Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Most of the guys on the Scottish thread have/ are reporting rain/ sleet at lower levels, so another sign of the warm sector at play?

Posted

By the time that front gets to us it will be dark again with less influence from the warming sun so we should all or most of us get snow

Darker clouds now rolling into Ponty - will it be snow? we shall soon see

Edited by andymusic

Posted

By the time that front gets to us it will be dark again with less influence from the warming sun so we should all or most of us get snow

andy certainly these dark clouds coming in from east over senghenydd look very promising and threatening! lets hope it comes to something.

Posted

Afternoon net-weather, thought it was time to say hello since I haven't been around all year.

Despite the few flakes of snow today and on Thursday, I must say I'm a little disappointed with this cold spell which is unusual since I'm easily pleased. The lack of detail given to the BBC forecasts has been surprising although I'm confident that inland/upland areas of Wales could see some short-lived but heavy snow tonight.

Posted

Most of the guys on the Scottish thread have/ are reporting rain/ sleet at lower levels, so another sign of the warm sector at play?

Possibly.

But, we have an advantage of getting the front late evening and the recent cold has been dominating England and Wales more than Scotland.

I'm a bit further east of you and had a snow shower half hour ago so I should think it will be :).

Posted

Tends to finish off though with a inc of snow.

Posted

If you take a look at the Glasgow Traffic cams they are getting a blizzard right now so still looking good for us later

Scottish Traffic cams

Posted

There's a load of showers behind the band, too. They're after the warm sector. They'll be snow, deffo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

We have cloud over us now, and temp is slowly dropping now down to 3.6C, but dewpoint is at 2.6C, really hope they drop soon, once the sun goes then the temp should drop faster. I just saw someone on metcheck say it looks like the snow band is petering out as it heads south.

Does anyone here know if this is happening?

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted

We have cloud over us now, and temp is slowly dropping now down to 3.6C, but dewpoint is at 2.6C, really hope they drop soon, once the sun goes then the temp should drop faster. I just saw someone on metcheck say

"Interesting and surprising to note radar looks like the snow band is petering out as it heads south, as of about 2pm looks like it's stretched over the Central Highlands of Scotland."

We have ihr heavy sleet snow the front isent petering out just fast moving.Theres strong winds and hopefully heavy showers tucked in behind.

Posted

We have cloud over us now, and temp is slowly dropping now down to 3.6C, but dewpoint is at 2.6C, really hope they drop soon, once the sun goes then the temp should drop faster. I just saw someone on metcheck say it looks like the snow band is petering out as it heads south.

From the look of the meto radar the showers currently do seem to be losing their strength as they approach the South East

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

We have ihr heavy sleet snow the front isent petering out just fast moving.Theres strong winds and hopefully heavy showers tucked in behind.

Ok thats not so bad :nonono: still not happy about the temp here 3.4C dewpoint still 2.5C, spits and spots of rain falling at the moment cray.gifwould be good if it snowed but with those temps i dont think it will, atleast not untill they drop further.

Posted

Snow showers are getting more frequent here, but still not amounting to anything yet! unsure.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

There's a load of showers behind the band, too. They're after the warm sector. They'll be snow, deffo.

Yes they are and they are looking very heavywhistling.gif

Fingers crossed that the rain will turn to snow!!ohmy.gif

Posted

DP's marginal though, here temps +0.8c with 0c DP. Recent drizzle.

Temps rose to 0.7c here and there was a light snow grain shower and also very very fine drizzle not what I was expecting at -6c upper air but it does happen.

Wind now light SW so I`ll blame that lol.

http://xcweather.co.uk/

The mild sector -3/-4c from any direction besides a W to NW does tend to much more likely bring rain than an east/SE

http://www2.wetter3.de/Animation_06_UTC/12_30.gif

Much colder air sharply digs in down to -11c upper air further north.

http://www2.wetter3.de/Animation_06_UTC/18_30.gif

0.5c now and sunnier/blue skies,freezing rain for a time tonight I reckon in places. :(

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

just saw latest bbc forecast and they are saying rain for swales tonight we had light snow shower at 1:30pm near caerleon,any ideas anyone ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

just saw latest bbc forecast and they are saying rain for swales tonight we had light snow shower at 1:30pm near caerleon,any ideas anyone ?

had some light snow this morning. It's raining and drizzle here now.

The chance of snow increasing when the band of rain/sleet/snow clears. I think we will see some heavy snow showers packing in after...Could be very icy too in the morning

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted

had some light snow this morning. It's raining and drizzle here now.

The chance of snow increasing when the band of rain/sleet/snow clears. I think we will see some heavy snow showers packing in after...Could be very icy too in the morning

Any chance of them drifting east do you think?

Posted

well there is about a centimeter of lying snow from earlier showers in patchy places not white everywhere for example garage roof and parts of paths have got snow cover and where it thawed its icing over so all bodes well i hope plus clouds moving in i wonder if we can mange a snow shower?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Any chance of them drifting east do you think?

the showers that fall later on early morning could drift as far as cardiff, if the wind direction and intensity of the showers are the right conditions. Metoffice forecasting wintry showers to affect West Wales later on, so lets hope they push well inland and eastwards

still completely cloudy here temp 0 degrees C. but had no sign of any rain/sleet/snow.

Anyone got any further ideas about next few hours?

Whats your location?

Posted

Anyone got an idea when the first batch of snow will arrive and where? smile.gif thanks

Gonna hit North Wales first and then spread south throughout the country

At it's present speed I would say possibly between 7-8pm for North Wales

Edited by andymusic