Hot?
IGNORED

A Very British Storm Junkie

Posted

Shameless plug :winky:

A Very British Storm Junkie Thursday 12 February

9:00pm - 10:00pm

Channel 4

Documentary about Stuart Robinson's unusual hobby. By day, Stuart is an IT consultant but in his spare time he is a fanatical storm chaser, traveling the globe to witness the awesome power of nature first hand.

VIDEO Plus+: 4473

Subtitled

This is mainly Hurricane / Typhoon stuff that I have seen- but there is a bit of Tornado interest (USA) in there.

Edited by Stuart Robinson

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
Shameless plug :winky:

A Very British Storm Junkie Thursday 12 February

9:00pm - 10:00pm

Channel 4

Documentary about Stuart Robinson's unusual hobby. By day, Stuart is an IT consultant but in his spare time he is a fanatical storm chaser, traveling the globe to witness the awesome power of nature first hand.

VIDEO Plus+: 4473

Subtitled

This is mainly Hurricane / Typhoon stuff that I have seen- but there is a bit of Tornado interest (USA) in there.

I followed a lot of your chases last year Stu on live streaming so thanks for bringing this to our attention. Can't wait for the program!

c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
I followed a lot of your chases last year Stu on live streaming so thanks for bringing this to our attention. Can't wait for the program!

c

Same here, a few late nights up watching those chases.

I'll certainly be watching this :winky:

Posted

Check out http://www.channel4.com/programmes/a-very-...sh-storm-junkie :D

"Based in Leicestershire with long-suffering fiancée Alison, Stuart Robinson's interest in storms was sparked by the 90s Hollywood blockbuster, Twister. He saw his first tornado in 1998 and, over the last ten years, storm chasing has become a full-blown obsession for Stuart - he's chased 30 tornados and six hurricanes so far. But last year he set himself the ultimate storm chaser's goal of experiencing the eye of a monster hurricane for himself, where the 150mph-plus winds, capable of flattening buildings, drop to a dead calm. It's something few people would do through choice, and which promises serious personal danger. To achieve this holy grail he must defeat the odds, defy the authorities and runs the risk of stormy weather on the home front as his wedding to Alison approaches."

stormjunkieS.jpg

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Saw a trailer for this last week and instantly recognized you from last years 'live streaming'

and the odd interview on extreme weather in the uk, will definately be watchin...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Will be watching, looks brill you even got the Radio Times pick of the day!

Edited by James M

Posted

Something which may be worth watching, just seen the advert for it this evening and looks pretty good.

Based in Leicestershire with long-suffering fiancée Alison, Stuart Robinson's interest in storms was sparked by the 90s Hollywood blockbuster, Twister.

He saw his first tornado in 1998 and, over the last ten years, storm chasing has become a full-blown obsession for Stuart - he's chased 30 tornados and six hurricanes so far.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/a-very-...sh-storm-junkie

Posted

Does he have any affiliations with NW? like the guy on here who had his documentary series on last year, (think his name was paul?) that was shown on virgin tv.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

There's a thread here set up by the man himself. http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=53162

Does he have any affiliations with NW? like the guy on here who had his documentary series on last year, (think his name was paul?) that was shown on virgin tv.

He is a member on here but I think mainly posts on another forum UKweatherworld.

Posted

Have you got 4oD? I think they might upload it on there.

Posted

Hello Cookie,

In the film is my intercept of Typhoon Karoa (Tiawian) and Hurricane Gustav (USA) this is *some* tornado stuff in there - but not much as I was keene to keep away from the "run of the mill" tornado weather type programe as there has been loads of them in the past.

We missed the eye in Krosa but got the eye square on under Gustave - there is a clip of myself in the outer eyewall of Gustav - visabiltiy is ZERO and it is really intense - compare this to the eye itself where there is not even a ripple on the puddles.

I hope that you enjouy it - I enjoyed making the production.

Posted

Saw the trailer for this programme yesterday, looks really good with some dramatic footage and even a 'on the phone domestic' :doh: .

I really hope the programme hasn't been edited in such a way that your 'money shot' is right at the end of the programme when in reality it possibly didn't happen at the end (Mr Sherman knows what I mean).

Posted

Looking forward to this. A good appearance on "This Morning" yesterday morning by Stuart as well, and it was good to see the presenters taking a serious interest in the subject.