Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

According to this radar there's plenty of precipitation there but I'm not sure about whether we have the required temperatures, dew points etc.

http://www.meteox.co...ar=-3&soort=exp

yep i think between 10pm and midnight is the key time to be keeping an eye out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Let me know what falls out of the sky lol when it reaches you, you normally get it before me.

I will, I should get it before you because its comeing from the North, I will be keeping the forum updated. Temperture is continueing to plumit here, now -1.7c

Posted

Temps seem to have stabalised here at 1.4 degrees. There's a layer of ice over everything outside. This is so marginal!

Looking at the radar, there's certainly no shortage of precipitation. If you're lucky enough to get it as snow, you may get a good covering.

Won't be long now... Precip in Pembs heading for us B)

Posted

yep i think between 10pm and midnight is the key time to be keeping an eye out.

change that for 9.30 the front is intensifying also.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Im kinda worried, as temps have been increasing, its now 3.3C and dewpoint at 3.2C, ground is damp so not sure if there was a light rain shower earlier as haven't long got back from watching Avatar - amazing by the way. But i have a bad feeling its gunna start of as rain or sleet, and the ground will become too wet so if it does turn to snow it won't stick :(

Posted

Same here, previously mid wales, now Bucks. smile.gif Glad I'm in the right place at the moment hehe

Yeah definitely! I used to live in lowland Flintshire - snow was a very rare occurrence and when it did snow didn't usually last more than half a day or so. I've lived here for 2 years and had several falls of snow. Even had an inch or two in October 2008. After Thursday night's blizzard, have about 8 inches of snow that hasn't melted with temps below freezing all day. Hoping for some more tonight. Good luck Wales!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Does anyone think we have a chance of it sticking?

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted

Im kinda worried, as temps have been increasing, its now 3.3C and dewpoint at 3.2C, ground is damp so not sure if there was a light rain shower earlier as haven't long got back from watching Avatar - amazing by the way. But i have a bad feeling its gunna start of as rain or sleet, and the ground will become too wet so if it does turn to snow it won't stick :(

It's likely start as rain for you and maybe once the warm front has passed and temperatures dip some snow showers later.

The wet ground will freeze over once that northern air takes grip, which is why ice could be a big problem tomorrow morning.

Posted

Its still -1 here no change, just went to pick my brother up man the roads are like an ice rink and to my suprise alot of snow about even down in the village itself rom earlier.

Posted

Its seems a pattern developing on this weatherfront rain sleet turning to snow on back edge wd jack you seem you going to be right.midlands have sleet turning to snow now.

Posted

Fun night for us in North Wales, the precipitation is turning increasingly to snow at all levels.

Posted

Tomorrow looks promising for snow according the BBC's precipitation charts.

Still, hope for snow Tonight... been waiting for this front since it made it's debut in Scotland :).

Posted

Even though it's way off for the BBC, Thursday night's prediction is heavy snow for S.Wales (dfhsdfhefhfvhsdvsd if it did).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Hot Summer days

Even though it's way off for the BBC, Thursday night's prediction is heavy snow for S.Wales (dfhsdfhefhfvhsdvsd if it did).

Looks like the bbc site has had a few too many lol