• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Oh great, another article in which many people use the term "mini tornado" does my fooking head in that word lol, thanks for showing me it paul, interesting read smile.gif.

We should send Mr John Holmes and The Shermanator in to educate these fools tongue.gif

Take sympathy though - this is what is expressed by those with "tiny" brains......whistling.gif

Posted

Its ok, we'll let the southies have this one smile.gif it'll be there turn soon to watch others get action. smile.gif

I heard a rumour that Mondays action will be all up norf. So not much of a wait

Posted

its still windy but nothing like 3 to 4pm that was the peak and our lights were flickering which never happens.

oh well bring on the next storm when ever that maybe.:angry:

I think it might be Monday...not sure though havent looked but I think its going down hill again after Sunday

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Its ok, we'll let the southies have this one :) it'll be there turn soon to watch others get action. :)

:angry::lol::lol::lol: I will still be watching when you all get the action. Please post lots of info as it will be my turn to be watching jealously.:angry:

Posted

Don't think many will envy regarding Monday's low, not that deep nor are the isobars the tightest you will see. At this stage, i would say 30-40MPH gusts for parts of the Midlands and Central England. Any exposed coasts could reach 50MPH for a time but it certainly not a low pressure system that would catch the media's eye on.

Posted

Storm report and photos from me here: netweather.tv/topic/storm-reports-november-2009

Still blowing a good 'un out there but much less manic than earlier. No tornado's for me today :angry:

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Hoping this will blow itself out in the next couple of hours. Still very blustery atm, but not quite like it was earlier. Having said that, went out to the supermarket in the last hour and didn't see evidence of anything more significant than a few twigs and very small branches. The odd upended wheelie bin. But no large branches, let alone trees uprooted etc and no structural damage seen anywhere. A good thing!

Also hopefully most people elsewhere have come out unscathed - most especially hoping though that the people from that street in essex are not unduly badly affected. Tornado's are exciting to watch from afar - on televsion or on a 'controlled chase', but not at all in your own back yard.

Monday doesn't look to be anything too strong. Moderate gales are likely for a time though in some places that have managed to avoid the worst of todays unpleasant weather,

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

LOL just had the highest gust of the day. 40 mph.

I was really hoping to see some action today or if not take my mother out. Sadly I listened to the morning forecast rather than my instinct from looking at XCweather so I altered my plans.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Wow looks like the storm was good / bad for some.

Apparently there was a tornado in essex ( im sure someones already noted it. ) Its on the BBC news site ..

Anyway.

Not much happened round here.

Hardly any rain since thurs and the winds were nothing to write home about.

Glad to see some people had fun and hope everyone here stayed safe.

-G

Posted

well thats your opinon weather 09..but as far as Im concerned if they are calling 100mph the highest recorded..Then thats it job done..

Cant see what all the picking is all about..

Just be gratefull I picked 100 SPOT on..END OF.

sorry mods..cant see what the fuss is about of nick picking.. :angry:

edit..

here we go

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It was a STORM in the South; and that is precisely what was forecast...

How can anyone complain about that??? :angry:

Posted

Thankyou...Cant see why people try to pull things apart to be honest..

aiI I did yesterday was insist that the winds would reach 100 somewhere in The British Isles....And so they were...

So why people wont to pull apart my prediction beats me.

You maybe correct in what your saying.

But my point is I said 100....And 100 it was on the BBC website..

Thats it...with no technical detail..

Not worth going on about anymore so end of story...np weather09..

I will not say anymore on it Mods...But sometimes :angry: .. :angry: :lol:

Posted

Forgive me, I wasn't being picky or trying to argue. No, I was just pointing out that, that particular site is situated at such a position that where winds across southern England could be in the high 60s, at the Needles, the wind is a good 20mph stronger. It was the same situation on Jan 18th 2007 and on Oct 27th 2002. Mumbles Head in South Wales is another location where winds are known to be much much higher relative to surrounding areas. The Met Office try to state that these locations are not reflective of the overall highest winds across a more widespread area.

I wasn't discrediting your prediction, I was predicting the more realistic gusts, and for a specific location..and I wasn't far off. Anyway, a recording is a recording, and if that gust has been verified, then congrats. biggrin.gif

No one is complaining, and you saying that is making it seem like someone is making a big deal out of it, and no one is.

Aaaaannnyway back to the weather, what is going on out there now, or has it all calmed down now? Hows the Coast? anyone, anywhere?...........aggressive.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Calm down peeps...It's 'only' the weather??? :lol:

Live long and prosper??? :angry::angry: :lol:

Posted

Aaaaannnyway back to the weather, what is going on out there now, or has it all calmed down now? Hows the Coast? anyone, anywhere?...........aggressive.gif

Yep, after a wild day the wind has now dropped right off here on the Dorset coast

Posted

Well, after a pretty intense 24 hours down here, including some powerful gusts caught on mobile camera its a lot calmer this evening. Some localised flooding on some minor routes and the usual debris (twigs, the odd large branch, etc) scattered about. Took a drive down to Hambridge to find the river has overflowed its banks, flooding many fields as usual!

Hopefully will get a quieter night sleep than the 4 hours I got last night, although maybe the next sounds to wake me later could be of thunder instead of wind judging by whats developing just off the SW peninsula?

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Manston in kent had 80MPH wind gusts :good:

Posted

Yep, after a wild day the wind has now dropped right off here on the Dorset coast

Yes think it has all over, quite an event really today. would be interested to find some rainfalls measurements; only problem is even though stop raining those flood waters will increase as it runs off the hills.....

Posted

Well, after a pretty intense 24 hours down here, including some powerful gusts caught on mobile camera its a lot calmer this evening. Some localised flooding on some minor routes and the usual debris (twigs, the odd large branch, etc) scattered about. Took a drive down to Hambridge to find the river has overflowed its banks, flooding many fields as usual!

Hopefully will get a quieter night sleep than the 4 hours I got last night, although maybe the next sounds to wake me later could be of thunder instead of wind judging by whats developing just off the SW peninsula?

ooh whats off the SW peninsular or is this on another thread?

Posted

ooh whats off the SW peninsular or is this on another thread?

I think best described as thundery showers spreading over the south tonight, strongest near the coasts where SST's give convection an extra bit of ooomph.

Posted

Well, I've had my power knocked out all day! :blush:

Was driving along some country roads here in East Dorset today and saw many fallen bits of tree, branches and the like blocking the roads a little sometimes. Some trees had fallen over, but not completely. Bit a very wild day round here, but that's all the fun of the fair! :good: