Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion 26th June >>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Distant rumbles of thunder here. :)

Posted
HUGE CELLS TO SOUTH OF SOUTH BUCKS: Berkshire - South West London area some ENORMOUS cells to the south here one with an anvil forming it looks a whopper another just towering miles.

There have to be some storms around me in the next few hours there is just so much convection taking place right now.

Tell me about it but nothing is happening

Posted

its really kicking of for us all now! lots of rumbling of thunder here in redditch now skies are gradually getting darker! :doh:

Posted

Tommy yes that is the same one West of here I referred to just a short moment ago. Its huge, great sight.

Huge Cumulonimbus going up to my west, over Luton/Hemel way! Looks like it's going to burst any moment. Also a decent looking dark cloud to my south, over London way. Overhead appears to be an anvil although I can't see from here!

EDIT: I could swear it looks like it's raining over to the east too, is the radar slightly offset today? :doh:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
:o :o i am seriously moving house!! :doh:

it's like living in N. Korea here :lol:

Do you drive? , if not you should get someone to do a storm chase with you :)

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Winds picking up here now and swirling about in all directions, clouds at different heights all moving in oposite directions. Somethings definately going on. Im wondering if the comments earlier about a surface low developing over kent are true. Unusual for such a large area to suddenly see such explosive convection. Somethings triggered it no doubt.

Latest MET radars out, cells exploding into life over the whole midlands and SE.

Edited by SnowJoke

Posted
:o :o i am seriously moving house!! :doh:

it's like living in N. Korea here :lol:

It seems like a convergence zone has set up on the southern Greater London border, can anyone confirm this?

second rumble of distant thunder - If you look at the difference between the 1600 and 1630 met office radar it is evident that something has definitely happened.

Edited by morfius

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Argh its all around me again and looks like it going to miss!!!!

Oh what a world...

/jelious

Posted

It`s gone very cloudy now with cumulus all merging and some dark bases about,beyond that to the east looks a more impressive orange cumulus cloud,something maybe about to pop off in the form of showers to start with soon around here,20.7c now

Posted

Just taken the views in all directions around the Medway towns - didn't see or hear anything, but towers are shooting up in all directions. GFS reckons the best is yet to come (assuming temps hold out) so maybe try again later .... :doh:

Posted

Clear skies over Winchester apart from a great view of an anvilhead to the north, must be the cell over Reading looking at the radar

Posted
Huge Cumulonimbus going up to my west, over Luton/Hemel way! Looks like it's going to burst any moment. Also a decent looking dark cloud to my south, over London way. Overhead appears to be an anvil although I can't see from here!

EDIT: I could swear it looks like it's raining over to the east too, is the radar slightly offset today? :doh:

yes definately looking better for potential edit ; rain from nowhere

Edited by remymartin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

There are towers everywhere - huge well developed ones over W London, new towers to my N, NW, overhead and looks like SSW!

What with these and all the warplanes/jets I dont know where to look lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Wow, what a day! The structue is amazing here. Fresh towers shooting (and I mean that most literally) up to my west. Old cell losing power to my east.

Oh and I've just made a margerita slush puppy with my ice cream maker and lit the BBQ.

Great days!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

I really want to go on a chase today, but there doesn't seem to be anything going on around here! I should've known it would all go wrong when we were included in the weather warning lol! On the plus side its muggy and the sun is out, and the clouds I can actually see through the haze look to be bubbling nicely!

bb

Posted

Very large raindrops here. I can here that cell rumbling nicely over you Jshaw, it sounds fairly active. I can see a well defined inflow belt which shows a strong updraft.

Posted

Haven't had the chance to see any thing out the window yet but will look out in a few moments......

I'm guessing there is development around this area then?

Posted
Haven't had the chance to see any thing out the window yet but will look out in a few moments......

I'm guessing there is development around this area then?

take a look saint its looking good