Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
What do you think of my snowman? I know I'm a big kid but I couldn't give a toss! :D

post-5649-1233837586_thumb.jpg

Not too shabby I hope! :rolleyes:

HAHA :lol: very nice

Posted
What do you think of my snowman? I know I'm a big kid but I couldn't give a toss! :D

Better than the one my kids built at kingsthorpe rec. :D

Rang my family up north ,they have got nowt :lol:

Posted
This is so annoying...its snowing now but the flakes are tiny! Where are all the big flakes?

Nothing wrong with small flakes grains I suspect,had here all morning,it means it`s colder and from an easterly source along as the temp is below freezing like today-0.8c currently.

Anyway it`s heavier snow here at last. :rolleyes:

Only had an extra dusting since yesterday.

Posted
Light snow here too

Its those small flakes which have been around for most of the morning. More of them now though, I just hope we have 1 heavy snow shower, doubt we will see much else until next winter!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Awesome :lol: That is like mine that me and my mum built on Tuesday.

I'm going to give him a plug again :D

Snowing decently again here now, coming down in small flakes but coming down quite fast.

post-2115-1233838183_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
Well here all we had was tiny flakes all morning, i don't think they ever turned to proper flakes.

Not sure why maybe we were just too far on the western edge, always feared it was heading too far east when watching it track through France, hopefully tonights area will move west abit.

Have about 4cm but thats including the snow left over from monday, so pretty naff really. Most dissapointing when i thought we were in one of the best posistions and would see 10cm easily.

For some unknown reason the schools are shut again...

hi mate!! yes im from sedgley too - which usually gets some of the worst snow due to being on higher ground as you know, but this week has been a let down so far.

no more than 5-6cms max.

im 27 but can still remember the great snows of the past - especially in the 90s........we had more than this 2 years ago when it snowed in the afternoon

proper let down - been looking forward to a proper snowfall for ages now.........

there is now snow forecast for sunday :lol:

Edited by mozza81

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Nottingham is eagerly awaiting Leicester's snow shower!!! Please don't steal all of the snow!!! Radar, looks like its intensifying :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Grr Moderate Snow here but tiny flakes and doing absoloutley nothing.

Posted

:o Oh my! Its coming down thick and fast now! Looks like its getting worse(or better in my case). It doesnt look like a shower to me....yay! :lol:

Posted
HELL YEAH! Its snowing again! And its coming down fast! Bring it on!

yh im in brum too and its been snowing fast for 30 mins now no stick except to previous snow:)

Posted
yh im in brum too and its been snowing fast for 30 mins now no stick except to previous snow:)

Also can see fairly moderate snow fall with some fair sized flakes. I expected it to have moved on from my area by now cos the radar showed the heaviest passing but its seems to gave got more intense..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Also can see fairly moderate snow fall with some fair sized flakes. I expected it to have moved on from my area by now cos the radar showed the heaviest passing but its seems to gave got more intense..

You got good sized flakes?

OMG this event gets even worse for us...its still moderate tiny rubbish here.

Posted
Does anyone know if this is our last snow for the winter/spring or is there more on the cards?

There should be more snow on Sunday though it may turn to sleet/rain especially in the South of the region.

Posted
Does anyone know if this is our last snow for the winter/spring or is there more on the cards?

Impossible to say. But plenty of more opportunities for snow between now and Tuesday; beyond that, you wouldn't want to rule it out given the extreme winter we are having. There seems to be an underlying feeling among the experts on this forum that this could well just be a taster ahead of something even colder towards mid month/end of Feb. Might not happen of course, but it's rather interesting :lol:

Still, think we'd struggle to top this event for Northants with up to 18cm in places today. Always lovely when my username comes true, but this is just superb :o

Posted
Can confirm moderate snow for the last 20mins in Oldbury, Sandwell. The size of the flakes has increased also.

Good, only 3-5 Miles South West of You and we still have small flakes. :lol:

Posted

GENERAL SITUATION ACROSS THE UK

Frontal systems tied into low pressure to the south-west have introduced heavy falls of snow across parts of the Midlands. Warmer air has been introduced to the south-east, although this is unlikely to make significant in-roads across the UK. If anything, the boundary between the warm and cold air has the potential for further falls of snow with Northamptonshire sitting firmly within the battle ground.

FORECAST FOR NORTHAMPTONSHIRE

The county has woken up to an extensive blanket of snow. Up to 17cm of snow currently lies at Pitsford and transport across the county has largely ground to a halt. Only main roads are passable this morning and motorists are urged to take extreme caution with the best advice to stay at home and avoid unnecessary journeys. The heaviest of the snow has cleared the county towards Lincolnshire, although there will remain the potential for further snow or sleet showers throughout the day, these tending to be light. Temperatures today will climb to just 1C with a mainly light north-easterly breeze. Overnight lows will fall to around freezing. Snow showers will continue overnight becoming heavier later.

OUTLOOK

We are looking at the potential for another heavy fall of snow once again tomorrow morning across the county. A further 5 to 10cm could be possible and travel may well be disrupted once again. The snow will gradually clear south-eastwards during the day with much of the afternoon and evening staying dry with even the possibility of some sunshine coming through. Highs during the day will reach just 1C. However, with the clear skies will be a hard frost overnight. As lows fall to -3C ice will become a real danger. As for the weekend it should stay mostly dry across the county, any further falls of snow confined to the east coast. There will be some good spells of sunshine, moreso through Saturday as the region comes under the influence of a ridge of high pressure. Highs will climb to around 2 or 3C with another hard frost expected overnight Saturday. As a band of rain works eastwards into Monday morning we could see further wintry showers and the potential for further snow for short while.

http://www.brixworth.demon.co.uk/updates/weather7.htm