Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

White Christmas 2009

Stuart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

tsk, tsk...this years xmas forecast is an absolute doddle to forecast, I dont need technical charts, because my forecast is thats there's a 50% chance of snow on xmas day...ie, either it will, or it wont...forecast complete! :cold: :o

Posted

I haven't got the faintest idea, but would love to see the first flakes falling as darkness descends on Christmas Eve. :o :cold:

Posted

Just for fun again, and perhaps to show how impossible it really is to predict a specific day's weather at this type of range, here's today's xmas day chart from the CFS - and if you're hoping for a white xmas it's definitely an improvement on yesterdays!!!

post-2-12522397246543_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Just for fun again, and perhaps to show how impossible it really is to predict a specific day's weather at this type of range, here's today's xmas day chart from the CFS - and if you're hoping for a white xmas it's definitely an improvement on yesterdays!!!

As you say, it just shows how daft it is trying to forecast anything more than 3 months away! When is the NW first Xmas forecast usually released?

Posted

As you say, it just shows how daft it is trying to forecast anything more than 3 months away! When is the NW first Xmas forecast usually released?

We start the countdown from November onward :whistling:

Posted

is there a point to this thread. regardless of the weather, talking about christmas in early september is a little preemptive. can we get halloween and nov 5 out of the way first. regards, grumpy of london! sorry i have a dishwasher flood and in a mood

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yummy. :whistling:

It is pretty much impossible to predict Christmas Day this far out but i just see it as part of the run in the run up to it and get more serious about it in December. :smiliz23:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Yummy. laugh.gif

It is pretty much impossible to predict Christmas Day this far out but i just see it as part of the run in the run up to it and get more serious about it in December. smile.gif

Maybe we should have a competition seeing who can guess what the CFS will throw out for Xmas tomorrow! I am guessing a high pressure slapped right on top of us, a cold, frosty Christmas isn't too bad!

Posted

the ONLY output we have regularly is the CFS output available to Extra subscribers-take a look at its latest-pie in the sky of course but white for some without a doubt IF IF it validated?

Posted

the ONLY output we have regularly is the CFS output available to Extra subscribers-take a look at its latest-pie in the sky of course but white for some without a doubt IF IF it validated?

But it is an IF the size of a small country!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

a beasterly is bound to show up this september, at least once, i reckon show beasterly tomorrow, then completely change to mild sw windz

Posted

2 days in a row!? It can't be whistling.gif

It's nailed on now! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Come on now you need at least another run yet to be sure :):)

Posted

Come on now you need at least another run yet to be sure acute.giftongue.gif

Yeah just to firm up details like how many feet of snow each location will get and how many degrees below freezing the max temperature will be, just these little details now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

White Christmas?... only joking i'm not really going to do that miltant black guy thing :)

I find it amazing that there can be any prediction this early

"Probabilities

Northern areas of the are considered to have a 45% chance of a white Christmas.

Southern areas of the are considered to have a 45% chance of a white Christmas."

Sounds good to me!!!

Lol there's no real point of Gfs this early, it's about as good as predicting by flipping a coin :)

Posted

White Christmas?... only joking i'm not really going to do that miltant black guy thing biggrin.gif

Lmao he's brilliant, "What kind of racist **** is this?!" :)

I think the reason it is 45% because they know it's 50-50 and nobody knows, but they don't want it to seem that way!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

is there a point to this thread. regardless of the weather, talking about christmas in early september is a little preemptive. can we get halloween and nov 5 out of the way first. regards, grumpy of london! sorry i have a dishwasher flood and in a mood

yea, can we also predict chances of white Halloween and white bonfire night-although bonfires in the snow REALLY wouldn't be a great idea :)

might sound impossible but i remember some snow in the south, in October last year.:)

Lmao he's brilliant, "What kind of racist **** is this?!" :)

I think the reason it is 45% because they know it's 50-50 and nobody knows, but they don't want it to seem that way!

Hahaha! yea true, if i was to 'predict' [guess] i'd go just under 50-50 to make it sound like i had a clue what i was talking about.

Posted

bonfires in the snow REALLY wouldn't be a great idea biggrin.gif

Better than the usual rain!

Posted

Don't worry, we'll have a couple of air Frosts either late November or early december. That will whip the media up into their usual pre Christmas frenzy as to us having a white Christmas. personally, the odds, I think, are very much against it for anyone South of teh Scottish border.

John, I think in this case IF=FI

Posted

I think it will get downgraded to rain as I foresee a warm sector showing up in the 18 hrs GFS on 24/12/09. Might be an outlier though - we'll need the ensembles to be sure.

MM

Edited by Mr Maunder

Posted

I think it will get downgraded to rain as I foresee a warm sector showing up in the 18 hrs GFS on 24/12/09. Might be an outlier though - we'll need the ensembles to be sure.

MM

Ah the memories of winter on Netweather!

Posted

is there a point to this thread.

Yes, it's a bit of fun and a momentary escape from a life that is otherwise pretty crappy.