Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion 5Th August >>

Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Where are those lightning producing Cb's heading then over W/NW France?

Presumably this way, but will they get here before they fizzle?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Not sure about swinging east, but there appears to be a few cells over NW France that have erupted recently! Could tie in with Becky Mantin's forecast for thundery downpours to affect the SE and EA later in the night!! :lol:

Posted

Not sure about swinging east, but there appears to be a few cells over NW France that have erupted recently! Could tie in with Becky Mantin's forecast for thundery downpours to affect the SE and EA later in the night!! :lol:

The question, though, was posed a few minutes ago - where are the extreme sferics?

Posted

The question, though, was posed a few minutes ago - where are the extreme sferics?

I dont think it was ever a definite for thunderstorm weather - isolated sferics I think were expected to be fair...though A bloody sferic would be nice at the moment :lol:

UPDATE - Absolutely ******** it down at the moment!! And I am getting excited by those cells which have fired up behind this main rain band! Yes of course it has cooled, but the breeze flowing through at the moment is still a very humid one!!

Edited by Ross B

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Not sure what your skies are like in west kent but here we have alot of ac with mackeral skies , clear to the east

Posted

I dont think it was ever a definite for thunderstorm weather - isolated sferics I think were expected to be fair...though A bloody sferic would be nice at the moment :lol:

That's what I mean, the atmosphere here is so thick you could cut it with a blunt knife, the clouds are lowering, but so far...not a sausage.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Very heavy rain again here in S.E.London, after a lull for 10 minutes or so. I think theres every chance reports of thunder will start coming in as this stuff pushes into E.Anglia. Its happened so many times before when ppn coming up from the south, which has been largely devoid of thunder suddenly intensifies as it heads NE of London and becomes electrified. Good luck in that part of the world, anyway. :lol:

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Very heavy rain again here in S.E.London, after a lull for 10 minutes or so. I think theres every chance reports of thunder will start coming in as this stuff pushes into E.Anglia. Its happened so many times before when ppn coming up from the south, which has been largely devoid of thunder suddenly intensifies as it heads NE of London and becomes electrified. Good luck in that part of the world, anyway. <_<

Regards,

Tom.

Thanks for the good wishes.

I just want some rain to freshen things up a bit.

Edited by w0033944

Posted

Not sure what your skies are like in west kent but here we have alot of ac with mackeral skies , clear to the east

Skies...VERY dark! Weather wise, this is probably the closest you'll get to a tropical thunderstorm, just without the electricity at the moment. It is absolutely HAMMERING it down - the sky has become very dark, the rain is so heavy it is just looks misty all around. Still very warm...oh, now gutters overflowing!

I am just sitting here waiting for the flash and bang now, lol!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Greater London now gone amber in Met O warnings. Been pretty heavy rain for over an hour now.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

you might be waiting all night !! :p

Ive that feeling all day...oh well, in the immortal words of Dame Doris...QUE SERA SERA, WHATEVER WILL BE WILL BE, THE FUTURE'S NOT OURS TO SEE, QUE SERA SERA!!!! ....the shame <_<

Yeah, the Radar really shows the intensity of rain:

Must be a deluge.

Is that supposed to be sarcastic?

Edited by Harry

Posted

Hmm, now why would you think that? <_< Seriously, some intense green and peach coloured echoes there. :p

Well, you need to be here to believe it evidently - obviously the radars have looked more spectacular, but it was very heavy indeed!! Still raining, though certainly less impressive than earlier!

My eyes are very much hooked on the erupting cells over NW France at present...any thoughts on them?

But, if are feeling a bit down about the lack of thundery weather (the only area that has seen proper thunderstorm weather has been the Oxford area) then feast your eyes on NE Spain! BOOM!!!!

Posted

From this at lunchtime,and very miami-ish,to god damned awful now <_<

post-8172-12495881103525_thumb.jpg

post-8172-12495881641055_thumb.jpg

Posted

From this at lunchtime,and very miami-ish,to god damned awful now <_<

Just raining constantly now - doesn't feel much less humid though!

Am listening to 'Storms in Africa Pt 2" by Enya...least it talks of others getting storms, lol

EDIT - Well, what's left of the MetO radar (they all seem to be falling) some of the rainfall now coming up from the South seems to be slightly intensifying and growing - with further pulses possible to come out into the overnight period.

If we lose radar, might not be a bad thing tbh, lol

Edited by Harry

Posted

Is there a glich on the 2030 Met Office radar or has a lot of the rain magically evaporated?

Steve

(Only action here so far has been a few IC flashes at 0330ish this morning)

Posted

Most of the rain has been light until now, as it's getting heavier. It looks a lot worse to my east near the coast though <_<

Posted

Just started raining here, not very hard yet......... why is it when I go and clean my chickens run out it starts raining <_<