Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook

Paul Sherman

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Bearing in mind the forcing dynamics apparently behind an ANA cold front - isn't it to be expected that the system is currently intensifying as it hits the higher ground/hills through the western side of the country and that as it moves inland to lower inland levels that some (relative) weakening of the system might occur as it moves further and further SE?

With that in mind. and without wanting to pre-empt anything, and I could easily be wrong of course about what I am saying, but it occurs to me that the 'severe weather potential'(if that is what you are hoping for!) is greater for some SE areas, particularly towards to the coast, after the front later tomorrow than during it.

Although from a personal point of view I much prefer my storm activity in the summer - and will be very pleased and relieved if this corner of the world escapes entirely !!

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Bearing in mind the forcing dynamics apparently behind an ANA cold front - isn't it to be expected that the system is currently intensifying as it hits the higher ground/hills through the western side of the country and that as it moves inland to lower inland levels that some (relative) weakening of the system might occur as it moves furhter and furher SE?

With that in mind. and without wanting to pre-empt anything, and I could easily be wrong of course about what I am saying, but it occurs to me that the 'severe weather potential'(if that is what you are hoping for!) is greater for some SE areas, particularly towards to the coast, after the front later tomorrow than during it.

Although from a personal point of view I much prefer my storm activity in the summer - and will be very pleased and relieved if this corner of the world escapes entirely !!

With regards storm potential tomorrow, that certainly appears to be the consensus at this stage - risk of thunderstorms tomorrow, with some maybe even bearing severe characteristics - all associated with two troughs expected to appear and then transfer E throughout the morning and into the afternoon.

The T word being banded around a bit, though I think things will be a bit clearer tomorrow.

Posted

Pretty rough here too dogs!! Couple of things have blown over out in the street. I presume this is just the start!shok.gif

lol...Jane I think some places will get it worse than other's

Pretty scary outside at times even though it's not here yet...

Seems to me its intensifying as it moves East

Posted

true enough I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it-certainly a sequence to save

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

lol...Jane I think some places will get it worse than other's

Pretty scary outside at times even though it's not here yet...

Seems to me its intensifying as it moves East

Going out to the garden in a minute to see if everything is still intact lol. I thought I heard thunder smile.gif but I think it's just the wind roaring (damn)rolleyes.gifsad.gif

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

It's still very stormy in Wellington.Not as stormy as it will be in Wales but still quite impressive .

Posted

Going out to the garden in a minute to see if everything is still intact lol. I thought I heard thunder smile.gif but I think it's just the wind roaring (damn)rolleyes.gifsad.gif

I'm getting conned too JL - though its bone dry with the squall well over a hundred miles away (nearer two), the wind keeps "boooming" every now and again against the houses....drat! Still fun though.

Update - wind is seriously strong here - sooo wish I had an anomometer!!!!

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

I have never seen a squall line like that either, very defined, and indeed it will certainly strengthen as it progresses. I'll go for 2 reported tornadoes, one of these bordering a T5, one in Central England (the weakest) and one in the SE (the strongest).

Posted

I have never seen a squall line like that either, very defined, and indeed it will certainly strengthen as it progresses. I'll go for 2 reported tornadoes, one of these bordering a T5, one in Central England (the weakest) and one in the SE (the strongest).

Gehhhh!!! Can I be a nimby???? There's me saying "at least we don't get that here"...could you imagine - fast asleep and you lose your roof, or worse??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Patiently awaiting the squall. Winds still gusting into the mid-high 40s so a very gusty night indeed. By the time the line hits, winds should easily be reaching mid 50s, though I'm hoping for a good deal higher than that. Gotta say, pretty impressive Radar images..a nice defined line with bow-type features. I can only imagine what the conditions are like underneath it.

I'll let you know in about 5 mins!....Its almost here...White echos on the radar now...

post-4149-12591028144603.txt

Posted

Really starting to pick up now.. Just been out in the garden, took down the bagoda and locked the Chickens in... I guess its getting close now..

Posted

torro talking about a possible ( T4 ) tornado tomorrow :wallbash:

Metcheck have released a Special Update with an Updated Severe Weather Warning along the same lines of Torro's Severe Weather Forecast.

Posted

Just had the squall pass here North of Buxton, Wasnt really too eventful, just some moderate rain with the occasional gust accompanying it. Its hit and miss for many areas so I wasnt too disappointed I didnt get to see much, at least I'll get to see the temperature change in the coming few minutes and passing hour. Keeping a eye on the NW Radar and reports anyway. Bow-Line and LEWP signatures are still around with this Front.

Posted

This version of the NW radar picks out the squall far clearer IMO than the other two :wallbash:

What an exciting 24 hours coming up.

post-3790-12591032749035_thumb.png

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Like a mini hurricance outside , love it LOL :wallbash:

Posted

Like a mini hurricance outside , love it LOL :wallbash:

It's not just me then - it is bloody strong out there!!

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Thanks for that destructive prediction (or was it a wish? lol!)

I do hope you are wrong of course!

Posted

Well first night shift tomorrow so will see what turns up, got railway behind house so everytime i hear a roar have to check :wallbash:

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

I'm staying up but it looks like a long way off yet some have said it will clear kent by 1am...but i cant see that right now!

IMO more likely to clear Kent around 6am - as per NW convective forecast ... though could be an hour or so before this. 18z GFS seems to clear the cold front between 06z and 09z.