Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/Convective Discussion

Posted
I know its off topic but it is lightening the mood in here after what is considered a massive let down Neil!

:lol:

yes sorry neil but you need a sense of humour with our weather

Posted
Cold Front making Progress!! :lol:

post-24-1246564470_thumb.jpg

:lol: :lol:

Sorry people my Cold Front storm as arrived.I am the only one in the Uk with a monster storm.

Must turn PC off lightning every 20 mins

this is huge...about 2 miles wide

Edited by dogs32

Imagine if the cold front did stop entirely. Then us central and easterners would keep the heat giving us renewed chance of thunderstorms for the next couple of days.

That said it will move east eventually tonight/tomorrow, so wishful thinking.

Also, the person in this thread who keeps bashing the Met Office on every post, it really is getting tiresome now. Yes they haven't forecasted todays events that well, but neither have many other sites, yet I only see criticism for the Met Office, which is unfair, and quite pathetic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

:lol: :lol:

Sorry people my Cold Front storm as arrived.I am the only one in the Uk with a monster storm.

Must turn PC off lightning every 20 mins

this is huge...about 2 miles wide

Wow, every 20 minutes. Why go to the US storm chasing when you can see something like that from your own back yard? :lol:

Posted
Wow, every 20 minutes. Why go to the US storm chasing when you can see something like that from your own back yard? :lol:

you know how are the presenter's going present themselves tomorrow if the Cold front is still in the same place :lol:

Posted

Actually yeah that would be cool (no punt intended) But no cold front for another day and heat up to 31 again should trigger a monster off.

Posted

Early Warning.

Beware of the chances of extended heatwave as this cold front strugles to make its way east.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by weathercoxy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
Imagine if the cold front did stop entirely. Then us central and easterners would keep the heat giving us renewed chance of thunderstorms for the next couple of days.

That said it will move east eventually tonight/tomorrow, so wishful thinking.

Also, the person in this thread who keeps bashing the Met Office on every post, it really is getting tiresome now. Yes they haven't forecasted todays events that well, but neither have many other sites, yet I only see criticism for the Met Office, which is unfair, and quite pathetic.

As you are undoubtedly referring to me, might I point out that I am not merely referring to todays inaccurate forecast but also to the numerous inaccurate warnings they put out over the past several days.

Oh and kindly keep the "pathetic" remarks to yourself!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Breaking News:

post-6797-1246565839_thumb.jpg

Posted

you know I would really truly would love to know what went wrong........I know no one can answer that as they would of predicted this accurately..

Still with all tech equipment we still havent mastered the weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Come on now people play nice!! :lol: Don't want another mod bashing!!

I expect a new thread to be opened if this cold front miraculously produces - there'll be so many apologies going up :lol:

Posted

Looks like the cooler air will be shoving its way in from the South behind a line of storms rather than in from the West.

Perhaps the main cold front will become warm/occluded and start wrapping Westwards round the low centre. :lol:

Edited by jshaw

Posted

Still optimistic about the MCS developing further and extending across the Channel by about 11 pm, peaking around 0200.

Satellite imagery loop shows that small low on the front actually swerving northeast past two hours. There already is a developing MCS over northeast France, one station north of Paris reported 70 mms of rain in one hour.

Meanwhile, I remain less than optimistic about chances for development along the main frontal band edging east, but it could at least get slightly more active after midnight in phase with the MCS.

The better dynamics long-term are later Friday when the stuff west of Ireland swings through, this could give some better thunderstorm potential and perhaps the first front will redevelop in phase with that over eastern England.

Anyway, it's a longish wait but I'm saying lightning show 11 pm to 4 am southeast England. Fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
The cold front is dieing :lol: :lol: :lol:

It has expired, ceased to be...Or is it resting?

Posted

Wow some nice storms in N france right now if they keep there energy lots of people in SE england are gunna be v happy later.

Posted

IOW radar has lit up in Northern France,i overlayed it with SAT 24 and the 3-4 Storms seem to match up

Posted
Come on now people play nice!! :wub: Don't want another mod bashing!!

I expect a new thread to be opened if this cold front miraculously produces - there'll be so many apologies going up :D

its dying.....shrinking fast...

going ballistic in N.France now....lots of lghtning...proper storms down there

Posted
Still optimistic about the MCS developing further and extending across the Channel by about 11 pm, peaking around 0200.

Satellite imagery loop shows that small low on the front actually swerving northeast past two hours. There already is a developing MCS over northeast France, one station north of Paris reported 70 mms of rain in one hour.

Meanwhile, I remain less than optimistic about chances for development along the main frontal band edging east, but it could at least get slightly more active after midnight in phase with the MCS.

The better dynamics long-term are later Friday when the stuff west of Ireland swings through, this could give some better thunderstorm potential and perhaps the first front will redevelop in phase with that over eastern England.

Anyway, it's a longish wait but I'm saying lightning show 11 pm to 4 am southeast England. Fingers crossed.

indeed, fingers, toes and everything else crossed here :wub: thanks Roger as always :D

21.9C but very humid.

Posted
Why has Meto still got an advisory out for Wales and the SW? There is no heavy and thundery rain anymore, it's done and dusted. I'm not having a go, just wondering why it's still out.

Hey it never was there :wub: they were drunk