where about?

At the moment im about 10 mins from Broad street, in Newtown :wallbash: how about you?

Posted

when the snow will hit wolve's..? i m excited... hope i ll not be let down by the weather....

cheers

Posted

I am posting here because this thread is much more busy and Sheffield is counted as the North Midlands from time to time :wallbash:

Is it likely that the PPN will reach the south of Sheffield with at least a little bit of intensity intact? Even perhaps stalling slightly as the morning wears on?

I think this shunt eastwards means more favourable conditions for snow to fall as surely it means that the colder uppers from the weat have pushed further east :)

Good luck too all ! The ppn is not far away from many who are reading this thread ! :)

Posted

Just started to see a few flakes blowing in the wind here...

Still got a widespread unmelted inch here on the edge of town 90m up, and 2-3 inches in the shade. After braving Monday and Tuesday on the roads out of duty and making a 30 minute commute down country lanes into a 2 hour one, i'm ready for a day working at home.

Flippin' making me migrate from the more geographically correct thread that includes the East Midlands. I don't know Andy. Paf and piffle.

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted
lololol I have been up and down all night ask these on here , thats what makes it fun, but it wont all go tomorrow we have the temps to keep it

cher

x

what if it starts to do that miserable sleet thing? lol! Then it might leave us :wallbash: