Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia And South East England Cold Spell Discussion

shuggee

Posted

Pah!! In Eastbourne we will be doing things BIG STYLEEE!

sledging.jpg

extreme-sledding-250-167.jpg

2487297561_d361bfc693.jpg

00224_s_8abqafx8p137.jpg

Posted

Possibly as early as early as tomorrow morning LS, esp if the front comes down a little faster then is currently being progged by the models, in the northern part of this threads 'zone'.

We will know how this is going to evolve over the next 12hrs and tonight and how cold it gets will give a big clue, esp the dew points, they are really key.

Posted

Hello To all. Do you think there will be snow in north west london? I hope theres no school tomrrow thurs and fri (anyways its last week) SO what do you guys think and im young only 14 so i dont really understand snow although i love it!

Thanks Rajeev

Hi Rajeev,

Snow anywhere from Thursday onwards is possible, keep an eye on the Netweather snow forecast map and for information on how snow is formed, have a look at this link.

Doozer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Hello To all. Do you think there will be snow in north west london? I hope theres no school tomrrow thurs and fri (anyways its last week) SO what do you guys think and im young only 14 so i dont really understand snow although i love it!

Thanks Rajeev

Hey dude welcome to Net-wx. I been using this site since I was 14..so I knwo what it's like...21 now!

Well unfortunately there will be school tomorrow, thursday and friday look to be very cold and snowy -HOWEVER it depends on the finer details which are too hard to pinpoint even this close. I would say there is a better chance of more significant snow for you at the weekend, but definately looks like you will see showers late Thursday into Friday, so fingers crossed for you mate :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

If only this could have been a week later - What a fantastic Xmas Day this would have been wallbash.gif

Still a good change of it imo - when weather like this sets in, its hard to shift. This AND white christmas would be awesome ! :cray: if a little greedy...

Posted

If only this could have been a week later - What a fantastic Xmas Day this would have been wallbash.gif

Well thats the only slight downside to it all and it may well mess about with peoples preperations, but still the GFS at least would give one of the snowy spells in this decade it seems...

Posted

Possibly as early as early as tomorrow morning LS, esp if the front comes down a little faster then is currently being progged by the models, in the northern part of this threads 'zone'.

We will know how this is going to evolve over the next 12hrs and tonight and how cold it gets will give a big clue, esp the dew points, they are really key.

Yeah, the BBC site is showing snow to the North of our area (Norwich, Cambs, MK etc) by Midday tomorrow, if you scroll through the interactive maps. Suggests it turns to snow on its back edge though. Not having that!

Posted

Pah!! In Eastbourne we will be doing things BIG STYLEEE!

sledging.jpg

extreme-sledding-250-167.jpg

2487297561_d361bfc693.jpg

00224_s_8abqafx8p137.jpg

hmmmm... didnt know there was mountains in eastbourne??!!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

The further east the better!

The highest chances though are in east anglia(East Suffolk,Norfolk) , South east england ( north kent , east kent areas ). London should have snow but intensity depends on the direction of any streamers

Posted

The further east the better!

The highest chances though are in east anglia(East Suffolk,Norfolk) , South east england ( north kent , east kent areas ). London should have snow but intensity depends on the direction of any streamers

Yep, little worried I maybe a tad warm here in SE Essex. Fingers crossed for a Thames Streamer.

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

Yep, little worried I maybe a tad warm here in SE Essex. Fingers crossed for a Thames Streamer.

Don't worry about warm , the temps and dp will be fine. :D

Posted

Awaiting the BBC 3 Counties weather forecast in a few minutes, done by Julie for the week ahead..........

Yes be interested to hear what is said, even though I right over on the eastern side of Herts.

Posted

-2C here , not sure on the dp... clouded over aswell

Posted

Don't get get carried away yet people! There is still a chance we could get a dusting then it all being washed away after the weekend. UKMO is a major downgrade more in line with 06z. GFS has only just switched to using parralell so may be a few glitches in the system. Looking very positive for at least a few cm's by Friday but anything more than that is still up in the air! Don't panic buy your snowchains just yet!

PS you can listn to BBC 3CR online at www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlive/bbc_three_counties_radio/

Edited by Tim Bland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Don't get get carried away yet people! There is still a chance we could get a dusting then it all being washed away after the weekend. UKMO is a major downgrade more in line with 06z. GFS has only just switched to using parralell so may be a few glitches in the system. Looking very positive for at least a few cm's by Friday but anything more than that is still up in the air! Don't panic buy your snowchains just yet!

It's really around T+144 that the UKMO sends in warm air from the SW, and the forecast members seem to think that it may well be overplaying the breakdown as much as the GFS is overplaying the chances for Sunday/Monday.

Edited by chrisbell0033944