Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

September 2009 Cet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I don't believe in any of the autumn-winter link rubbish. It is merely hopecasting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

14.2c to the 25th.

+0.4C

Posted

Looks like I am going to be much nearer the mark with my guess this month compared to recent months, my guess being 14.2 degrees, can't see it sticking at this level, perhaps 14.1 degrees but more likely 14 degrees, a near average month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

14.2 to the 26th

0.5c above average.

Posted

My ever-so unofficial average is currently 15.6c although thats probably down to the pretty warm temps at the start of the month (recorded 26c on the 8th) and its only just started to have really cool nights here over the last week or so, although last night only dropped to 10.0c so that probably explains the warmer average down here (a bit)

Posted

14.2 to the 28th

14.1 looks like being the uncalebrated figure

I wouldnt be so sure. Bear in mind today and tomorrow will still be rather warm in the CET zone. Indeed, today has a min of 12.2C and maxima have been approaching 18-21C in many areas. Tomorrow will be the same: a mild night and some warm temperatures in the south before the cold front crosses the country.

Without a climate-uk figure (it only goes to the 18th at present) theres also no way of knowing if there will be any correction. Its looking like 14.3C will be the provisional number but either way its pretty close to average.

Posted

I wouldnt be so sure. Bear in mind today and tomorrow will still be rather warm in the CET zone. Indeed, today has a min of 12.2C and maxima have been approaching 18-21C in many areas. Tomorrow will be the same: a mild night and some warm temperatures in the south before the cold front crosses the country.

Without a climate-uk figure (it only goes to the 18th at present) theres also no way of knowing if there will be any correction. Its looking like 14.3C will be the provisional number but either way its pretty close to average.

Yes, the CET is still creeping up, so I agree that 14.3C is where we will probably be at the end of today. That may get adjusted downwards slightly. Anyway, it's looking likely that September will be slightly above average, but at least it hasn't been incredibly warm like those of 1999 and more especially 2006. Still, would have rather had a cooler September! Does anyone have the link to the Hadley CET tracker as I can't find it these days on the METO website? Cheers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

My own unofficial figure looks like being 14.7C so pretty much within the confines of the figure that is expected. Whereas the CET zone general saw relatively high temperatures by day and relatively low temperature by night, the opposite was true for here.

p.s. What is the 10 year average figure for September?

Posted

Yes, the CET is still creeping up, so I agree that 14.3C is where we will probably be at the end of today. That may get adjusted downwards slightly. Anyway, it's looking likely that September will be slightly above average, but at least it hasn't been incredibly warm like those of 1999 and more especially 2006. Still, would have rather had a cooler September! Does anyone have the link to the Hadley CET tracker as I can't find it these days on the METO website? Cheers.

http://hadobs.metoffice.com/hadcet/cet_info_mean.html

Still no update for today.

My own unofficial figure looks like being 14.7C so pretty much within the confines of the figure that is expected. Whereas the CET zone general saw relatively high temperatures by day and relatively low temperature by night, the opposite was true for here.

p.s. What is the 10 year average figure for September?

The 10 year average (1999-2008) is 14.7C.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Must have dropped lower than they expected so they checking everything. Should have gone up slightly as the last few days have been very mild.

Posted

The last few days have been pretty warm and one or two cooler nights have been more than offset recently by several very warm nights. I would guess a rise if anything over the last few days. Then there is the mandatory downwards correction (I still don't understand this) so should be between 14.1 and 14.3?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Its looking like 14.3C will be the provisional number but either way its pretty close to average.

I guessed 14.4c so maybe I should have light a bonfire last night

ps Out of interest as we past midnight it is of course then October so was the last 'night' for September CET last night mellow.gif

ie How does the 'CET people' count the change over ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I guessed 14.5C, so regardless of whether the outturn is 14.2, 14.3 or 14.4 I will be quite happy with my guess.

Philip Eden hasn't been updating the CET at www.climate-uk.com recently- that site often gives a big clue regarding what sort of correction is likely. I am thinking a final outcome of 14.2 or 14.3 looks likely, overall quite typical for recent Septembers really.

Posted

Despite wanting a cooler September, I am happy with my CET guess of 14.3C. However, I was late entering this month, so I have been subjected to penalty points! :lol: Nevermind.....

Edited by Don

Posted

Must have dropped lower than they expected so they checking everything. Should have gone up slightly as the last few days have been very mild.

Daily CET

23rd - 13.9C

24th - 12.5C

25th - 12.3C

26th - 14.0C

27th - 13.4C

Bit difficult to get the CET to rise when it comes in below the rolling average - not exactly very mild either.

Bear in mind you need a day to come in around 17C to raise the CET by 0.1C at this time of the month

Posted

Climate-uk.com has now been updated and Philip Eden shows the September average as 14.2c.

MM