Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
Yes. Snowing heavier now in Stoke Gifford; at last, it's starting to settle. Guess temps have dropped a couple of degrees. Chelt/Glos posse - looking better now! :crazy:

temp dropping...1,8 last night when we had the heavy snow.......at present 1.9

just going to check again outside

Posted

I simply cannot believe that 3 miles north, west and east to me have received snow and we have not had a single flake How can this be??? I must have done something really bad in a previous life to deserve this.

Posted

Breaking news on the BBC News channel

100 motorists stuck in "heavy and sudden snow" on A38 near Exeter

Can see it clearly on the radar; some intense looking cells around that area.

Posted

looking better but still not pure snow....still slightly wet...but instead off shooting straight down its floating more.so Im sort off confident things will change at some point

Posted
3 hours of hard and heavy snow here ,i,ve not seen anything like for years down here in south somerset

Lets hope that snow drifts west, To help cover our wet roads and paths ;)

:D

Posted
looking better but still not pure snow....still slightly wet...but instead off shooting straight down its floating more.so Im sort off confident things will change at some point

Dogs...v.heavy snow now here. Settling nicely. It will be with you guys v.soon.

Posted
Dogs...v.heavy snow now here. Settling nicely. It will be with you guys v.soon.

i will have my 10 th caffeine coated coffee to keep my eyes working...lol

Posted
The main event isnt even here yet and i have nearly a foot of laying snow on mendips already but alot of that is from last 2 snow events but my god it could be amazing in hour or so!

ill post pics later

Good Evening Peeps!!!

Bonjour to everyone....

Mullender - are the conditions up there really that bad?

I work near you, and have struggled all week to get into work as i have to go up over cheddar gorge!!!

Tuesday was bad when i got stuck in a snow storm between green ore and cheddar gorge!!!!

Been snowing here near Cheddar at the foot of the mendips coming up to 2 hours - the surfaces were wet, but now starting to stick....

is it me or is the front slowing down? hopefully in for another few hours of snow before work time!

Posted
seems like Bristol will end up in that gap between the two heavy areas of ppn.

What makes you think that bristol? Quite heavy here now and at last, it's settling. Heavier band yet to hit i guess.

Posted
I simply cannot believe that 3 miles north, west and east to me have received snow and we have not had a single flake How can this be??? I must have done something really bad in a previous life to deserve this.

that makes two of us :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
seems like Bristol will end up in that gap between the two heavy areas of ppn.

Im in a gap at the moment but i wouldnt worry just yet as long as it veers east/south east a bit later

Posted

Well Im not sure if we're bang in the middle of this event but its been snowing very heavily here now for an hour and a half and i reckon weve got 5 or 6 cm lying snow and its still trousering it down

Temp steady at 0.4

Crazy night!

Will Young on question time! :D

No it's pre-recorded. I've watched a programme about them doing it. News 24 have just updated and changed things considerably: a line from north Devon up the M4 corridor incl Salisbury Plain across the Chilterns. To the south of that line mainly wintry mix, but then this will all slide away south-east with cold digging in behind.

Even heavier snow here now - astonishing sight. Dartmoor and Exmoor must be incredible. This is very heavy.

Send it this way!

Wow, take a look at the ones around Taunton:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/somerset/webcams/came...on=bbc_new_west

Refresh to see the other camera.

Crikey!

Good Evening Peeps!!!

Bonjour to everyone....

Mullender - are the conditions up there really that bad?

I work near you, and have struggled all week to get into work as i have to go up over cheddar gorge!!!

Tuesday was bad when i got stuck in a snow storm between green ore and cheddar gorge!!!!

Been snowing here near Cheddar at the foot of the mendips coming up to 2 hours - the surfaces were wet, but now starting to stick....

is it me or is the front slowing down? hopefully in for another few hours of snow before work time!

Welcome to Netweather!

I've just eaten some cheddar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

About an inch of wet, compact snow in Exeter now. It's rather like Ian Brown's description of the Midlands event of 23 January 1984- bursts of heavy snow interspersed with light sleet. It may well thaw a bit overnight as warmer air comes up from the south, but should accumulate tomorrow.

Regardless of how much settles in Exeter I think there will be a good 6-8 inches up on Dartmoor by the end of tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Turning sleety here now :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder
im not joking i think bristol runway having problems this plane has been circling for 30 mins now

I looked at the airport website and at least one plane has been diverted.