Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Upcoming 'hot' Spell

Posted

Temperatures probably likely to range around 27-29 degree mark in favoured south western parts of the country and west midlands, hotspots Severn Valley area, Bristol area and infamous Lee on Solent which always seems to do well when there is a high to the NE. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Highlands do very well once again like in late May.

As for the magic 30 degrees will have to wait and see, much will depend on whether we pull in a warmer south easterly airflow or whether we just keep a more direct easterly flow from Scandanvia, N Germany area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
I think it is true to say that the GFS appears to be following the ECM with a slightly cooler ENE airflow rather than an ESE one.

I think some of the circa 30C expectations on here may be a little optimistic - no doubt though that it is going to be a very pleasant week and with warm temps and a refreshing easterly breeze as opposed to stagnant stifling heat for many it will be better for it as far as I am concerned. 25C looks nearer the mark imo with strong sunshine. Maybe a 27C further west.

The hot temps and humidity are a good trade off for big thunderstorms and downpours instead of blistering sunshine to accompany it - but that can hopefully develop with time

i agree nssc,

it depends on direction and theres always room for error from models,

they do predict a very warm spell and as pressure moves about it could get cooler or hotter,

but i go for 28c max somewhere in the uk next week :o

Posted
Well GFS 00Z is not showing anything above 25C for the next week.

But the GFS always undercooks the maximum temperatures, most forecasters are able to adjust these temps & suggest a more likely outcome, even so there will always be a couple of spots that reach a few degrees higher even than those...

Posted
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008
Well GFS 00Z is not showing anything above 25C for the next week.
But the GFS always undercooks the maximum temperatures, most forecasters are able to adjust these temps & suggest a more likely outcome, even so there will always be a couple of spots that reach a few degrees higher even than those...

Spot on Sunny, I too think GFS is being overly pessimistic on temps for next week, this has frequently been the case in summer.

I'm sticking by my call of 27C for mid next week, very possibly in my festival hotspot in mid Somerset! :D:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

I think 27-29C is a good bet, maybe higher if the wind can shift slightly to a SE direction

Posted

Well I've heard the BBC have said this could be the 'hottest' spell of the year so far. However, I think here in Berkshire and London will see temperatures equal to or a notch less than those recorded in the late May/early June warm spell. Just this feeling I have as I'm hearing so much about a NE flow and a bit of cloud around and the SW being warmest.....

The SW, I think will be warmer than it was in the late May/early June spell. Nothing over 29c though!

Edited by hotsummer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

Possibly a 29c in the SE, although I think this hot spell will be relatively short-lived. After which there are indications there will be a fair few thunderstorms around, then it will probably be around average again. Oh well.

Posted

I think, as is usually the case more often than not will see Heathrow record the highest temperature with around the 29ºc mark by Tuesday/Wednesday next week.

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

30.2C at London Gatwick

Posted

I'm going to go for 27-28C during the middle of next week, somewhere in the Midlands/North Wales area.

Edited by Koppite

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I don't think it will ever become hot ( as in 28c+ ) this coming week, a max' of perhaps 24 or 25c somewhere in the south west Midlands later in the week. Early in the week there will be too much cloud and after Wednesday the E/NE breeze will temper any heat across most of the Midlands and eastern England.

Posted

There won`t be no heatwave I agree with TM too much anticylonic gloom to begin with,then once the east wind comes it will be similar to late May/early June but 1c higher to then as of the longer daylight.

Posted

i think the highest temps will come at the end of the week as the breeze drops out with a bigger continental influence. somewhere in 'unreliable sunshine' will reach 28c at least.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

It will warm up substantially, up to 29c late in the week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
I don't think it will ever become hot ( as in 28c+ ) this coming week, a max' of perhaps 24 or 25c somewhere in the south west Midlands later in the week. Early in the week there will be too much cloud and after Wednesday the E/NE breeze will temper any heat across most of the Midlands and eastern England.

broad agreement, but im not expecting much cloud after tuesday, so temps upto 28c somewhere by thursday and broadly mid 20's for most.

BUT

if the airflow swings even slightly to the south giving us a 'south of east' flow then temps will soar.

Posted

I'm not convinced now looking at the models that this hot spell not going to be as hot as they said its going to Be about

25 -27 for a couple of days down here then huge thunder storms by friday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Oh typical, slap bang in the middle of my 8 days on- and off from Friday for a long weekend. Bet it's like last time. Finish the 8 days and the weather broke down. At least I may get to storm watch on Friday :rolleyes:

I'll take anything upto 23c down here anything more and it's hard to work in.

Posted
My completely random guess: 30.1 at Wisley on Monday, June 29th.

Looking at the latest 12z GFS I think I can still have some optimism about my guess :rofl: