Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted
Snow has now stopped and left a dusting. :)

More than i was expecting really.

Over one hour of heavy snow has left a dusting?

Shouldn't one hour of heavy snow have deposited 2-5cm of fresh snow or something?

Posted
Over one hour of heavy snow has left a dusting?

Shouldn't one hour of heavy snow have deposited 2-5cm of fresh snow or something?

The ground was to wet. To be honest i think it must of started as rain or there was rain or sleet before the main snow shower band.

Edited by Thunder Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!
i think they can be closed now to be honest its looking like that might be it until the next time ice age/!!! :D:):):) :lol:

Posted
:D

I wont hold my breath TS!!! :D

wasn't it diane oxbury going for snow this morning?

Ive had my snow this morning mate :yahoo::D:D

And to be honest it is only likely to effect Far Northern England and Scotland

Edited by Thunder Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!
Im not im just saying its a possibility.

and winning the euro jackpot on friday is a possibilty too.... :yahoo: . Think ill watch the 06z gfs come out before I say wether i think it might or might not. Low 850s do sweep down again between now and tonight but thats to be expected with this ecroaching northerly .. wonder where that HP to the south is heading on this run ?

LMAO by the time that ppn does it dance around our perhiferary (or however you spell) into scotland, it looks like well be under mild air before the ppn sinks southwards .. lol were in for a good soaking tomorrow i reakon.

Edited by Snowmad79

Posted
:yahoo:

what a bloody joke this is!

Went to bed with a dusting woke up its all gone and its drizzling.

roll on summer its too late in the seasom now for proper snow anyway

Quite often there is a snowy spell at the end of February. Once, I was snowed in on Feb 25th ... my missus was in labour, so I remember it well.

Often have snowy Easters too. Remember hitting a blizzard on the A55 to North Wales, going on a day out at the sea-side.

And finally, I remember the Derbys v Yorks cricket match report at Buxton reading "Snow stopped play".

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

rain showers all morning!

A minimum temperature of 2.1C

Our local BBC weather forecast really struggles doesn't it?

Currently 5.4C with intermittent rain showers!

Posted
rain showers all morning!

A minimum temperature of 2.1C

Our local BBC weather forecast really struggles doesn't it?

Currently 5.4C with intermittent rain showers!

Yes indeed, theymentioned 1-2 cms just about anywhere! At the same time, the national bbc forecast was talking about light rain or sleet with hill snow.

Karyo

Posted

Well my local bbc was spot on to be honest, i had the snow showers and they left a thick dusting.

I think Northern England and Scotland will see some snow tomorrow night, turning heavy at times. This is likely to turn to rain fairly quickly. Marking the end to the cold spell ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry summers, chilly winters
Quite often there is a snowy spell at the end of February. Once, I was snowed in on Feb 25th ... my missus was in labour, so I remember it well.

Often have snowy Easters too. Remember hitting a blizzard on the A55 to North Wales, going on a day out at the sea-side.

And finally, I remember the Derbys v Yorks cricket match report at Buxton reading "Snow stopped play".

Sorry to be a pedant but that was Lancashire v Derbys, and it was the first time clive lloyd ever saw snow. It happened in June 1975.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry and cold...

Hey Snowingtequila, how's the snow further up. From the office, the Peak District looked nicely white although the snow line has gone up a bit?

Posted
Sorry to be a pedant but that was Lancashire v Derbys, and it was the first time clive lloyd ever saw snow. It happened in June 1975.

I was 2/3 right :D Derbys v Lancs June 2nd 1975 .. Buxton.

Posted
Hey Snowingtequila, how's the snow further up. From the office, the Peak District looked nicely white although the snow line has gone up a bit?

Snowcover still just hanging on in Macclesfield hills but a bit patchy, very patchy cover in Macclesfield itself now, just a light cover on the fields. Not been further than Tegg's Nose today although it looks still white further up I guess it has thawed there as well to some degree. A lack of real frosts at night lately.

Posted

Not expecting to see any snow here tomorrow, ground above say 300m will get some though. Better prospects to the east of the Pennines, just like last night- not sure whether we did have any snow falling, however, it was exceptionally icy, I nearly slipped twice due to the black ice- caught many unawares.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry and cold...

Let's hope it hangs a few more days so I can enjoy yet another walk in the snow at the week-end...I guess I'll have to aim for the higher parts, Bleaklow or Kinder Scout.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

minus 8 on shap now maybe hit minus 10 or 11 by morning! minus 2.8 here brrrr!

Edited by james12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

Showing METO advisory for heavy snow today.............lower levels or above 10000000ft?