Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion 5Th August >>

Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Off topic, but the skies here are beautiful, the setting sun is lighting up the rippling clouds overhead all the way to the horizon. Very nice end to the day indeed.

Back on topic. Erm, yeah, no storms :p

I cant help but feel Mr W 09, that you are absorbing some evil, sadistic pleasure from our loss <_< how nasty of you :p

Our chances are not completely gone as yet... so ner ner ner, lol

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Anybody know why it decayed more and more throughout the day in lightning activity? , it had plenty of heat/humidity to use.

Posted

Is there a glich on the 2030 Met Office radar or has a lot of the rain magically evaporated?

Steve

(Only action here so far has been a few IC flashes at 0330ish this morning)

I noticed a glitch on the rain today radar image at 20:45

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Now all of E.Anglia, Essex, Kent and E.Sussex join in the Amber watch in Meto Warnings.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Anybody know why it decayed more and more throughout the day in lightning activity? , it had plenty of heat/humidity to use.

Poor CAPE, lack of buoyancy, stalling cold front... <_<

Posted

Really it lost its peak many hrs ago.

On the latest radar it does seem to be fizzling out or disintegrating

That's a radar glitch.

Posted

Now all of E.Anglia, Essex, Kent and E.Sussex join in the Amber watch in Meto Warnings.

Regards,

Tom.

Ooooh...what has caught my attention there, is that everyone else's amber warnings are valid until midnight, with the SE's until 3am!! More on the way up from the S then?? <_< Am I too far West....YESHH!! :p lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Regards,

Tom.

What for? , heavy rain... meh warnings for everything!.

Posted

:p Your loss? And what about me? Last proper storm I had was April 15th. How many 'big' storms have you had this year? But yeah, I do get a tad amount of pleasure from the SE missing out...just a tad :p

Yes I do feel for you there...April 15th??? Sod that...HOWEVER, you have not had the endure the last 3 days of best part 90's% humidity, last two days just shy of 30C and had difficulty sleeping, working in the tropic like conditions!! We deserve them <_< :p :p

However, all is not lost anyway...hoping that the next pulse of rain might produce something. Now that its dark at least, any lightning which does flicker will be visible to many :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Well just got home from work down in Milton Keynes......Strewth! Had a cracking storm just after 1pm...CC's, CG's, the lot! Tropical rainfall, and when the storm passed to the NE, it did nothing but pour down for the rest of the afternoon...Trust me, evening rush hour northbound on the M1 was not on my top ten list of pleasurable activities!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Loads of rain in the East yet no storms right now. Kind of what i expected. Some places have been drenched now-hope there isnt any flooding.

Last big storm was 29th June so i think i can wait a tiny bit longer but not much!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

I'm not yet ready to start a 'What went wrong with the Tstorm forecast for 06/08/09' - but tomorrow morning :doh:

Errors have been made, others will be blamed

Posted

I'm not yet ready to start a 'What went wrong with the Tstorm forecast for 06/08/09' - but tomorrow morning :doh:

Errors have been made, others will be blamed

I still believe it is not over yet! All windows still open here, front door - it is still very warm and very humid, despite torrential/heavy/moderate and light rain for the last two hours or so. There is still some energy out there for something to produce...I know, clutching at straws etc, but conditions FEEL right...

Posted

wow what an eventful evening so far been driving around W Kent, nothing but persistent light rain so far, and it feels much fresher too.

This time last year I was just beginning to see the first faint flickers to my west of some purple sheet lightning - not quite the same situation this year :doh:

The only thing flickering here is the light in my room!

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted

I think any storms forming later will follow the same path as this mornings rain band.Isle of Wight and NE.

I was actually right!! Unfortunately i was in London all day so missed the action at home in Swindon!!

Posted

There is still some energy out there for something to produce...I know, clutching at straws etc, but conditions FEEL right...

That's true Harry!

post-6667-12495902668117_thumb.gif

Posted

It's really frustrating watching the radar update and not seeing much in the way of action in North Norfolk! I love the stormy summers nights, i just wish we'd get a piece of the action. There seems to be an invisible line around Norfolk preventing things moving eastwards :doh::doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

There is a big plume of ppn heading up towards London from the channel now...In fact as I type, it is suddenly torrential!

Posted

Well just got home from work down in Milton Keynes......Strewth! Had a cracking storm just after 1pm...CC's, CG's, the lot! Tropical rainfall, and when the storm passed to the NE, it did nothing but pour down for the rest of the afternoon...Trust me, evening rush hour northbound on the M1 was not on my top ten list of pleasurable activities!

Aha!!! yes i was right earlier when i reported it from a mate just outside Milton Keynes.

I'm suprised everyone ignored me when i mentioned i saw a strike of lightning earlier and then thunder, i was the only one who has seen it from this band for ages!

Posted

It's really frustrating watching the radar update and not seeing much in the way of action in North Norfolk! I love the stormy summers nights, i just wish we'd get a piece of the action. There seems to be an invisible line around Norfolk preventing things moving eastwards :doh::doh:

Tell me about it Andy!

Posted

I reckon its all over..For here...was so close for a few hrs for a deluge..

The Fat Lady is singing,,,

I await for the next threat for here