Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch Thread For London, Ea & Se England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Showing signs of stopping and becoming sleety but has left a covering , think I'm too far south for this to stay as snow.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, blizzards, thunder snow, thunder and lightning, heat waves, tornadoes

Snowing and settling in Braintree. Not sure how long it will last though. Medium sized flakes.

Posted

still nothing here in thanet, just good old rain. I have now got to the point of not expecting anything this winter this far east of the county. Carol kirkwood on breakfast has just said that we are not finished with the cold just yet, does that mean that there is an end in sight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Turned back to rain here, might return later though. You guys north of London look ok though.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Snowing here. and settling, was big flakes, now normal size covering on cars,roofs, roads.. and whats net-weather radar showing.. rain. you sure sure that bloody things working??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
still nothing here in thanet, just good old rain. I have now got to the point of not expecting anything this winter this far east of the county. Carol kirkwood on breakfast has just said that we are not finished with the cold just yet, does that mean that there is an end in sight?

The temp here has dropped from 0.9c to 0c and its a blizzard

Maybe some colder air still needs to push south ?

One bit of hope the rain will be good for the tomatoes ?

Posted

Snowing heavily here again in Royston, to add to the snow and ice from the last two events. Plus we had freezing fog last night...I enjoy winter and snow I really do, but struggling to work everyday is becoming a pain. Hopefully it will last into the weekend and then I can enjoy it.. :)

Posted

steady wet snow in stanmore nw london after early sleet/rain

pretty impressed, the ground is completely nope - still swearingd, i reckon we could see major flooding at some point depending how the weather plays out

Posted

Well it is pouring with rain here in Norwich. If I were unaware of events in other parts of the country, this week would have been a typical winters week - cold, damp and uneventful - dare I say boring......I think I had my snow quota on 21 - 23 Nov when we got 7-8 cms..... happy days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Had a brief snow shower here too even though precip is showing as rain on the NW radar.

I think Croydon council will feel a bit silly now, the barely 1 mm covering we had is not going to be troubling anyone me thinks this morning. The radar shows clear skies behind us and precip heading North so gonna be a quiet morning.

This afternoon, we will have to wait and see how that pans out.

Posted

looks like a lot of forcasters got this one pretty wrong. hell of a lot of angry people in devon ringing met office and complaining according to news. :)

I dont think we may see snow till later in the day as it travels further down the channel, That system is travelling way too slow,

Posted

Heard thunder a few times around 6am. Woke up to a horrible sleety snowy mess on the ground. A slight covering on the grass and cars but very wet. Now sleeting. What an anticlimax for somewhere supposedly directly in the firing line. Most of the schools in Bucks are shut following advice from the County Council but there seems to be no reason for that now - unless something might come later?