Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

When Will You Get Tired Of The Snow ?

stewfox

Posted

That's it - I'm done.

Just walked 2 miles down the hill to dig out my car that was determined not to go up a 14% hill at 10pm last night in a blizzard !! I'm wet, cold & can't feel my toes. Bored with snowmen, sledging and gritting the lanes cos the Council can't be bothered.

Oh to see a daffodil !! Roll on spring............. :(:(

Posted
Im not going to get fed up of the Snow but im fed up of everything missing here, not a single forecast has been properly right here in terms of Snow.

The forecasters go bantering at were going to be worst hit with inches of the stuff and then when it actually comes, the heaviest is to the east of us and we barely get a couple of cm's.

But you got the snow though! :(

As Blizzards says, I'm getting really annoyed at the forecasts recently. That's almost 4 events in the past week where initially we were to get heavy snow, but as it got closer to the event we eventually got heavy rain instead and not a whiff of snow!

Another thing that annoys me is when the BBC mention about the southeast getting a dumping. 2 examples could be the 2nd Feb 2009 and 28 Oct 2008. Yes London got a dumping, we only had a couple of inches! And October the snow was confined to the north of London, the real southeast did not see any at all! :(

Posted

I will NEVER get tired of snow. :(

Getting up even earlier in the morning for work to clear the snow off the car....pah!

Having to clear it again when I go back to work every evening.....pah!

Having to clear the drive, pavement and footpath so I can get the car on the drive.....pah!

Having to trudge 2 miles, twice, through snow and frozen slush taking my car to the garage when it had problems last week....pah!

Higher heating bills? Put some more clothes on!

For me, the absolutely breathtaking beauty and magic of it outweighs all of the inconvenience.

I LOVE SNOW :( .