Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

I should imagine all levels, but the problem is between 5pm and 6pm this evening warmer air is due to sweep in from the west which may well turn any showers back to rain. Areas at 200-300m + may see the showers stay as snow for longer.

** Any showers between now and 5pm will be snow to all levels - this will vary for coastal areas**

The NW radar shows some heavy showers heading my way in about 15mins.

Edited by Snowmad79

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)
I should imagine all levels, but the problem is between 5pm and 6pm this evening warmer air is due to sweep in from the west which may well turn any showers back to rain. Areas at 200-300m + may see the showers stay as snow for longer.

** Any showers between now and 5pm will be snow to all levels - this will vary for coastal areas**

hi mate ive not been of for a bit?is it meant to snow or something then turn to rain?cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

i am in south manchester at moment so will look o radar now to see whats coming!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!
hi mate ive not been of for a bit?is it meant to snow or something then turn to rain?cheers

Dunno mate, wasnt long ago that I heard about meto warnings so I checked the charts and radar and it does look likely :pardon: any showers we get between now and 5pm will be snow and after that time I expect them to turn back to rain.

Hopefully we'll get something good today before we return to the milder muck for a week.

** Ooops my bad, the damned NW future radar seems to be advancing the showers way too fast , so except for the north of the region and coastal areas .. no ppn for us in the south eastern part yet LOL**

Edited by Snowmad79

Posted
Dunno mate, wasnt long ago that I heard about meto warnings so I checked the charts and radar and it does look likely :pardon: any showers we get between now and 5pm will be snow and after that time I expect them to turn back to rain.

Hopefully we'll get something good today before we return to the milder muck for a week.

ah right nice one, the unexpected ones are the best, shame it has to go mild

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

some heavy snow showing up on radar east of manchester, the whole thing doesnt seem to be moving anywhere? Glitch?

Posted
Eh snow?? when this happen? Any chance of it making down to south manchester lower levels or is this a hill only event?

doesnt appear to be really heading our way much unless things change

Posted
OMG latest bbc forecast has rain over the whole of NW England. :(

lol, its gone right past us now!

Posted
Where the hell is it :(

Should of had snow since 6.30 accroding to NW radar

lol tell me about it!!

Posted
It's all over i think the Precip has moved further East than expected. Metoffice have now removed there orange warning for Cumbria, and replaced it with a light yellow :cc_confused:

To be honest, the Met Office have been totally caught out by this. I saw yesterday's lunchtime BBC 1 broadcast and it was nothing like what is happening now. I was expecting it to become increasingly cloudy but mainly dry for here. NE England was expected to stay reasonably sunny until early afternoon.

Manchester latest TAF

Becoming

from 12 at 12 UTC to 12 at 15 UTC

Visibility 4000 m

Broken clouds at a height of 1400 ft

light snow and mist

Probability 40%

from 12 at 12 UTC to 12 at 18 UTC

Visibility 1400 m

Broken clouds at a height of 400 ft

snow

Probability 40%

from 12 at 18 UTC to 13 at 04 UTC

Visibility 0300 m

Overcast at a height lower than 100 ft

fog

Edited by Mr_Data

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Rain all the way here I'm afraid when the follow on drizzle reaches us. Currently 3.4C with a dewpoint of 1.8C

It's warmer here than Prestatyn, Liverpool, Hawarden and even Rhos-on-sea - that's not normal :)