Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook & Discussion Mon 6th July 09

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

While I was now having lunch, a cell passed to our east - some thunder heard and very dark clouds. We seem to be in a clearer slot ATM.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
I'm gonna take a guess here. If I can remember these types of set-ups in the past the big storms usually occur from 4-7pm. I would say by earling evening, there will be some big thunderstorms for the people highlighted in the risk box mainly towards the East. Lincolnshire and EA will continue to see storms as they are all blowing by on a brisk Westerly wind and then peaking as they reach the Eern side of the country. Not sure about the SE but I read that it is a prime location for severe storms so good luck and be safe....should a tornado dropped down

Cheers Weather09 - sod that, be safe....out in the fields with my camera more like, lol!!!

Today I feel very much 50/50 regarding getting a storm here (or at home, hopefully at home around 7pm would be nice :lol: ) - though if I do, I will be looking a lot more closely at the bases than I normally do! :lol: haha

Posted

Very heavy rain here on Salisbury Plain with Thunder and a little lightening!!! At Last! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

RAAAHHHH!!! :lol: Nottingham sheild is WELL UP and HOLDING STRONG! storms aproach us from all sides and then dissapte before your eyes as they head into the city's (erm.. I mean sheild's) limits!! One beautiful beast formed right over me and swept east (should be hitting Lincoln any second!! That's my storm by the way!! lol!!) and the other storm was to my west heading due north and is slamming Sheffield now. The radar is making me cry as I watch the storms break in half and GO AROUND NOTTINGHAM Bloody sheild!!!!!!!!

Most beautiful clouds of the year though, I gotta say!!! absolutely mint! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings
Yeah, there is a long line of red's and whites just to your south( i presume) on the netweather radar.

aye ross , very very dark to my north and south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

One pathetic light measly little shower.....all the convection (which admittedly looks very impressive) is from my perspective in the wrong direction to me....the sky from where the weather is coming from carries as much threat and menace as a mincing morris dancer!

Hi ho.....back to sleep I go zzzzzzzzz

Edited by Carl43Wrexham

Posted
RAAAHHHH!!! :lol: Nottingham sheild is WELL UP and HOLDING STRONG! storms aproach us from all sides and then dissapte before your eyes as they head into the city's (erm.. I mean sheild's) limits!! One beautiful beast formed right over me and swept east (should be hitting Lincoln any second!! That's my storm by the way!! lol!!) and the other storm was to my west heading due north and is slamming Sheffield now. The radar is making me cry as I watch the storms break in half and GO AROUND NOTTINGHAM Bloody sheild!!!!!!!!

Most beautiful clouds of the year though, I gotta say!!! absolutely mint! :lol:

No. Absolutely nothing here at all. Not even any rain. Still no actual thunderstorms here this year.

I may be the first to say I am positive that the netweather lightning over lay is totally wrong. If there had been that many lightning strikes around my area I would have known about it! Showers weakening past here and then they reintensify after leaving.

Edited by RichardW2

Posted

Showers initiated here in Norwich mid-morning after a clear start. Cloud development was very rapid- from tiny scraps of Fractus to full blown Cbs in about 3 hours! Thunder first heard approx. 30 minutes ago... now watching for the next cell! :lol:

Posted

my storm shield is also working well but some amazing clouds flying past at terrific speeds with the highest gust so far 28Kts !

fingers crossed for some electrical activity later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.
One pathetic light measly little shower.....all the convection (which admittedly looks very impressive) is from my perspective in the wrong direction to me....the sky from where the weather is coming from carries as much threat and menace as a mincing morris dancer!

Give it time Carl, it's still only just turned 2.30pm so there's plenty of time yet.

In any case, that thunder I heard again about 30 minutes ago was a solo act; the cell decayed as it moved over just giving a dumping of rain. Looked quite menacing with scud running across the base of the cloud though.

Posted

Liking the look of this pup! Its current track looks like heading at me, though I suspect it could swing a bit more NE around the L pressure!

Keeping a very close eye on this one, particularly as it seems to be electrified!

I have put an arrow of where it seems to be heading at the moment, though I fear I may have underestimated the swing NE a little.

post-3790-1246887605_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Wow, look at all those sferics over eastern England...luvly! :lol: ....Heavy showers here in the west midlands with the odd rumble or 2, nothing especially orgnised...I think weather09 said it earlier, we're the breeding ground today, but no problem with me though, every chance of a storm this afternoon, and its good to see TRL, Lewis and the guys in storm-starved Hull finally seeing some flashes and bangs :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
Showers initiated here in Norwich mid-morning after a clear start. Cloud development was very rapid- from tiny scraps of Fractus to full blown Cbs in about 3 hours! Thunder first heard approx. 30 minutes ago... now watching for the next cell! :lol:

Didn't you hear thunder from the mid-day cell?

aj - some of those are total cobblers, mate! :lol:

post-7357-1246887800_thumb.jpg

Edited by w0033944

Posted

Liking the look of this pup! Its current track looks like heading at me, though I suspect it could swing a bit more NE around the L pressure!

Keeping a very close eye on this one, particularly as it seems to be electrified!

I have put an arrow of where it seems to be heading at the moment, though I fear I may have underestimated the swing NE a little.

Think that is what just past over us! Very heavy rain and a little thunder and lightening but nothing major! Lasted about 10 mins

Posted

Torrential rain here at present, no thunder/lightening to report.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

First rumble of the day. Call to the east. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!
No. Absolutely nothing here at all. Not even any rain. Still no actual thunderstorms here this year.

I may be the first to say I am positive that the netweather lightning over lay is totally wrong. If there had been that many lightning strikes around my area I would have known about it! Showers weakening past here and then they reintensify after leaving.

It looks as maybe the storm has swung just north of you? Do you see black clouds? I have another batch coming your way. They were disorgansied clumps before they past my sheild (I can still see one of the storms from my east window) but now they have formed a line. The one I can see from my window as it sails away from me (bye-bye storm :lol: ) is south of you but heading NW so migh clip you! Good luck!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
Give it time Carl, it's still only just turned 2.30pm so there's plenty of time yet.

In any case, that thunder I heard again about 30 minutes ago was a solo act; the cell decayed as it moved over just giving a dumping of rain. Looked quite menacing with scud running across the base of the cloud though.

I admire your optimism Paul...but the last few days have completely crushed what optimism I did have.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Would you say I'm mad...

I'm seriously thinking of looking into moving towards the SE. Sick of this shield here. And yes I am moaning lol. The Low has passed over us, since all the storms are on the leading edge, I think thats it for most of wales and the west mids.

Utter bullplop really.

What makes it worse, I have no idea why this area is so storm barren. Maybe the welsh hills hamper development? I really have no idea.

BAH!

Posted
Would you say I'm mad...

I'm seriously thinking of looking into moving towards the SE. Sick of this shield here. And yes I am moaning lol. The Low has passed over us, since all the storms are on the leading edge, I think thats it for most of wales and the west mids.

Utter bullplop really.

What makes it worse, I have no idea why this area is so storm barren. Maybe the welsh hills hamper development? I really have no idea.

BAH!

I should think Maidstone Weather and TN9 would take exception to that! lol

Though that may change depending on the potential events of later!?!?!?!

Posted
Would you say I'm mad...

Utter bullplop really.

BAH!

I totally hear you!! And you are not crazy for wanting to move toward an area that has no sheild! I'm moving into the Peak District as soon as my house sells and one of the reasons for it is to get SNOW and storms!!! anything has got to be better than Nottingham! Sheild factory of the Midlands!!!

Posted

I share your frustration, toatally sucks. Seen some beautiful TC forming, just so they can hop it to those places that never get any storms *cough! cough!!* (a hint of jelousy) The only thing that was keeping me going was someones webcam I was watching, but even that isnt working now :doh: I know netweather has us under a low storm chance today, but please, someone tell me I might get lucky at somepoint today PLEASE PLEASE *with a cherry on top*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

London has not been that great for storms this year.

The best place to move to is probably Lincolnshire I would have thought.