Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

September 2009 Cet

Posted

A slightly higher than average CET I think is on the cards - lets say 14.2 degrees, it will start off quite cool, but the signs look promising for a fairly warm second week, thereafter fairly cool in the north, but the south will stay a bit above average, very similiar to August. Can't see a very mild September on the cards, and cold Septembers nowadays seem resigned to the past, out of all the months of the year I always feel that to get a cold month is most difficult in September, SST's nowadays are not conducive to delivering cold Septembers and we tend to reap the benefits of high pressure over the almost always warm near continent, very very difficult to get a cold high like in 1986.. very hard indeed.

Posted

It's all looking pretty average to me - so I'll go for 13.6c for September.

MM

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

14.0 for me please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

14.4c please.

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

13.6c before I forget.

Posted

As I see it Sept will continue the summer unsettled pattern for most areas. Despite this I predict an above average CET of 14.5C, due to high night minimas and warm London figures (again).

Posted

14.5 for me thanks.

Can't really see a cold September at all, in spite of the unsettled forecast for the next couple of days.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

12.7 below average

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

An (oops late) 14.5 please.

Unsettled but with a southerly bias, especially towards midmonth, which should raise temps slightly above average.

Posted

Will be interesting to see how the CET by the end of this week compares to recent CET's after the first 6 days of September, from my recollection the majority of recent Septembers have started off very well temperature wise, this year it is looking a relatively cool first 6 days, its very difficult to record a warm September if the first week or so is relatively cool, often the first 10 days of September bring warm weather.. September is a rapidly cooling month, by its end, frosts can descend in sheltered spots anywhere not just the north, clear skies do not necessarily equate to warm CET's..

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!

Only one day late (just).

I'll go for 14.2C