Hi Hail Sezier,

Off topic.

I am a long life Joy Division fan but my favourites are:

1. Decades

2. Heart & Soul

3. Atmosphere

4. LOve Will Tear Us Apart

5. Isolation.

As you can see I am a bit of a 'Closer' fan.

30 years on and I still cant forget Joy Division.

Andy

No wonder people are so pessimistic on this thread. Go play some Tatu and get over it! :)

Posted
No wonder people are so pessimistic on this thread. Go play some Tatu and get over it! :)
It's a North West thing, misery and gloom! Back to tonight, chances of snow I would say are 40% for North Lancs to see a cm or two, the rest of us fingers crossed!

Posted
It's a North West thing, misery and gloom! Back to tonight, chances of snow I would say are 40% for North Lancs to see a cm or two, the rest of us fingers crossed!

I should know that being from Macclesfield! There seems to be a lot of uncertainty tonight. Not sure why they seemed so definite on the northwest forecast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

cant see much happening on the radar to get us excited in cumbria.....the band over scotland has moved into the north sea

Posted
From which direction?

Its ment to be coming in from the west a weather front, that pushes into Scotland, didnt fink it wud affect NW england though :)

Posted

I'm going to stop in this thread,our thread is dead :) Most of the west midlanders are not playing out tonight. :) while we in the east midlands still have bucket loads.

Fingers crossed Bolton gets some snow tonight :) sick to death having my nephew and niece asking if they can come down. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
From which direction?

From the sky :)

Posted

not giving up hope for snow for winter 2009 here just yet...as the heaviest falls of snow have happened in march in some recent years......5/6ft drifts in the spring lol

12th march 2006, the snow was also a foot deep at sea level

Edited by james12

Posted

not giving up hope for snow for winter 2009 here just yet...as the heaviest falls of snow have happened in march in some recent years......

Excellent pics!!!!!

Posted
Excellent pics!!!!!

this was an easterly setup with a LP moving in from the west creating severe southerly gales the front was stalled with the mild atlantic air still way over ireland the last memorable snow event here anyway!

Posted
this was an easterly setup with a LP moving in from the west creating severe southerly gales the front was stalled with the mild atlantic air still way over ireland the last memorable snow event here anyway!

The only time i've seen snow like that was 1979 on the moors above bolton.

Posted

No more phantom Polar Lows forecast for tonight is there? You know the one's that always seems to be on the way, but never actually get's here. :D

I can't see us getting any snow from now until the end of the week - but they are talking about a possible reload for the end of Feb.

Posted
The only time i've seen snow like that was 1979 on the moors above bolton.

these pics were about 3 miles from the coast

Posted

The only time i've seen snow like that was in 1979 on the moors above Bolton. places like Belmont were cut off for a week :)

Edit: double post :o

Edited by Lancs_Northants

Posted

snow plough stuck!!

Posted

Here are my thoughts on tonight

As we move towards the evening hours, it will be a mostly clear and frosty night towards the South. Although further North there is still some snow, but not anything significant. Snow showers will continue to effect Eastern Scotland for a time, there could be 2-5cm of snow here, with alittle more over higher ground. Towards the North and North-West of Scotland, there is a front that will begin to make its way South into Northern England. Giving a further covering of 1-2cm in places. Towards Northern Ireland there is some beefy wintry showers, but this should begin to die away, towards mid-night. The front I mentioned earlier will begin its journey South-wards fizzling out as it does, giving a covering of 1-2cm in places. (very locally). To see more, see my sig.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

in this part of the region,the biggest difference with the current winter compared to most of the last 20 or so has been the number of days with lying snow.

it's never been overly deep but has stuck around fo many days.

we still have snow in the garden from last weeks fall and that was topped up from the previous week.

the remnants from the falls of early December lasted until the week before Christmas.

the only reasonably mild spells have been the few days leading up to Christmas - thankfully so when we had no gas and a couple of periods during January.

so whatever the final inquest on this winter; one thing is for sure - it's been a cold one and it's not over yet.

maybe still a final throw or two of the dice for us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)
snowing hard here, but just a passing shower looking at radar.

lol snap.cheers for that, not looked in ages!!!nice one

Posted

snow plough stuck!!

Hello James, where in West Cumbria are you from? I was working in Wales when that Blizzard hit, I returned home and there was huge drifts all over the place and big piles next to the roads, had some excellent if rather hairy walks on the fells too.

Posted
shame just passing shower, the roads are white again in 5 mins

yeah white here too lol, still snowin but lots of tiny flakes..that made my night hehe :)

Posted
hopefully we might get a few more. :)

would be nice, i ride a motorbike to work so if we get much more i have an excuse to turn in a bit later lol