Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I'm confident your going to enjoy tomorrow Adam, not so sure about me...

Extremely cold tonight but with this band coming tomorrow I think I may be in the wrong location for the whole band to fall as snow. However, I do believe I will see some snow tomorrow no matter what.

Jeez it's so cold tonight I can't believe how tomorrow will get as mild as 7 in parts of 'West Wales' as BBC forecasted.

Posted

The 18Hz run has the colder air digging in much quicker turning any rain to snow much quicker.

I hope your are right, the colder it gets the better and in many inland parts tomorrow it will struggle to get much above freezing. The 18Hz also shows tons of potential for heavy snow showers set to fall by morning. :)

Any altitude is set to be a big help for this event

What tomorrow morning or sunday morning?

And well im at 247m abs i like to call it 250 though :) , Its What living on the Western Flank of the Brecon Beacons does hehe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Only -2? It's minus 6 here and I'm like 6 miles to Pembrey at minus 3

-2.6C here...I'm around 2 miles inland from the Gower Coast

It's -0.3 °C on Mumbles Head (right on the coast)

It's -8.3 °C at Sennybridge

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted

Extremely cold tonight but with this band coming tomorrow I think I may be in the wrong location for the whole band to fall as snow. However, I do believe I will see some snow tomorrow no matter what.

Jeez it's so cold tonight I can't believe how tomorrow will get as mild as 7 in parts of 'West Wales' as BBC forecasted.

It wouldn't suprise me if they spend 20 mins mastering the Welsh forecast compared to all day with the London/ South east special amazing forecast.

Nowhere in Wales IMO will get above 4 tomorrow let alone the dizzy hight of 7 that makes the BBC look incredibly foolish given the current setup. With the intensity of cold all over the uk i personally think the coldER air from the artic will undercut alot quicker but even if it doesn't the air is still very cold which is what people seem to be forgetting.

Posted

i've been following this thread all day and i must say you all are doing a grand job with your reports dont understand much of your jargon but im learning

clear night here in port talbot about -3 at the mo

hoping to see some of the snow [please let it snow]

madian2

What tomorrow morning or sunday morning?

And well im at 247m abs i like to call it 250 though :) , Its What living on the Western Flank of the Brecon Beacons does hehe.

The snow showers are set for Sunday morning.

Posted

i've been following this thread all day and i must say you all are doing a grand job with your reports dont understand much of your jargon but im learning

madian2

Haha don't worry, I didn't ave a clue the same time two years ago but you come to learn alot with this site, One thing i comment this site for.

The snow showers are set for Sunday morning.

Fought so, And thanks :) good luck to you in Swansea i say, in events like this though Swansea always does well that's fact so I doubt the bbc's sceptical forecasts very much.

-2.6C here...I'm around 2 miles inland from the Gower Coast

It's -0.3 °C on Mumbles Head (right on the coast)

It's -8.3 °C at Sennybridge

Last night here it was -2c, the max temp here today was around 1c, with tons of ice unthawed, it could easily go to -4c tonight, and I really would not be surprised if it didn't get above freezing tomorrow, so rain would surprise me, even in the milder sector the upper temps are around -4c.

Posted

Well the colder it gets for you now the better the chances that you'll get snow. Every little helps.

Posted

Id just like to point out that the Metoffice and BBC almost NEVER get the forecast right here in regards of Snow. Take our last cold snap in February 2009, we had unexpected snow showers and it has happened many times before when they just forecast rain for us. Lets hope conditions are just right for Snow Saturday evening

Posted

Last night here it was -2c, the max temp here today was around 1c, with tons of ice unthawed, it could easily go to -4c tonight, and I really would not be surprised if it didn't get above freezing tomorrow, so rain would surprise me, even in the milder sector the upper temps are around -4c.

Yes...It's suprising to see temperatures below freezing on the Mumbles Head...Shows how cold it really is!

Posted

Enjoy the snow tommorow night about 10pm plz join in friendly bunch lol.

madian2

Posted

Id just like to point out that the Metoffice and BBC almost NEVER get the forecast right here in regards of Snow. Take our last cold snap in February 2009, we had unexpected snow showers and it has happened many times before when they just forecast rain for us. Lets hope conditions are just right for Snow Saturday evening

True, I remember the unexpected showers in Feb this year that gave 2-3 inches. Then a front was forecast to hit but missed us. Then another front was forecast to just miss us but hit us. Also the infamous Feb 08 Friday cock up where as late as the 10:30pm BBC weather forecast they had just patchy rain in Devon/Cornwall. Instead we had 6 inches of snow. Then the November 2005 Northerly where derek said the night before a "dusting at best" for the valleys, the result was 3-4 inches of snow. Probably some more cock ups I've forgot too in recent years.

I have a sneaky feeling that another nice suprise is lurking for us over the next week.

Posted

Yes Feb 2009 was great.... and greatly unexpected thanks to BBC and MetO.

and yes, like many have said BBC with 7 Degrees tomorrow is doubtful.

What's the chances of showers coming in between now and tomorrow evening's system?

thanks for the invite

10pm you say

popcorn ready and deck chair lol

madian2

I hope your deck chair is indoors. :)

Yes Feb 2009 was great.... and greatly unexpected thanks to BBC and MetO.

and yes, like many have said BBC with 7 Degrees tomorrow is doubtful.

What's the chances of showers coming in between now and tomorrow evening's system?

Some wintry showers are possible form mid morning onwards and an occlusion is set to push south before the main front which may give some more wintry showers, but probably not likely to settle though.

Posted

Haha I personally reckon that we cope better with cold conditions here in Wales than most of the Uk apart from Scotland yanno. Because even though we moan we always have a good snowfall every year only one year i was dissapointed here and that was winter 2007/2008 and even then we had snow jst not significant.

Edited by adamjones416

Posted

Haha I personally reckon that we cope better with cold conditions here in Wales than most of the Uk apart from Scotland yanno. Because even though we moan we always have a good snowfall every year only one year i was dissapointed here and that was winter 2007/2008 and even then we had snow jst not significant.

We do cope well here, well some people do, It's funny reading the comments on the Sun's Newspaper website about the snow, People from Canada saying that the snow that fell in SE England is just a "Flurry" and they are so right, I cannot believe heathrow came to a standstill even though they knew snow was coming...Jesus..come on

Posted

We do cope well here, well some people do, It's funny reading the comments on the Sun's Newspaper website about the snow, People from Canada saying that the snow that fell in SE England is just a "Flurry" and they are so right, I cannot believe heathrow came to a standstill even though they knew snow was coming...Jesus..come on

I know, I mean most people where I live still keep chains etc although theoretically with manual control these arent needed. the council has great plans with gritting and ploughin. Even in February this year when we had near enough a foot of snow the main road was just passible with care while the ploughs were struggling to cope with the intensity but when we literally have 3/4 inches theres never any problems. Fair play to Cyngor Sir Gâr, Carmarthenshire council they cope well in snowy conditions.

Edited by adamjones416

Posted

Snowing now in North West Gwynedd - Bangor

CameraN0208.jpg?freshcall=Sat%20Dec%2019%202009%2000:06:59%20GMT+0000%20%28GMT%20Standard%20Time%29

Braf gweld Liam, Ydy'n gorffwys ym mhobman neu ond ar ochrau'r heolydd?

Nice to see Liam, Isit settling everywhere or just on the side of the roads?