Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook & Discussion Mon 6th July 09

Posted
Didn't you hear thunder from the mid-day cell?

I was in an office inside a warehouse then! :doh:

Only started hearing thunder (& seeing lightning) on my way home from work.

Cell now to my W & SW...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow
I totally hear you!! And you are not crazy for wanting to move toward an area that has no sheild! I'm moving into the Peak District as soon as my house sells and one of the reasons for it is to get SNOW and storms!!! anything has got to be better than Nottingham! Sheild factory of the Midlands!!!

I'll be in Nottingham the weekend...I bet Bridgnorth has some whoppers of storms while I'm away :doh:

Oh and just incase people get there knickers in a twist, My comment on moving SE ish - is not Midlands vs SE argument.

Sun is comming out here...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
I'll be in Nottingham the weekend...I bet Bridgnorth has some whoppers of storms while I'm away :doh:

Oh and just incase people get there knickers in a twist, My comment on moving SE ish - is not Midlands vs SE argument.

Sun is comming out here...

Stand ready you guys in the South East...there's a mass exodus of storm starved loonies from North East Wales, Shropshire, Nottinghamshire and anywhere else I may have missed heading your way.

Posted
I totally hear you!! And you are not crazy for wanting to move toward an area that has no sheild! I'm moving into the Peak District as soon as my house sells and one of the reasons for it is to get SNOW and storms!!! anything has got to be better than Nottingham! Sheild factory of the Midlands!!!

I understand your frustrations, i really do! Storms have been rare here aswell although this past week we have seen 4 thunder days in the last 6 days which is pretty decent for this location.

I suppose paitance will finally be rewarded and a storm might visit your location later this afternoon perhaps. :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

May I suggest East Kent in that case - over the last few years, E Kent has hardly been short of snow and as for storms, well..........

Posted

Harry

That Ex Wilsthire Storm is taking a direct Hit for London if it keeps its current track and Intensity.

Should be here between 4-430pm

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.
I admire your optimism Paul...but the last few days have completely crushed what optimism I did have.

That's probably because, even though I'm only 15 miles down the road from you, I've already had two quite decent storms in the past week - one of which was overnight was overnight so double trouble. I still think there's a possibility for today, but I like your method of thinking; always think negative and you'll never be disappointed. :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
I was in an office inside a warehouse then! :doh:

Only started hearing thunder (& seeing lightning) on my way home from work.

Cell now to my W & SW...

I've now taken a couple of photos of that cell!

Posted
Lots bubbling over the fells here.

These pics taken 11.50am looking east towards Clitheroe and Burnley beyond that. Intrigued by the high sheet of cloud, cirrostratus?, which has reduced sunlight and has slowly moved eastwards. Seems to be issuing from some place over Yorkshire at present. Is it part of an enormous anvil?

Stomforce Beka. If you are still at Gt Harwood just to the right of this pic, I suggest you take time out to watch the great free cloud show today from the various excellent viewpoints on Longridge Fell. Mostly accessible by car. Breathtaking extensive views from the Irish Sea to Yorks Pennines. Of course it might rain ...

Of course you and your folks may know the area well. Sometimes referred to as Jeffrey Hill. eg SD 639402, but that's only one of the parking spots.

Heya. We have just got back from Preston (went to hobby craft!) huge black clouds going north I think from there. As we drove away there was a huge rumble of thunder and it threw it down. Have seen alsorts of showers all around on there way back. We are surrounded by all sides. Not wet here so must have not had anything...yet! Off to work in an hour so i'm just on here now catching up. Driving back to Winchester tomorrow. So will have the camera in the car with me for photo opportunities!

Posted
Harry

That Ex Wilsthire Storm is taking a direct Hit for London if it keeps its current track and Intensity.

Paul S

I think its bang over me now although its gone as dark as night outside nothing electrical has yet to come from it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
That's probably because, even though I'm only 15 miles down the road from you, I've already had two quite decent storms in the past week - one of which was overnight was overnight so double trouble. I still think there's a possibility for today, but I like your method of thinking; always think negative and you'll never be disappointed. :doh:

Negative? nahhhh....realistic :lol:

Posted

reports of flooding in newcastle,just been on century radio.

clouds were all moving north east today.they,ve stopped now.and are just going straight up :doh:

Posted
QUOTE (Paul Sherman @ 6 Jul 2009, 03:02 PM)

Harry

Paul S

I think its bang over me now although its gone as dark as night outside nothing electrical has yet to come from it.

I have had my eye on that for a little while now - not swung as far NE as I thought it would, though there is still time.

Think though us in Essex/Kent/C and E London, have a fail-safe in the form of the line directly behind it which has been intensifying in the last 30 mins, and should smack us if the preceding one should not.

UPDATE - Can see something that resembles an anvil to my NNW now too!

Edited by Harry

Posted

Wondered how long it would take for them to turn up at the Party :doh: :lol:

Posted
Wondered how long it would take for them to turn up at the Party :doh::D

Was thinking exactly the same thing :D :lol: :lol:

WAKEY WAKEY OVER THERE IN METOFFICE TOWERS! lol

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!
Stand ready you guys in the South East...there's a mass exodus of storm starved loonies from North East Wales, Shropshire, Nottinghamshire and anywhere else I may have missed heading your way.

:doh: lol!! too right!!

Posted

Ok, Im no photographer, but I am going to take some pics now. The clouds forming at an imense rate. One looks like a huge ring doughnut. At leats I have these to take my mind off the lack of any other action. Still very windy, but these clouds really are amazing.

Posted

just had the heaviest deluge I have ever seen in the UK. 1 rumble of thunder and small hail mixed in.

Correction 2 rumbles of thunder now.

Edited by PhilM1